Potters Angel

• SRC Member

Hi guys!

I am now keeping a Potters Angel.

I know it is mostly a algae eater and it is always busy pecking at my algae infested rock.

but I am still quite worry that it has been ignoring mysis and cyclopeeze totally. Anyone has experience how to keep this beautiful fish? Any food to recommend?

Thanks! :thanks:

• Senior Reefer
Hi guys!

I am now keeping a Potters Angel.

I know it is mostly a algae eater and it is always busy pecking at my algae infested rock.

but I am still quite worry that it has been ignoring mysis and cyclopeeze totally. Anyone has experience how to keep this beautiful fish? Any food to recommend?

Thanks! :thanks:

It is preferable to buy a fish that is already feeding. Angels and butterflies can be quite hard to food. You can try henry's food. My fishes seem to love them

• SRC Member
yes.. pellet, frozen food and nori sheet

pic on June 2007 (inside introduction box)

pottr.jpg

current pic.. sorry for the blur pic, fish moving so fast

DSC_0730.jpg

Thanks again for your reply! nice healthy fish you got!

Mine should be a female, very yellow with a yellow blue tail.

Just curious how much you bought it back then?

If Potteri starts to consume food in the LFS, that is only a Plus sign. It really depend so much on your existing live stock,and What kind of enviroment you can provide. Even if already feeding potteri, they will also affected by the stock you have such as attack, fish so much bigger causing stress to the fish. Other than that, this can be keep long.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

• Senior Reefer

maybe u can entice it with live brine shrimp first, then slowly wean it into mysis shrimp, and finally pellet. Getting a fish to eat pellet can be quite challenging, but its the highest order of feeding i think.... once a fish eat pellet = eat any food u throw in. Coz pellet is the hardest food to let a fish eat. This is just what i think, correct if im wrong ok? =) Start with some live brine shrimp first... i think that can help alot

• SRC Member

Try feeding it seaweed(those market kind will do..) using feeding clip. Hang the clip using fishing line or something. So far has been working for most of my fish. ( In QT tank only.. where it can recover from transportation / stress).

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

Just fed my fish just now.. hmmm.. my potters angel like decided to change diet.

immediately start chasing and eating my frozen mysis! hope this is a good sign!!!

but still decide to buy the F2 food this weekend as a balanced diet!

Thanks guys for the feedback!

• SRC Member
If Potteri starts to consume food in the LFS, that is only a Plus sign. It really depend so much on your existing live stock,and What kind of enviroment you can provide. Even if already feeding potteri, they will also affected by the stock you have such as attack, fish so much bigger causing stress to the fish. Other than that, this can be keep long.

oh I have only one angel in my tank. The rest are gobies, clown, royal gamma and a flame hawk. :)

oh I have only one angel in my tank. The rest are gobies, clown, royal gamma and a flame hawk. :)

Then it is ok for the potter angel. But is the fish eat in the first place at the LFS you got it from? How active and lively was it? Lot of advice can be given to you, but if your potter in the first place aren't doing well at the LFS, then what live brine shrimp also wont help. If it is eating in the LFS then it should consume food soon unless the water quality in your tank affect it.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

• SRC Member

Actually i kind of accidently found the fish in seemingly "abandoned" tank.

It was hidding in a life rock with a big nasty wound on the head. but her behaviour is very active and curious. except for the wound, quite a healthy speciem.

Can say it is love at 1st sight or FATE so decided to buy it home. hope the wound will recover soon :)

• Senior Reefer
Actually i kind of accidently found the fish in seemingly "abandoned" tank.

It was hidding in a life rock with a big nasty wound on the head. but her behaviour is very active and curious. except for the wound, quite a healthy speciem.

Can say it is love at 1st sight or FATE so decided to buy it home. hope the wound will recover soon :)

haha. genrally, try to avoid specimens with injuries. Even though they seem very healthy, they might get stressed in ur tank and might get an infection. But if urs is ok, then thumbs up bro! =)