white spot on my beloved zoos!

pauline

Seem like you have a serious problem here....If I were you,, I will do this way.

1. Take out all affected zoas, left those not affected one in your main tank

2. Change 20 to 30% of water

3. Hard work : Frag those not affected zoas and put back to main tank

4. try out the Furan2 and best is not return straight away after treatment...

5. Your spare tank will be usefull to quarantine.. if you need tank, PM me.

Thats all I can advice and good luck... :rolleyes:

actually thought of that way too but too bad, i still haven master the skill of fragging.... :(.... haiz, maybe will learn this as a experience

:thanks: anyway

Sorry to disturb. I just check with terry this morning about furan2. And he mention that if your fishes got white spot, it help too. And so it's ok to add in to your main tank. Since it's going to kill all the good and bad bacteria in your tank. But u got to prepare to change your water every two to three days.

Anw, do share with us the result pauline. :) cheers and good luck to your zoas.

oic.....but i still wash it with my tank water when i put it back.... in fact i already do a 20% water change liao..... i will share the good news once my zoo recover, always look on the bright side... haha :thanks:

did my red eagle eye zoos also kena the zoa pox? If so, i can spare u another frag :) also can give u a green eagle eye frag too. juts want to help u battle this trying period (: but make sure all zoa pox dissapear first then i giv u some zoa frags. wait no point, giv liao then infected again (: my red and green eagle eye zoas are growing quite well, so can spare u some frags

hi lemon bro, ya the eagle eye also kana.. so sad, b4 that it's already growing as i told u earlier... i already can c new polyps coming out liao but..... <_< ... glad to hear your zoo r growing, thank alot 4 your offer.... i will to clear the pox first b4 getting any frag from u, i also dont want to kill innocent life...haha.... anyway :thanks:

i guess dosing the tank with vitamins helps alot.

last time i feed with ML food often, no such problem.

however, the last tank b4 i decomm never feed so often. onli feed pellets then got zoapox.

oh ok, so wat tpye of vitamin or food u can recommand?? cos now i using aquarpharm 5in1 to feed my coral n ocean nutrition formula pellet to feed my fishes...

i tink u wait she qurantine finish le then u pass her e frag..

did u happen to read e last part of e link?

try it at ur own risk..

zoa pox happen irregardless of light flow or age of zoas in ur tank...

its best to enforce nutrients to the zoas to prevent rather than to disinfect in e end..

so wat can i do to prevent zoopox??

:thanks:

• Moderators

Pauline, how big is your tank?

If possible, I will suggest you get yourself a couple of small yellow wrasses. Maybe 2 or 3. Choose those young ones which is about 1inch+ size.

They help in clearing most of the parasites in your tank. I used them personally and with good result.

Be careful not to get the yellow candy hogfish instead which is less hardworking. They look quite smiliar.

IMO, they are better wrasses to have compare to 6 lines which can get really aggressive once they are stablized in the tank.

Here is 2 link with first one showing a pic of the yellow wrasse and 2nd one candy hog.

http://www.freshmarine.com/golden-coris-wrasse.html

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/hogfish/candyhogwrasse/

Tom

• Senior Reefer

how come everybody's yellow wrasse so hardworking? i have heard good things about yellow wrasse. i bought mine to eat all the pests and crabs and what not, but till this day have not seen it do anything! any trick to it? i bought my yellow wrasse quite big. about 3"....isit the bigger they are the less hardworking they are? mine now just wait for food and swim everyday... sometimes will stir up the sand to look for things to eat. but never see it kill and eat any pests and crabs

Pauline, how big is your tank?

If possible, I will suggest you get yourself a couple of small yellow wrasses. Maybe 2 or 3. Choose those young ones which is about 1inch+ size.

They help in clearing most of the parasites in your tank. I used them personally and with good result.

Be careful not to get the yellow candy hogfish instead which is less hardworking. They look quite smiliar.

IMO, they are better wrasses to have compare to 6 lines which can get really aggressive once they are stablized in the tank.

Here is 2 link with first one showing a pic of the yellow wrasse and 2nd one candy hog.

http://www.freshmarine.com/golden-coris-wrasse.html

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/hogfish/candyhogwrasse/

my tank is 1.5-1-1... they really look alike, is the yellow wrasse like to hide inside the sand bed when light off?? where can i get it??

• Moderators
my tank is 1.5-1-1... they really look alike, is the yellow wrasse like to hide inside the sand bed when light off?? where can i get it??

Yup. a sand bed is preferred. Try Ah Beng, usually he had lots to choose from all sizes.

You should see be able to see 2 tanks beside each other which houses most of the different wrasses at the back row.

Tom