Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

• SRC Member
put more corals! haha. GSP would be nice (:

Hahaha you know, I can be surprisingly patient and can show restraint when stocking my tank. I am not in a hurry to fill up with corals yet, will leave my tank as it is while I fix some problems. The only thing I'm thinking of getting is a bright green bubble to replace my pink one, my gf doesn't like it very much haha.

erm..

eh bro u seem to hv a same one as e one i pass u leh e pink zoas..

try taking e indo zoas under actinic.. lolx..

The pink zoas I have (left side) not the same as the ones you pass me leh (right side). Those have a perfect round face that is greyish blue, the ones you thought were ked reds, while your metallic pink zoas have an irregular pattern face.

Currently this tank cannot on white/blue lights individually, will do so after I mod my lights :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Hahaha you know, I can be surprisingly patient and can show restraint when stocking my tank. I am not in a hurry to fill up with corals yet, will leave my tank as it is while I fix some problems. The only thing I'm thinking of getting is a bright green bubble to replace my pink one, my gf doesn't like it very much haha.

The pink zoas I have (left side) not the same as the ones you pass me leh (right side). Those have a perfect round face that is greyish blue, the ones you thought were ked reds, while your metallic pink zoas have an irregular pattern face.

Currently this tank cannot on white/blue lights individually, will do so after I mod my lights :P

haha ya those ppl with GF and CO hav to please them and urself. very hard. good thing my mom couldnt care less XD

i want a pink bubble lol. i like bubbles....

• SRC Member
the bubble in ur last pic looks like my fox coral lol. fox corals are delicious too

Haha it has just finished eating. Fed prawn meat to all 3 mouths.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

"For the last time, I'm saying this. Go awayyyyyyyy!!!"

post-15730-1238569214.jpg

Pompom crab molting, caught in the act:

post-15730-1238569261.jpg

"I shall fake my death by leaving this here, hitch hike my way outta this tank and assume a new identity. Muahahahahaha!"

post-15730-1238569339.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
"For the last time, I'm saying this. Go awayyyyyyyy!!!"

post-15730-1238569214.jpg

Pompom crab molting, caught in the act:

post-15730-1238569261.jpg

"I shall fake my death by leaving this here, hitch hike my way outta this tank and assume a new identity. Muahahahahaha!"

post-15730-1238569339.jpg

LIKE THIS ALSO U CAN MAKE JOKE!! LOOOL that identity thing was witty and funny.

very nice to see a crab moult outside the rock! usually they hide away to do their thing.

• SRC Member

Yah, they always molt, often minutes after I change water. I think the trace elements introduced by NSW stimulates molting. As for "changing clothes" outside the rocks... I don't know leh, very puzzled also. Maybe a nano tank environment makes them feel safer cos of the small size, they know for sure that there's no predators?

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Yah, they always molt, often minutes after I change water. I think the trace elements introduced by NSW stimulates molting. As for "changing clothes" outside the rocks... I don't know leh, very puzzled also. Maybe a nano tank environment makes them feel safer cos of the small size, they know for sure that there's no predators?

u are right! everytime i change water my shrimps all start moulting soon after. i think the iodine surge or whatever will stimulate it haha

• SRC Member
Can..... The red/orange skirt one you want? I've got some loose frags that drop off, 7-9 polyps stuck together.

Anyway yah I was also busy playing with the tank last sat too, chiller went kaboom, was redoing the hose and replacing the pump after repair.

post-15730-1238408356.jpg

No lah, where got money to buy D3 haha. Thanks for the compliments anyway. Using D700 only.. :paiseh:

All the stuffs vri nice... Using ne skimmer?? And D700 good enuff liao... u dun wan gimme lorh :pinch: ...LOL :lol:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Nope, skimmer-less, 25% water change every 4 days. Will invest in a Tunze 9002 if I can't maintain the water parameters with water change alone. Haha D700 is my darling, who say I don't want, more precious than my nanocube leh.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

hey bino!

i also just realised i've not posted at your thread, even though i've read it.

Nice pix with very drama-like commentary leh.

ur tank is way too clean dude! haha... very neat and tidy. And i'm very impressed with your supreme self-control when it comes to stocking!!!

i think you should exchange ur pink bubble for a bright green cat eye bubble! and yes, GSP, as suggested by lemon would really be very very nice

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Thanks for the kind words :)

I'm sure we are all guilty of making mock documentary style commentary on our tanks from time to time, especially to our long suffering spouse/gf/family who may not share the same passion or sense of humour.... All I'm doing is posting it on a forum where at least more people will find it funny or relevant :P

As for the cat eye bubble, that is exactly the one I want to get, I didn't know it had a name. I just call it the green, bright, lumi bubble LOL!

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Thanks for the kind words :)

I'm sure we are all guilty of making mock documentary style commentary on our tanks from time to time, especially to our long suffering spouse/gf/family who may not share the same passion or sense of humour.... All I'm doing is posting it on a forum where at least more people will find it funny or relevant :P

As for the cat eye bubble, that is exactly the one I want to get, I didn't know it had a name. I just call it the green, bright, lumi bubble LOL!

i recently managed to find one that's good enough size, but price quite high. But no choice lah, i give in to temptation easily.

how abt some mushies to colour up ur tank??

they're very easy to maintain and they propagate well.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Mushies are nice and easy maintainence, but with a limited tank space, it will be a waste if I fill it up with mushrooms then change my mind and start keeping lps or other funny stuff haha. I intend to start keeping rics and yumas instead, prefer the shape and nicer colours :yeah:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Mushies are nice and easy maintainence, but with a limited tank space, it will be a waste if I fill it up with mushrooms then change my mind and start keeping lps or other funny stuff haha. I intend to start keeping rics and yumas instead, prefer the shape and nicer colours :yeah:

wah! nice... rics and yumas... all ex stuff wor!

Hmm... which reminds me... i dun have a single ric in my tank!!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
wah! nice... rics and yumas... all ex stuff wor!

Yah expensive stuff, that's why must stock patiently so I won't feel the pinch! ^_^

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
what is the lighting brand u using and the red with red skirt/rim keds lookalike hw far u placing below e bulb?

last time u place it at sandbed rite

by right e colour suppose to go up nt down lehz..

It's about 3 or 4 inches from light. The lighting is PL tubes I think, stock from JBJ, 2 blue, 2 white tubes, 72 watts in total. You're right, it should colour up instead of down. In fact the stems shortened a lot ever since I put it higher up, but I just can't get the colour to improve. Dosing vit c for 3 days liao, the colours of your metallic pink has become 20% more intense, so I guess it's a good sign :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

It's about 3 or 4 inches from light. The lighting is PL tubes I think, stock from JBJ, 2 blue, 2 white tubes, 72 watts in total. You're right, it should colour up instead of down. In fact the stems shortened a lot ever since I put it higher up, but I just can't get the colour to improve. Dosing vit c for 3 days liao, the colours of your metallic pink has become 20% more intense, so I guess it's a good sign :)

hw abt the lighting hrs?

i tink u shld increase it lehz..

cus normally pple use at least 4 tubes for 2 ft and is t5

24W x 4 = 96W exceed your one by one bulb in exact..

e light lumers also nt there for PL.. but it does mean tht ur original colour of zoas is affected it might just b the lighting only..

is temp a prob hw come u dun buy t5 ? i c alot of pple selling nowadays...

• SRC Member

Waiting to mod LED, so I'm leaving the original lights alone first mah... Will increase the lighting hours, currently 8 hours, will on it for 12 hours now. :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
seems like u reserved the tunze 9002~ gd choice.

Oops, were you eyeing that piece in pasar malam too? Paiseh, paiseh :P

Quite back breaking lah, cos I use natural seawater for water change, every week buy around 35 litres of water :sick:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey