10 gallon nano

eamonn1

Hello guys,

i have a 10 gallon fish tank which i wanted to convert, although i´ve never done saltwater. where should i start? i need a skimmer, live rock, heating and the basic test kits? what do you guys think about filters? can i just use a powerhead filter from my freshwater tank? or do i need something better? or nothing at all? is it good to still use the charcoal inside? wat type of skimmer should i use?

all those questions...

but thanks anyway,

eamonn

bro...thought you posted earlier.....

no need heating lar.....that is one that worries most of us...heat...hehe....unless you stay in a place where got snow.....

skimmer is recommended. Depending on your size to find one suitable and effective one. Live rock is a yes if not nothing to do in the scaping. basic test kit...for a start maybe NO2, pH, SG & PO...the later will be KH, Cal, Mg, NO3, etc. As mentioned, for some skimmer, there is already skimmer and filter, whereas some skimmer, you can inprovise something to filter particles. For your powerhead filter, i think is possible but make sure no much bubble created.....can regular cleaning to ensure it is not a NO generator....light is needed....chorcoal and PO remover media is recommended and depending on your tank size to determine the implementation. Just my 2 cents worth of advice.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler