Seek Fair Judgement Over A More Senior Member

kendrick_86

Hello everyone,

My objectives of my this post are as follows:

1) To let Ancelot (the person who i dealt with) feel ashamed and guilty for his dishonesty and deliberate purpose to cheat

2) To warn fellow reefers against dealing with dishonest people who lacked pride, as such (-----> Ancelot)

3) To exercise fair judgement for myself

4) To get your feedback on definition of "Lightset"

I am a second year student in NUS, pursuing a Degree in Mech Engineering. As you all know, i only receive allowance from my parents, which is also not alot as i don't come from a wealthy family. I own a small 2 feet fresh water planted tank which i keep CRS and sakura shrimps in it. Recently, i realised two light tube of my T5 lightset broke down, and i had to look for a replacement. I found this post online.

WTS Hopar 2FT T5 High Output Lightset, 4 tubes; in working condition

Ancelot Nov 16 2008, 11:58 PM

hello all,

I am selling the above lightset at 60 bucks with 4 new working tubes. Usual price is 96 bucks.

Lightset is good as new, usage has only been 1 month.

I will gladly appreciate if you can come by and collect yourself.

Otherwise, please stay somewhere near me so that I can send to you. (:

Reservation will be perceived as on reputation basis.

No bargains however, as this is pretty new. See for yourself.

Pics will be uploaded shortly. Anything, just PM me (:

Hence, i was interested and contacted Ancelot

We dealed on 21st November evening. Ancelot delivered the lightset to me and i paid 50 bucks for it. As i thought i could trust Ancelot, i didn't check the lighset until when i reach home. I removed the lightset from the box and realised the badly burnt acrylic cover of the light. It melted and deformed. Immediately, i messaged Ancelot.

I sms him asking about the defect, but he just replied and said "that's why it's so cheap". I feel really cheated but as it was during my exam week, i had no time to argue and question him. Hence, i only posted this in his post.

kendrick_86

Nov 21 2008, 09:01 PM

Bro, i'm the one who bought your light. I went through your post over and over again and all i can see is only you claiming that your light is in brand new condition. Bro, you should have been FRANK in informing whoever interested that your light has DEFECT. I know you are selling cheap because of the badly burnt and irregular shape of the acrylic cover, which right now can't even be secured properly, but you didn't tell me anything before hand. It was only when i discovered it myself that your cover is touching the t5 light tube, causing it to melt and deform then you conveniently say that's the reason it so cheap.

I feel that this is not very honest and shows the integrity and values that you have.

Overall, very bad deal. I feel very disgusted and disappointed. In future, please ensure you state clearly the condition of your item for sale and not just say it's in brand new condition.

A few days later, after my exam finally ended, i still didn't receive a reply and explanation from him. Hence, i sent Ancelot a message online, asking him to get back to me, as follows.

kendrick_86

Dec 4 2008, 10:16 PM

bro ancelot, did u receive my feedback? have you nothing to say?

A few days later, there was still no news from him. I have a feeling he's avoiding me, hence i went to check on his account. It showed,

Topic: Vlamingi_cont's 2nd tank

Ancelot Posted on: Nov 26 2008, 05:47 PM

You sure have a serious trouble with nutrients!

This concrete evidence showed he was online within the interval which i send two messages to him, which i assume he saw my messages, but deliberately chose to ignore it.

Ancelot must have thought that i would just let it go and forget about it. But he was wrong. I went to look for his hp number and sms him on 7 Dec. Contents as follows:

Is this ancelot

Yah you are?

Kendrick. Bought the light from you. U know I’ve been trying to contact you

Sorry no.

Please log in to check your that post. Very dissatisfied with your sales. Please be more responsible. Left some remarks and demand explanation.

What are you dissatisfied about?

I read your post over n over again. You mention brand new condition. I don’t think your that transparent plastic cover is considered brand new condition

Boy, brand new is referring to the lightest and tubes. Are they working may I ask, despite the plastic cover? Smile face

Thanks for your respond, I will correspond with the moderator.

Okay, smile face

I must admit, i was really pissed by his sacarsm. He manipulated with words and displayed arrogance. I felt this challenged and wanted to seek fair judgement for myself.

I contacted Bro Archilles and he suggested i post it here, only state the truth he added. All these are the truth.

I have pointed out several important points.

1) He failed to comply with the rules and regulation of marketplace. 2. Your description of the item must be complete and accurate. Items that are defective, even if only minor/cosmetic must be mentioned so that prospective buyers can take this into consideration. Normal wear and tear on a second hand item is to be expected, but it is better to state a defect at the time of sale.

2) He deliberately ignored my messages despite when he appeared online and had the time to post reply on other post.

3) He tried to manipulate with his words (lightset), giving me the idea that the acrylic cover is not part of the lightset.

4) When i questioned him, he did not feel regretful at all, challenged me to inform the moderator, but still exercised sacarsm calling me 'boy', implying i don't know what. For all of your information. To defend myself against that statement, i am an officer of SAF, i was also awarded the Sword of Merit during my cadet days. I am not arrogant. But presenting myself to the neutral body regarding my reputation and reliability of my words.

I know that as member number 550, Ancelot is more senior to me. However, his acts really is disgraceful, being sought after as a elder brother. Under the rules and regulation of market place, Bro Tanzy did mention this "If a seller repeatedly lists items that violate the policies described above, that seller is subject to suspension from selling or buying items through the forums".Hence, i hope after taking time into stating down all the facts, all brothers will exercise fairness, equality and put some order back in the marketplace.

Frankly, personally i also feel this is too time consuming and childish. But i spend time considering all factors and despite anything else, this is the best way to resolve the problem. All brothers feel free to voice down anything. I will leave the decision to the moderator.

Best Regards,

Kendrick

• SRC Member
Hello everyone,

My objectives of my this post are as follows:

1) To let Ancelot (the person who i dealt with) feel ashamed and guilty for his dishonesty and deliberate purpose to cheat

2) To warn fellow reefers against dealing with dishonest people who lacked pride, as such (-----> Ancelot)

3) To exercise fair judgement for myself

4) To get your feedback on definition of "Lightset"

I am a second year student in NUS, pursuing a Degree in Mech Engineering. As you all know, i only receive allowance from my parents, which is also not alot as i don't come from a wealthy family. I own a small 2 feet fresh water planted tank which i keep CRS and sakura shrimps in it. Recently, i realised two light tube of my T5 lightset broke down, and i had to look for a replacement. I found this post online.

WTS Hopar 2FT T5 High Output Lightset, 4 tubes; in working condition

Ancelot Nov 16 2008, 11:58 PM

hello all,

I am selling the above lightset at 60 bucks with 4 new working tubes. Usual price is 96 bucks.

Lightset is good as new, usage has only been 1 month.

I will gladly appreciate if you can come by and collect yourself.

Otherwise, please stay somewhere near me so that I can send to you. (:

Reservation will be perceived as on reputation basis.

No bargains however, as this is pretty new. See for yourself.

Pics will be uploaded shortly. Anything, just PM me (:

Hence, i was interested and contacted Ancelot

We dealed on 21st November evening. Ancelot delivered the lightset to me and i paid 50 bucks for it. As i thought i could trust Ancelot, i didn't check the lighset until when i reach home. I removed the lightset from the box and realised the badly burnt acrylic cover of the light. It melted and deformed. Immediately, i messaged Ancelot.

I sms him asking about the defect, but he just replied and said "that's why it's so cheap". I feel really cheated but as it was during my exam week, i had no time to argue and question him. Hence, i only posted this in his post.

kendrick_86

Nov 21 2008, 09:01 PM

Bro, i'm the one who bought your light. I went through your post over and over again and all i can see is only you claiming that your light is in brand new condition. Bro, you should have been FRANK in informing whoever interested that your light has DEFECT. I know you are selling cheap because of the badly burnt and irregular shape of the acrylic cover, which right now can't even be secured properly, but you didn't tell me anything before hand. It was only when i discovered it myself that your cover is touching the t5 light tube, causing it to melt and deform then you conveniently say that's the reason it so cheap.

I feel that this is not very honest and shows the integrity and values that you have.

Overall, very bad deal. I feel very disgusted and disappointed. In future, please ensure you state clearly the condition of your item for sale and not just say it's in brand new condition.

A few days later, after my exam finally ended, i still didn't receive a reply and explanation from him. Hence, i sent Ancelot a message online, asking him to get back to me, as follows.

kendrick_86

Dec 4 2008, 10:16 PM

bro ancelot, did u receive my feedback? have you nothing to say?

A few days later, there was still no news from him. I have a feeling he's avoiding me, hence i went to check on his account. It showed,

Topic: Vlamingi_cont's 2nd tank

Ancelot Posted on: Nov 26 2008, 05:47 PM

You sure have a serious trouble with nutrients!

This concrete evidence showed he was online within the interval which i send two messages to him, which i assume he saw my messages, but deliberately chose to ignore it.

Ancelot must have thought that i would just let it go and forget about it. But he was wrong. I went to look for his hp number and sms him on 7 Dec. Contents as follows:

Is this ancelot

Yah you are?

Kendrick. Bought the light from you. U know I’ve been trying to contact you

Sorry no.

Please log in to check your that post. Very dissatisfied with your sales. Please be more responsible. Left some remarks and demand explanation.

What are you dissatisfied about?

I read your post over n over again. You mention brand new condition. I don’t think your that transparent plastic cover is considered brand new condition

Boy, brand new is referring to the lightest and tubes. Are they working may I ask, despite the plastic cover? Smile face

Thanks for your respond, I will correspond with the moderator.

Okay, smile face

I must admit, i was really pissed by his sacarsm. He manipulated with words and displayed arrogance. I felt this challenged and wanted to seek fair judgement for myself.

I contacted Bro Archilles and he suggested i post it here, only state the truth he added. All these are the truth.

I have pointed out several important points.

1) He failed to comply with the rules and regulation of marketplace. 2. Your description of the item must be complete and accurate. Items that are defective, even if only minor/cosmetic must be mentioned so that prospective buyers can take this into consideration. Normal wear and tear on a second hand item is to be expected, but it is better to state a defect at the time of sale.

2) He deliberately ignored my messages despite when he appeared online and had the time to post reply on other post.

3) He tried to manipulate with his words (lightset), giving me the idea that the acrylic cover is not part of the lightset.

4) When i questioned him, he did not feel regretful at all, challenged me to inform the moderator, but still exercised sacarsm calling me 'boy', implying i don't know what. For all of your information. To defend myself against that statement, i am an officer of SAF, i was also awarded the Sword of Merit during my cadet days. I am not arrogant. But presenting myself to the neutral body regarding my reputation and reliability of my words.

I know that as member number 550, Ancelot is more senior to me. However, his acts really is disgraceful, being sought after as a elder brother. Under the rules and regulation of market place, Bro Tanzy did mention this "If a seller repeatedly lists items that violate the policies described above, that seller is subject to suspension from selling or buying items through the forums".Hence, i hope after taking time into stating down all the facts, all brothers will exercise fairness, equality and put some order back in the marketplace.

Frankly, personally i also feel this is too time consuming and childish. But i spend time considering all factors and despite anything else, this is the best way to resolve the problem. All brothers feel free to voice down anything. I will leave the decision to the moderator.

Best Regards,

Kendrick

Is he a skinny young chap wearing glasses with hp no ending with 1283?

• SRC Member

fyi he just posted in the other forum asking to buy wavemaker

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

fyi he just posted in the other forum asking to buy wavemaker

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

98571283 skinny chinese guy wearing specs. That's him. That's the person who lacked integrity, pride and every other basic belief and values of a decent human being. Please warn buyers in other forum about this guy. Just direct them to this post. I believe with concrete evidence, they will trust me.

And to ancelot. If you think i misinterpreted you, misunderstand your "kind" intentions, i'm waiting for you here. Come explain and stand up for yourself. Otherwise, i will just see you as no up. I believe in retribution, you will be punished one day. I really hope by now you feel regretful. Just apologize and i will let it go.

hey bro.lucky u state the number here...98571283

i just receive a call which has exactly similar to the number to be stated..

his nick has been change to MarcroVan..do beware

...he pm me abt the wavemaker..stating that his friend had a spare part to replace...he ask me hand over the wavemaker 1st to his friend..and if everything goes rite...he will make the purhcase throught transfer of account...

luckly i disagree and there was no deal...

beware reefers...if any1 ask u to hand things over and later pay ...u knw wads gonna happen..

just my thoughts...

• SRC Member

Haha so it's really him! Previously reserved a nano tank from me somemore came so late at night to view without even telling me earlier he coming, suddenly received his message say he outside my unit liao. i bo bian lan lan hv to entertain him lor. no deposit given oso but i trusted him. Tried calling and messaging him when time for collection but MIA liao. After some time still got the cheek to message me and blame me i was too eager to sell away the tank and gave all the sarcastic remarks also. *expletive* this type of people oso have, im not surprised such people are out to find innocent targets again.

• SRC Member

So this came to a conclusion that we must be CAREFUL when buying with members even if u noe that fella well just CHECK the item b4 leaving better be safe than sorry... :peace: Glad my thread has evidence of him being online... :)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

wah, im damnz hengz! nearly ask for his lightset....sorry bro..for your mishaps...

most of the time when dealing with pple, always see stuffs before commiting...for past years in this forums...there tons of greedy & despicable pple who take advantages of this wonderful hobbies....from selling faulty items,reselling, cheating, stealing etc etc. Great that you stand out and warns others,but thats dose not prevent these bastards from doing again.... only we must be careful on others....

go for reliable resellers or threadstarter...if u see his post counts only few OR seldom posts...then advise you better don't deal even its damnz cheapz OR FOC...

there are some mother%^&* who take it pple stuffs and resell it to us at a profit..right or wrong? decide it yourself...

LOOK carefully....and be smart.... :D

Take it as a lesson...and bro, the arcylic can replaced by DIY...no worries...at least it light up! :D

BTW, senior reefers dosent mean....he trustworthy...always trust yourself.... :D

• SRC Member
Who ar... too many already...

Ya lor bro...too many to rem...too...hahaha!

but i see the want who love "jazz" is hanging around with a different names.... :D:P

:D

this guy ancelot gt double nicks as MarcoVan oso...

pls ask all reefers to beware as both nicks are e same person quoted by someone

Bros, actually over the phone, he sounded quite nice. Until yesterday, i still sms him asking him to come here and explain. But seems rather quiet. He didn't reply me at all or neither did he come here. for your information, if i remembered correctly, he drives a white pickup. It belongs to his company in Toa Payoh. The company name is in blue colour. Some three letter english alphabet or something like that. He stays at bukit panjang, behind bukit panjang primary school, one of those double story hdb type. He might also ask to deal at Tao Payoh. Hope this will help u to identify him even when he changed his nick.

So this came to a conclusion that we must be CAREFUL when buying with members even if u noe that fella well just CHECK the item b4 leaving better be safe than sorry... :peace: Glad my thread has evidence of him being online... :)

haha, yes bro vlamingi, you played a part in catching the thief too. thank you and sorry to intrude your thread.

Guys, for your information. I called him again yesterday. But this time he never answer or call me back. So now i can confirm that he indeed have the bad intention to cheat. Since i have pointed him out with full evidence, some bro also shared bad experience of dealing with him, can the moderator please ban and remove him from the forum? As stated under rules and regulation. I think that is the bare minimum you can do to help. Thank you everyone for your valuable feedback and attention.

Regards, Kendrick.

• SRC Member

Alright... Seems like I know this guy too.

Came to my house to get my coral frags. Say no $$ so only took $2 from him cos a couple of dollars wun make much of a diff to me.

Think this is a very bad experience for you. I would screw him if I am U.

Burnt cover? That is outrageous.

Should we have a black list with HP number?

I seen that in some forum.

After reading thru the post, seems like this fella quite hardcore. Dog cannot change eat sh it habit, seems like cheating is in his blood line, he will find way to come back to forum and cheat for a living e.g change nick, change new hp no., use other hp no. etc to cheat fellow reefer again, juz be careful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
hey bro.lucky u state the number here...98571283

i just receive a call which has exactly similar to the number to be stated..

his nick has been change to MarcroVan..do beware

...he pm me abt the wavemaker..stating that his friend had a spare part to replace...he ask me hand over the wavemaker 1st to his friend..and if everything goes rite...he will make the purhcase throught transfer of account...

luckly i disagree and there was no deal...

beware reefers...if any1 ask u to hand things over and later pay ...u knw wads gonna happen..

just my thoughts...

Hmmm... He also was keen to buy a RedSea Controller from me. I did told him the 4th channel was spoilt and lately he backed out but he did suggested that he'll chk with his friend on how to repair and will let me know where to get the spare parts.

• SRC Member

Kendrick 86 > Had you replace the burnt plastic cover yet? Think it can be replace easily. ArtFriend sells acrylic sheet and it's quite easy to cut to size with a plastic cutter. However do not buy those thickness more than 2mm, it'll take you a long time to cut them unless you use a machine cutter.