OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

not intersted wat. wat u wan me to do? you told me it was a bodianus sp anyway.

Nope I did not say. If you jump to conclusions yourself you can't blame me. I already said I have not seen this fish before. I kept fish for over 2 decades and would I not know if it was a bodianus?

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Yes, nice. Offer someone at cost and even offer to deliver to him. Since he's not interested I'll let them off.

not intersted wat. wat u wan me to do? you told me it was a bodianus sp anyway.

Nope I did not say. If you jump to conclusions yourself you can't blame me. I already said I have not seen this fish before. I kept fish for over 2 decades and would I not know if it was a bodianus?

Chill guys... :peace: :peace: :peace:

It is just a mis-comm and mis-ID over the phone...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I wan this!!!

Dark blue midnight angel

V nice dark blue. Nicer than nox.

This regal will fetch big money in HK.

nothing beats observing them in the wild!! gorgeous!

Nachacky & Abei are the superstars of waikiki.

Xanthic plesiops coeruleolineatus

V messed up colours but quite nice.

digiman you like this right?

Yes, prob the rarest and most beautiful of the plectranthis family.

Should not have caught the fish in the first place!

someone in netherlands owns a pair of G. dejongi! omgsh so pretty. it's very yellow! much yellower than i expected.

Too yellow, a little more orangy will be nicer.

mauritian coral beauty! article on GBD. CHECK OUT THAT TAIL!

Yet another beautiful colour variant of CB. Here's another pic of the blue tiger (Mauritian CB):

post-10328-12762756928445_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Too yellow, a little more orangy will be nicer.

Yet another beautiful colour variant of CB. Here's another pic of the blue tiger (Mauritian CB):

the mauritian CB is the only CB variant i like. rest are all sick looking

This is what was sold at Reborn... I thought it might be another Powder Black with Orange tail variant which was commonly found in indo shipment..

But when I reached home, I could see the red at the edge of the dorsal fin and then I thought I might have gotten a Achilles X Powder Black...

IMAGE_315.jpg

IMAGE_314.jpg

th_VIDEO_022.jpg

Member of:

• SRC Member

This is what was sold at Reborn... I thought it might be another Powder Black with Orange tail variant which was commonly found in indo shipment..

But when I reached home, I could see the red at the edge of the dorsal fin and then I thought I might have gotten a Achilles X Powder Black...

Wow, nice specimen! welldone.gif

I would love to add a PBT into my tank in the future too :)

Many had advise me to put it in as the last fish.... so probably a long way to go.... friends.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Senior Reefer

after close to 2 years of searching, i finally saw one with my own 2 eyes today. a Chaetodon semeion at CF.

at 6 inch, too big for me *sob*

an uncommon fish in the wild, covers a wide range but with sporadic populations, mostly living individually and occasionally in pairs.

even rarer in the trade and my first time seeing one after hunting for sooo long!! in fact i would not have saw it until CF aunty told me they had a "golden butterfly". don't recall them having red sea shipments. one look at the bright blue forehead gave it away. till now i'm still thinking about it.

post-15755-12764442592878_thumb.jpg

Wow, nice specimen! welldone.gif

I would love to add a PBT into my tank in the future too :)

Many had advise me to put it in as the last fish.... so probably a long way to go.... friends.gif

It is very greedy one... Last fish becos of the aggressiveness? No problem for me becos this is probably the only tang in my tank... Get a small ones, they will be easier to feed than bigger ones...

Member of:

after close to 2 years of searching, i finally saw one with my own 2 eyes today. a Chaetodon semeion at CF.

at 6 inch, too big for me *sob*

an uncommon fish in the wild, covers a wide range but with sporadic populations, mostly living individually and occasionally in pairs.

even rarer in the trade and my first time seeing one after hunting for sooo long!! in fact i would not have saw it until CF aunty told me they had a "golden butterfly". don't recall them having red sea shipments. one look at the bright blue forehead gave it away. till now i'm still thinking about it.

If there is a first time, there will always be a second time... LOL..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

If there is a first time, there will always be a second time... LOL..

according to aunty, this is not the first time they bring in. but she said it's very very very rare. so rare until i've only seen it once.

no lah. i said i've only seen it once. CF brought in more than once before. but selling at 3.8 red notes before discount. zz

make it sound so cheap.

this fish is actually one of those sian kind. they are only very beautiful when they are 6 inch and above. that's when the brilliant blue forehead and filament will start to show.

anything below that size will just look like a latticed butterfly.

according to aunty, this is not the first time they bring in. but she said it's very very very rare. so rare until i've only seen it once.

no lah. i said i've only seen it once. CF brought in more than once before. but selling at 3.8 red notes before discount. zz

make it sound so cheap.

this fish is actually one of those sian kind. they are only very beautiful when they are 6 inch and above. that's when the brilliant blue forehead and filament will start to show.

anything below that size will just look like a latticed butterfly.

Buy it as your show fish lor.. Just a pair.. LOL.. What is 6 inch compared to your 42 inch tank?

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Buy it as your show fish lor.. Just a pair.. LOL.. What is 6 inch compared to your 42 inch tank?

once the rocks go in, the 42 inch will look very much smaller.

i don't really like big fishes. it makes the tank look kinda clumsy. and semeion is very beautiful, but not showfish standard.

haha. i still want to try my moorish idol again. record was 6 months before it died after i gave it away. :(

once the rocks go in, the 42 inch will look very much smaller.

i don't really like big fishes. it makes the tank look kinda clumsy. and semeion is very beautiful, but not showfish standard.

haha. i still want to try my moorish idol again. record was 6 months before it died after i gave it away. :(

If the scaping is right.. It is still quite spacious for the fishes..

No selection for showfish yet? I still deciding thou...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

No selection for showfish yet? I still deciding thou...

haven decided too :)

if a moorish idol isn't show stopping enough, then i'll have to think of something else.

don't worry. with my Chelmon marginalis and Coradion altivelis coming, there won't be a shortage of showfish anytime soon ;)

if a moorish idol isn't show stopping enough, then i'll have to think of something else.

don't worry. with my Chelmon marginalis and Coradion altivelis coming, there won't be a shortage of showfish anytime soon ;)

LOL... Those are really showfish quality.. LOL.. Mine will be Genicanthus semifasciatus pair or a Conspicuous angelfish if I can fork out the money for it..

Member of:

U're adding coradion altivelis?? I tot last time when i was w u at LCK u say the fish is not v nice!

• Senior Reefer

U're adding coradion altivelis?? I tot last time when i was w u at LCK u say the fish is not v nice!

i change my mind! kena poisoned by you. apparently they are one of the safer butterflies along the league of copperband. the name is really nice! altivelis is latin for sail-fin i think.

i change my mind! kena poisoned by you. apparently they are one of the safer butterflies along the league of copperband. the name is really nice! altivelis is latin for sail-fin i think.

But they are not one of the easier feeding ones?

Member of:

Haha ya C.Altivelis is imo one of the nicest sail-fin type butterfly. But too bad i wan to keep a C.Pausifaciatus or C.Daedelma instead.