Mated banggai!!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

I am so happy to announce that after one month, my banggai cardinalfish have produced eggs!! The male stopped eating and his jaw has increased in size. Also, when he opens his mouth for a stretch, i can see the small eggs inside. I dont have a picture because it is very hard to capture, as they hide behind the live rocks most of the time. I just wanna know, is it easy to catch out the babies once the father releases them?

1)Wont the babies swim away when i put the net inside the tank?

2)Wont the parents protect the babies?

3)I'm afraid the babies will be eaten up by my trigger fish. So far, my trigger is small, about 3", and is very docile, never bully anything, but i cannot guarantee after the baby fish arrive

4)I dont have a separate tank to house the babies in, as i was kinda suprised by this myself. I thought my 2 cardinals were males, as they occasionally chase each other. seemed very aggressive, however, they got used to each other and have mated. Proving my assumption of both being males, wrong. Thus, my final question is, is it ok to put the babies in a betta box? Attached to the top of my tank. TY

• Senior Reefer
congrats congrats. :)

Ty, I finally removed my annoying damsel fish tonight... It was harrasing everything in my tank. Even my trigger -.- Now suffering inside a small beta box!. I hope my removal of my damselfish did not cause too much stress to my banggais... Hopefully the eggs are still alright!

www.marinebreeder.org

Many people have posted their attempts with raising Banggai fry. You might want to have a look to get some idea on how to go about raising them. :)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer
www.marinebreeder.org

Many people have posted their attempts with raising Banggai fry. You might want to have a look to get some idea on how to go about raising them. :)

Thank you for the link. Will try my best to keep them alive.... very unexpected this birth, so im not really prepared haha

• Senior Reefer
Are they legally married? Applied for a flat already?

Haha! hmm, they love the little hang over behind the tank. I guess thats their HDB! always hanging out. and when i turn off the lights at night, when all the fishes are asleep, they dart around the tank. a real joy to watch

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member
Haha! hmm, they love the little hang over behind the tank. I guess thats their HDB! always hanging out. and when i turn off the lights at night, when all the fishes are asleep, they dart around the tank. a real joy to watch

Lemon, how are your babies now? start selling yet?

• SRC Member
reeftak. your task now is to catch up with bro lemon postings count. if your fingers is sore after all the typing. find me for some mopiko :)

I wouldnt purposely increase the posting counts. It wont help me to sustain my marine tank, LOL.

I jus like to start my pets from babies. Thats why all my pets are started since babies to grown-ups.

Even when I go LFS, I will choose those smallest babies.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

he is trying to get his 20 posts lah..... lucky Larry did not set 100 posts......lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

congrats ! congrats! any update?

gather posts properly but don't bump up old threads.

instead, participate by posting in new threads, replying queries or TCSS with some of the members here in the proper threads.