My 200 L sumpless reef tank

juuniz

Aquarium:

120 cm * 45cm * 45cm glass tank (five star)

Equipment:

Skimmer AquaC Remora powered by Aquabee 2000i

Lighting custom ATI and Razor Giesemann 4 * 39 watt (2 aquablue, 2 aquablue plus)

2 Fluidizer with Rowaphos and Rowacarbon

Chiller Resun CL280

Some old photos (May 08):

yuma.jpg

scoly.jpg

Left:

left.jpg

Mid:

mid.jpg

Right:

right.jpg

FTS

30thMaybFTS.jpg

Old Photos(June 08)

zoas.jpg

reeffts.jpg

Water Parameter:

PH 8.0-8.1

Amm, Nitrite 0

Nitrate <5ppm

Phospate 0 (Salifert)

salinity 1.025

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wow nice tank!!!!The tank is sumless yet you got loads of equips too.Where did you keep the equips?

girlone.png

Oh forgot to add:

basically i create a overflowbox and stick it with silicone and put 3 pumps inside

1 for skimmer(aquabee 2000i), 1 for fluidizer(1300lph pump) 1 for chiller (2000lph)

Wavemaker in the tank:

hydor K1,k2, koralia nano, and output from chiller pump..

here some pictures to get u the idea.. :eyebrow:

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

problems now i still have some algae although reading was almost zero for nitrates and 0 phospate(salifert)

Happy Reefing.. :thanks:

:thanks:

i have one major disaster when chiller failed to run, cost me some corals but all the fish survived..

hopefully my SPS will grow fast..

Maintainance:

changing water with syntetic salt every 2 weeks for about 40L

SR, Iodine, using aquapharm additive

Kalkwasser for top up

Feeding using marine snow, cyclopeeze, selcon, and chopped shrimp for sunnies..

Happy Reefing :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Oh forgot to add:

basically i create a overflowbox and stick it with silicone and put 3 pumps inside

1 for skimmer(aquabee 2000i), 1 for fluidizer(1300lph pump) 1 for chiller (2000lph)

Wavemaker in the tank:

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

problems now i still have some algae although reading was almost zero for nitrates and 0 phospate(salifert)

Bro, maybe the return from the FR should also go back to the main tank instead of the overflow. Mine is adopting the same concept as it is also sumpless. My chiller and FR return all go back to main tank...

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

oh lol mine is also same problem as in put the pipe near the FR pump.Lol must buy longer pipe already.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
oh lol mine is also same problem as in put the pipe near the FR pump.Lol must buy longer pipe already.

My rationale of putting all the return pipes from the equipment back to the main tank is to increase the flowrate of the water entering the overflow compartment and hence you will be filtering/ chilling more water from your main tank....

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Supporter
Oh forgot to add:

Wavemaker in the tank:

bro i have the same prob with u.. no3 and po4 almost 0..algea still grow..y ah.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...