OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• SRC Member

Sharing US Andrew's amazing fishes

Peppermint angels and Narcosis angel

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif m_yalcinreeftank027_zps27cf3112.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif m_yalcinreeftank081_zps01bd3ba6.jpg

His amazing reef tanks are filled with rare butterflies and angels! How did he do it without any ich problem?!

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif m_yalcinreeftank047_zpsbdf1a669.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif m_yalcinreeftank061_zps49299025.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif m_yalcinreeftank087_zps55fb05e8.jpg

This is amazing tank. Got sps, Sea fan, chalice, and lps as well. All together w angelfish n butterfly. ....

Hope he is not buying those coral as food for Peppermint.

Wow how to achieve that?!

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

Is this a CB specimen?

A while back.. there were talks about a breeder acquiring a pair and trying to breed them :)

Nope this is wild caught. No CB dr seuss fish yet.

This is amazing tank. Got sps, Sea fan, chalice, and lps as well. All together w angelfish n butterfly. ....

Hope he is not buying those coral as food for Peppermint.

Wow how to achieve that?!

I m very impressed too with the mixed reef tank. Must be strict QT combined with large UV unit to achieve that.

The corals are decors for the pepp n narcosis tank. Pepps and Narcs are not easy to get feeding, if they feast on the corals i am sure the owner wouldnt mind buying corals as food for the pepp.

• Like 1

• Senior Reefer

dr gill,

i need your assistance. is this Parioglossus winterbottomi? collected in mudflats of India, bengal. i can't even find holotype pics of this fish anywhere.

it looks almost like a FW fish.

post-15755-0-43746900-1394963415.jpg

dr gill,

i need your assistance. is this Parioglossus winterbottomi? collected in mudflats of India, bengal. i can't even find holotype pics of this fish anywhere.

Toshiyuki Suzuki, the lead author of the species description of P. winterbottomi, has posted this photo that he has identified as P. winterbottomi. Given the similar collection locality and coloration, this is almost certainly your fish.

CsOeNqo.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Toshiyuki Suzuki, the lead author of the species description of P. winterbottomi, has posted this photo that he has identified as P. winterbottomi. Given the similar collection locality and coloration, this is almost certainly your fish. CsOeNqo.jpg
Tyvm joe!

dr gill,

where in Bengal was it caught..Sundarban delta..?..

actually i am from Bengal...

• SRC Member

dr gill,

Sorry, I only just noticed your post. Seems like you have now confirmed its identification without my help! That's a very nice fish. I have kept P. marginalis in a brackish water tank, though they will also do well in freshwater. Interesting that the Bengal Parioglossus is named after Rick Winterbottom. He once told me that no one ever named species after him ... he now has 11 (two of which I named)!

Awesome ! Are they angels ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are mostly butterflies. Very rare ones,so rare that you can only find them in public aquarium and some you can find no where else in captivity except in his tank!!!

There is a lone angelfish though, the old woman angelfish from South Africa.

• SRC Member

They are mostly butterflies. Very rare ones,so rare that you can only find them in public aquarium and some you can find no where else in captivity except in his tank!!!

There is a lone angelfish though, the old woman angelfish from South Africa.

Any idea how cost their rare butterflies ?

Cheers

• Senior Reefer

Hey Tony,

this one should be very familiar to you. after all, you described it!

It's a male P. tonozukai, and it's the 3rd one we've seen this past few weeks. i've never seen this fish before here. the female as you know, is orange.

post-15755-0-07805900-1396109808_thumb.j

post-15755-0-55684200-1396109809_thumb.j

post-15755-0-11763100-1396109810_thumb.j

• Like 1