OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

that is definitely not a mitratum.

that is liopropoma sp. the species name has not been evaluated yet.

liveaquaria had one for sale before together with a plethora of other liopropoma sp. not too long ago.

here's a picture. they labelled it as liopropoma sp. also.

here's another photo of the yellow tail basslet. liopropoma sp.

i duno if the species name has been given to this fish yet as of now. maybe digiman would chime in. but i'm quite certain it's not a mitratum.

this fish is common here. the one that is ultra rare and price off the scales is the red tailed one. so keep your eyes peeled.

post-15755-011580300 1279104875_thumb.jp

post-15755-080876100 1279104880_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

anyway, i've spoken to victor regarding Marjorie today.

he said Walt smith do offer fishes but he said alot are common ones like tomato clown (it could be the very rare fiji tomato clown look alike)

anyway i just told him if he can, try to enquire about the marjorie. if everything goes well, we should be able to see this fairy wrasse for the first time in Singapore in the next few months.

Marjorie wrasse is being collected by walt smith.

anyway, i've spoken to victor regarding Marjorie today.

he said Walt smith do offer fishes but he said alot are common ones like tomato clown (it could be the very rare fiji tomato clown look alike)

anyway i just told him if he can, try to enquire about the marjorie. if everything goes well, we should be able to see this fairy wrasse for the first time in Singapore in the next few months.

Marjorie wrasse is being collected by walt smith.

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I think I am infected with the cirrhilabrus fever liao. :evil:

Cirrhilabrus is one of my favourite genus of all marine fish. my past 2 years of reef keeping have been focused on this genus and now i'm trying to source for the rarer ones like marjorie.

Like digiman said, marjorie, roseafascia, pintail etc are the very rare ones but are still obtainable to some degree.

there's a thrill in slowly hunting for them.

you should start a collection of cirrhilabrus! their nuptial colours are amazing.

that is definitely not a mitratum.

maybe digiman would chime in. but i'm quite certain it's not a mitratum.

this fish is common here. the one that is ultra rare and price off the scales is the red tailed one. so keep your eyes peeled.

Yes the liopropoma was named wrongly on LA and has been named wrongly a couple of times. The fish is not L.Mitratum and it's still undescribed.

Below is a rarer red-tail version:

img7d2451dczik2zj.jpeg

U mux make sure he enquire, convince him there's a market for the fish here. If not your hope of seeing majorie here will never be realised.

Anyway here are four interesting fishes:

1) macropharyngodon kuiteri

2) V rare stripeless melanopus clownfish from australia

3) ORA Jigsaw Maroon clown

4) shepardi (mango) angelfish

post-10328-045876100 1279117107_thumb.jp

post-10328-003914900 1279117113_thumb.jp

post-10328-065442100 1279117117_thumb.jp

post-10328-092596500 1279117403_thumb.jp

Yes the liopropoma was named wrongly on LA and has been named wrongly a couple of times. The fish is not L.Mitratum and it's still undescribed.

Below is a rarer red-tail version:

img7d2451dczik2zj.jpeg

U mux make sure he enquire, convince him there's a market for the fish here. If not your hope of seeing majorie here will never be realised.

Anyway here are four interesting fishes:

1) macropharyngodon kuiteri

2) V rare stripeless melanopus clownfish from australia

3) ORA Jigsaw Maroon clown

4) shepardi (mango) angelfish

Kuiteri might not be obtainable as it occur in GBR and NSW... No collection of fishes I think..

I like the shepardi... But dun think can find...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Note to self: refrain clicking on this very poisonous thread.......

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Senior Reefer

Note to self: refrain clicking on this very poisonous thread.......

lol.

lest you end up like us...

this has to be my favourite thread in SRC i guess. i just love looking at all these rare fishes. some i know i will never get, some i know is still obtainable, and some you will NEVER get even if you had the money.

and those rare ones that are obtainable, the thrill of the hunt is so nice.

• Senior Reefer

OMG... Its origin is tonga???!! Why we dont get it?

what's so nice about this fish...?

IMO there are so many nicer leopard wrasses out there. i'm more willing to try choati again now that i have prazi.

what's so nice about this fish...?

IMO there are so many nicer leopard wrasses out there. i'm more willing to try choati again now that i have prazi.

Kao, Kuiteri is nice lor... The coloration and pattern on the body is so nice...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

More pictures of Cirrhilabrus lunatus.

this time some haremic pictures of them in the wild. this is one fairy wrasse i MUST get within my lifetime. i'll find a way...

last pic shows a juvenile female. female lunatus are one of the nicest female fairies

also one of the most variable species of fairies. showing a broad spectrum of colours.

post-15755-040209300 1279126844_thumb.jp

post-15755-088734200 1279126854_thumb.jp

post-15755-085284500 1279126861_thumb.jp

post-15755-017080500 1279126870_thumb.jp

post-15755-069748900 1279126882_thumb.jp

More pictures of Cirrhilabrus lunatus.

this time some haremic pictures of them in the wild. this is one fairy wrasse i MUST get within my lifetime. i'll find a way...

last pic shows a juvenile female. female lunatus are one of the nicest female fairies

also one of the most variable species of fairies. showing a broad spectrum of colours.

Ya, It is one of the nicest and must get... Hope to see a accidental shipment... LOL..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

some pictures of Cirrhilabrus marjorie to tickle your taste buds.

i had a very rare photo of a wild picture of a harem of C. marjorie in the wild. 2 alpha males and 10+ females. i lost the pic unfortunately. that photo was very long ago and was way before it was even named as C. marjorie. back then it was still Cirrhilabrus sp.

anyway,.. some other photos of such a nice fish.

the alpha males are nice.

i hope to see this fish in the next walt smith shipment. pray pray pray. and hope it won't be too expensive.

post-15755-063411000 1279127923.txt

post-15755-058553900 1279127928_thumb.jp

post-15755-050755500 1279127933_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

But 1 only also not very nice... A pair nicer..

1 is ok lah. lunatus doesn't seem to be the kind that will fade colour without a female.

besides just keep with other fairies lor. it shud be fine.

not cheap leh -.-

talk as if will really get. i wanna go blue habour so badly!