Unreliable set up service

Vfong

• Sponsor

Hi Vfong,

no worries about your corals as it is still at my customer's place. He is overseas in China coming back soon.

No keys cannot take the corals.

Sorry for not being able to reply you but got personal stuffs to settle.

All in all, its my mistake on my side & I apologise to you sincerely.

Pls email or pm me to arrrange for details.

My hp having some problems too.

Philip

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sponsor

Hi Stanley,

I think I have communicated enough with you. I do not make that cut you mention. My carpenter arrange his friend down to tear down the tank, I was quoted much higher than $400 by my carpenter.

Before doing the job, I have asked you a few times & given you the costing as I am not sure about the market rate. I stated to you that I had never provide such service before.

In your case, I am playing a middle man. I do not know the actual pricing after the guy reveal to me on the day of work too.

Philip

• Sponsor

Need to clarify that I do not selected customers.

I did not reply as I could not take on the job.

As I have limited manpower, I can only service a certain number of customers at 1 time. That might be the reason why some felt that I am being selective.

I will not turn down any business opportunities if its within my means.

In business, one will surely experience problems.

I might not be able to handle it properly this round but I will surely learn from my mistakes.

Pls email to phil@geo-aquatic.com for any feedbacks or enquiries.

I will take all the feedbacks & surely make neccessary improvements on my side.

Philip

Thanks for all the clarifications. To improve in your customer service, i think you mentioned that you did not reply because you could note take on the job. I think this can definitely be improved by replying that your hands are tied and turn down the business. By not replying, i think it is rather .........

Certainly hope you can live up to your past reputation and provide good customer services. May your business prospers.

Good Day to all.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Sponsor

Hi Solo77,

Thanks for the the encouragement and advise.

Greatly appreciated!

Philip

Thanks for all the clarifications. To improve in your customer service, i think you mentioned that you did not reply because you could note take on the job. I think this can definitely be improved by replying that your hands are tied and turn down the business. By not replying, i think it is rather .........

Certainly hope you can live up to your past reputation and provide good customer services. May your business prospers.

Good Day to all.

Last yr,My friend pm and sms him but it took him a long long...... long time to reply.

End up my friend got another tankmaker.. Now someone mentioned it here.. I am not suprised.

One bitten twice shy..

Anyway I hope he can improve his service better... :)

Think damages will be there, though clarification has been made but judgement will only be made by individual. Certainly hope improvement can be made as there arent many good tank makers alot. Nevertheless, ppl should be given a chance to improve. Certainly hope he can improve his service and shine again with ppl claiming to be GA tank club.....

: )

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Think damages will be there, though clarification has been made but judgement will only be made by individual. Certainly hope improvement can be made as there arent many good tank makers alot. Nevertheless, ppl should be given a chance to improve. Certainly hope he can improve his service and shine again with ppl claiming to be GA tank club.....

: )

What he lost is a potential customer..

There is alot of good and reliable tankmakers if you make an effort to search

So young chap pls buck up your service..

All the best in your business.. :lol:

Hi Solo77,

Thanks for the the encouragement and advise.

Greatly appreciated!

Philip

Hi Mr Goh,

U appear again, as i did answered some pm to some who messaged me.

I told them that u are not out to con, but very bad habit to keep your

customer in suspends, just disappear and appear as u like.

People pay to have a tank set up, not for live suspense movie.

Everything i posted are all i experience nothing added. So how u make

up with your repution is up to u.

• Sponsor
hi bro Philip,

Hope u did not forget about me.... still waiting :thanks:

Hi Bro Philip,

me too . . . . I'm also in the queue. :thanks:

SIGNATURE-Asta120SpirulinaGarlicReefMedi

Join us on Facebook! 

henry'sreefgourmet - your fish, corals and critters will love it!

Goodbye!PO4 - your simple, highly effective and low cost method to phosphate control

354 Clementi Avenue 2
#01-203
Singapore 120354

Tel : 6777 4047
Mobile : 9843 6032

Operating Hours:
Mondays : 3pm - 8pm
Tues - Sat : 12.30pm - 8pm

Sundays : Closed

Closed on the following Public Holidays : New Year, CNY, Labour Day, National Day & Christmas

Trust and faith takes years to build up but just second to destroy everything. Nevertheless, one should be given another chance. Not easy but true sincerity and effort will be paid off one day. Just a matter of time and patience. : )

Algae Scrubbler

Maybe magician can do the job....lol

Algae Scrubbler

hope things will improve for both tank maker, and customer..

imagine u plan all well and get delayed.. super sian!!!!!!!!!!! and stuck! Lol!

IMO, sign contract to safe guard for both party :eyebrow: ....! Full refund with 10% penalty, if tank maker delay or unable to fullfill the initial stated/required day of delivery lor :evil: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
Hi Stanley,

I think I have communicated enough with you. I do not make that cut you mention. My carpenter arrange his friend down to tear down the tank, I was quoted much higher than $400 by my carpenter.

Before doing the job, I have asked you a few times & given you the costing as I am not sure about the market rate. I stated to you that I had never provide such service before.

In your case, I am playing a middle man. I do not know the actual pricing after the guy reveal to me on the day of work too.

Philip

Enough? Hey now is Oct rite? i hope you did not forget your promise whom i think u used to break always. Before doing the job, i said you need to cut the glass and thinking that the job is difficult so we agreed, but then the method of doing the job is different hence the price too. Now you saying you playing middle man, yes i agreed and i expect you to make some not cut throat price and different method of doing the job.

Not to mention i known you for years and introduced you some of my friends. I dont make a single cent and now feel so apologetic whenever i talk to them. Oct already, i still waiting.. You act blur or what?

To be frank, that few hundreds meant nothing to me. But i just dont like being betrayed by a so called friend who i first think is trustworthy person but turn out to be someone else.

In fact there are alot more out there who did not make any posts here and i think you own them an answer. You are lucky as they are quite easy to go with. But i think dont take people kindness for granted. The market is small.

Yup. I agreed with stanley..One of it is my friend, he did not make any post as he currently oversea.

It seem that a lot of ppls still in the queue... :unsure: ...like marinelife henry etc..

• SRC Member
This was the case that happen to me.

From jul where i agree to let the person to take my tank with all term agreed 50% deposited, till this week..............until final is final. This person is so bad that promissed after promissed he didn't delivery. I cancel the agreement and lost some money.

I am now looking for tank plus cabinet maker. care to share anyone reliable?

AM!!! :)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

do check around....some reputable shops that provide tank making services also have unhappy customers and bad experience encountered. Just need to do some research. Some snr reefers here already have the experience...after knowing....got to be careful also. : )

Algae Scrubbler

I hv setup a 6 footer in Dec07, think i paid a slightly higher price premium as compared to other tank maker, but still settle on him due to the good reviews of the tank maker in this forum.

No doubt, his tank quality is good, i hv full confidence in the work. But the carpentry sucks, and not not up to my specs. Sides of the sump area not removable making it difficult for me to do maintenance now. But he did not offer to rectify, blame it on the carpenter instead. Recently, the joints in the GF pipings start to leak 1 by 1. I hv to take them apart and tighten them using the white teflon tape (some part no tape there). This is giving a phobia, as i wonder when will the pipings which i hv not touch will start to leak.

Also encountered slow response when calling during the tank setup phase, numerous excuses for delays in tank setup etc etc.

Overall satisfaction for the $$ spend, not worth it. But then again, full confidence in the glass works.

Above are my personal views when i setup my tank, not to sabotage anyone's business.

• SRC Supporter
do check around....some reputable shops that provide tank making services also have unhappy customers and bad experience encountered. Just need to do some research. Some snr reefers here already have the experience...after knowing....got to be careful also. : )

yeah there is 1 reputated lfs.. did something.. might be erupting soon too!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed