Unreliable set up service

Vfong

Hi u all out there,

Maybe some encounter problem with setting up or upgrading of tanks.

I did have a nightmare with the person i engaged to upgrade my tank.

After confirmation of the upgrade, paid abt 50 disposit 1.5 K, and i have

to wait 4.5 months till the tank is set up. Call and message the person,

but never get a respond. When i decom my previous tank, he said he

would take care my 12 pieces of corals SSun, Cynaring, Tracyh, Candy

cane .... now i can't get back my corals, call the guy never answer.

For those who have the intention of setting up a tank, better get a

firm contact or at least an office or shop to refer to then those

free lancing, just disappear and cannot be contacted.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hope there will be Karma on the person :ph34r: .Just wait and see............He will get his retribution.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

i think should be fair to list the name here so that bros and sis will not fall into such traps.

It reminds me of a person that i think highly of as he is considered a guru on tank making since 2003. Knowledge wise, i have no doubts, but i didnt get him to do my tank due to pricing. But has introduced him to some of my friends. Recently 1 of my friend engaged him, and was complaining to me on the same problem you have faced. i really feel bad introducing him and he began to lost my trust to because of trying to make a heafty profit from me on some minor work. Sometimes, its best to get a shop rather than freelance, it may cost abit more but then it save your problems later on,

This is totally rubbish. DO what is best for yourself.

not hard to guess who the person is........Maybe he is being selective and his selected customers are happy....those none selected one will get such treatment. He shouldnt commit to ppl if he cant cope or he just grab business and later be selective to those high profit margin. Hopefully he is doing the right thing....and maybe some of the shops also....not to overlook the general. At times, it is the general customers that helped that pull through hard times and if they think otherwise, only time will tell. Humbleness seems to be hard for those who gained a name in the trade....For reputable shops, advice for the reefers is to do enough survey and get quote so that comparison can be made rather than just blindly, going to one and later dissatisfied for being a carrot head. However, if you know their pricing and happy with their product, it is totally fair. Happy seller with happy buyer.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Maybe we should have a thread that reefer can refer to when they need.

Shops or person who provide bad service

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

this will only be possible if they are not sponsoring the forum but may lead to alot of exchanges between satisfied and dissatisfied customers for that particular shop/service provider. If you can recall...someone actually mentioned some experience with certain tank maker and got a few feedback.......Worst case...received law sue....lol

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
this will only be possible if they are not sponsoring the forum but may lead to alot of exchanges between satisfied and dissatisfied customers for that particular shop/service provider. If you can recall...someone actually mentioned some experience with certain tank maker and got a few feedback.......Worst case...received law sue....lol

This was the case that happen to me.

From jul where i agree to let the person to take my tank with all term agreed 50% deposited, till this week..............until final is final. This person is so bad that promissed after promissed he didn't delivery. I cancel the agreement and lost some money.

I am now looking for tank plus cabinet maker. care to share anyone reliable?

Hi ,

I just post my story, I did heard from some LFS and equipment retailer

negative remarks abt this guy, they told me not to trust this guy.

He wasn't like that before, don't what makes this change of attitude.

His price is also not cheap either. My contract for 3.5x2x16" tank &

sump, cabinet, hood, skimmer, 2 return pumps, 1x3' T5, 2xWavemaker

was 3.2K then + 500 for piping, fittings and valves = not a small sum.

I didn't bargain or said anything, just wanted a good and reliable system.

After waiting for 3 months still not sign of my tank, so happened to get the

guy, he recommended me again tank maker (SG Brother) prompt and reliable

less then 2 weeks, tank & cabinet came. Then waited another 2 weeks for the

guy to setup the tank. then another 2 weeks for the lighting (no stock).

Its not just the money, but the not keeping promises and fulfilling the commitments

As i told him many times, if there is unforseen problem he should call or info me

and not keep radio silence, and i don;t know wat happening. Ver bad attitude.

I at least got my tank now, got to forget about my 12 pcs of corals, don't think

he will return them to me. And also the warranty he promised, u can't even get him

on the phone how to get warranty ?.

Didn't know that other also in this agony, so beware of it.

• SRC Member

I guess is this fellow is the old bird in this industry and many had used him before. Last time seems ok, now like promised and never deliver worst, take deposit liao never deliver. He is linked to a reputable shop as he always take products (branded) from them and tied with them on the setup. I hope my friend in this shop their reputation wont get hurt by him as this shop is very good in customer service.

Tell you guys a story which until now i find it very amusing. I had my tank removed and i engaged this guy to hacked my tank and removed from my house. He engaged another contractor to do the job. So with the contractor's men the job was completed in just 3 hours, i paid this guy in cash. how he deal with his contractor i do not know. So after a few days, this limped contractor was (i find him pityful) came knocking my door. He asked me whether did i paid this guy. I told him i did right after finishing the job. He shown me a cheque and written $400.00 and was bounced off. He told me such a small amount was bounced and called this guy a few times, he didnt want to answer his call.

I was very surprised and feel cheated as what i paid him was more than 200percent of this amount. And i find the contractor very pityful being played out by him. I called this guy and asked him how come he did such thing. He denied and said he will settle with the contractor.

What happened i dont know as i told this contractor i already paid him and he should go back to him.

This guy i have known him for years as i actually didnt engaged him on any of my tanks, thought he was trustworthy. But he turned out to be such a person which i really do not expect. 'Carroted' me even i know him for years. I am totally disappointed. Not to mentioned i even recommended so many friends to him to make tanks. Now some of my friends came to me and said this guy always MIA and cannot deliver. I feel sorry for them and regretted recommended them.

I think now finding a good tank maker is not easy.

Hi ,

I just post my story, I did heard from some LFS and equipment retailer

negative remarks abt this guy, they told me not to trust this guy.

He wasn't like that before, don't what makes this change of attitude.

His price is also not cheap either. My contract for 3.5x2x16" tank &

sump, cabinet, hood, skimmer, 2 return pumps, 1x3' T5, 2xWavemaker

was 3.2K then + 500 for piping, fittings and valves = not a small sum.

I didn't bargain or said anything, just wanted a good and reliable system.

After waiting for 3 months still not sign of my tank, so happened to get the

guy, he recommended me again tank maker (SG Brother) prompt and reliable

less then 2 weeks, tank & cabinet came. Then waited another 2 weeks for the

guy to setup the tank. then another 2 weeks for the lighting (no stock).

Its not just the money, but the not keeping promises and fulfilling the commitments

As i told him many times, if there is unforseen problem he should call or info me

and not keep radio silence, and i don;t know wat happening. Ver bad attitude.

I at least got my tank now, got to forget about my 12 pcs of corals, don't think

he will return them to me. And also the warranty he promised, u can't even get him

on the phone how to get warranty ?.

Didn't know that other also in this agony, so beware of it.

Any deposit receipt? Goto CASE if you have else 4get about it and be it a lesson to you <_< !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

can any bros here reveal a bit more who is this untrustworthy guy??

so that no other bros get hurt...

Same as bro scs88, I would also like to know who is this untrustworthy guy.

Please PM me.

:bow:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

This was the case that happen to me.

From jul where i agree to let the person to take my tank with all term agreed 50% deposited, till this week..............until final is final. This person is so bad that promissed after promissed he didn't delivery. I cancel the agreement and lost some money.

I am now looking for tank plus cabinet maker. care to share anyone reliable?

U can call Paul Wee SG bros OK

they ask for 30% deposit, they come

& measure, then give u drawing of how

it looks, if OK sign contract.

better u must know wat u want, as

for the equipment, if u hav budget

go fr good stuff REEF DEPOT.

SG BROS 82822323

not hard to guess who the person is........Maybe he is being selective and his selected customers are happy....those none selected one will get such treatment. He shouldnt commit to ppl if he cant cope or he just grab business and later be selective to those high profit margin. Hopefully he is doing the right thing....and maybe some of the shops also....not to overlook the general. At times, it is the general customers that helped that pull through hard times and if they think otherwise, only time will tell. Humbleness seems to be hard for those who gained a name in the trade....For reputable shops, advice for the reefers is to do enough survey and get quote so that comparison can be made rather than just blindly, going to one and later dissatisfied for being a carrot head. However, if you know their pricing and happy with their product, it is totally fair. Happy seller with happy buyer.

Anyway wat is the pricing to qualify as selected customer to give good service ???

• SRC Member

Selected customers? i think so.. But even selected rich customer also got victimised by him..

Those friends of mine who are building tanks more than 8ft long. He collected deposit and no news from him after few months. Its either do abit here and there left your tank uncomplete and when he feels like coming he come and do, if not he couldnt be bother. My friends are extremely angry. Not sure what is he up to? Those LFS or shops that collaborate with him will have their name being dragged down.

LFS already on alert.