Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

• SRC Member

thinking of getting an IQ3 for my office too.... hmmmm......

It is incredibly small! About 8L. Will be hard to maintain water parameters, and there's no space to put a skimmer unless you hang it on the side.

Size compared to SBO water bottle:

post-15730-12710428310686_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

bro seems like it was a pretty bad day, but dun worry, from the looks of your RBTA, it seems lke it will recover just fine.. if i predict correctly, it might actually split into 2 for u.. since u mention it has vertical laceration.. and due to stress factors there is a high chance it will split.. thats looking on the bright side.. :)

take care of ur back man! btw is this the lowiron 1.5ft tank on 3 sides?

• SRC Member

bro seems like it was a pretty bad day, but dun worry, from the looks of your RBTA, it seems lke it will recover just fine.. if i predict correctly, it might actually split into 2 for u.. since u mention it has vertical laceration.. and due to stress factors there is a high chance it will split.. thats looking on the bright side.. :)

take care of ur back man! btw is this the lowiron 1.5ft tank on 3 sides?

Yup, the anemone was split at the foot, there's a hole you can poke through and come out of the mouth hahaha. I kept it with hopes that it would split too haha :D

lol obviously nvr read ... lol

Huh who never read?

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

There's always sunshine after a storm. smile.gif

That was a cute clown... Perils of any uncovered tank.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Thanks for the concern everyone! Unfortunately, by the time I found the clownfish it looks like that:

post-15730-12710423379281_thumb.jpg

The RBTA was attached to 2 rocks, and one of them fell off, tearing a big hole through the foot. I almost threw it away cos it looks like it is going to start spewing its guts into the main tank, but I decided to put it in my new toy and let it recover for now :upsidedown:

post-15730-12710424487671_thumb.jpg

Bro, coral dip doesn't remove nudi eggs, that's why other reefers recommend dipping infected zoas more than once, a few weeks apart. Anyway the eggs are quite visible in the tank, you can remove them with tweezers.

oh, how do these eggs look like ? and where normally attached on the glass ?

sorry bout your clown bro ...

that's a cute tank !

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

oh, how do these eggs look like ? and where normally attached on the glass ?

sorry bout your clown bro ...

that's a cute tank !

Nudi Eggs

They are normally found around the infected zoa polyps.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

hmmm ... looking like grains of sand stuck to each other ?

Yup, white dots joined together in a gel like substance.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Lemon, here's what my pom pom crab did to your hammer hahaha, he is now waving a green pom pom:

post-15730-12710552105631_thumb.jpg post-15730-12710552076164_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Hahaha yah for now, he is walking around with a hammer threatening everybody. It must be because of the mystery wrasse bullying it, desperate measure lol.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Lol... very interesting "host"!

On a side note, I'm actually looking for a non-reef-natural item to add to the tank after I've seen this:

Bro, not sure if you are into greek mythology, but small resin statues of gods and goddesses can be found fairly easily. Can create an Atlantis inspired scape with ruins and aged statues lying around :eyebrow:

Feel free to hit me up for ideas, this is something I used to think about doing for a reef tank. My other hobby is scale model making :P

Bro, do take care of your back! Nano tanks can be very mis-leading... looks small, but super heavy. Looking forward to your new tank pics! :eyebrow:

Yah man! You wouldn't imagine how creative I can get with swear words until you see me carrying half a tank of water and sand, wondering what the hell I was thinking lol.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Bro, not sure if you are into greek mythology, but small resin statues of gods and goddesses can be found fairly easily. Can create an Atlantis inspired scape with ruins and aged statues lying around :eyebrow:

Feel free to hit me up for ideas, this is something I used to think about doing for a reef tank. My other hobby is scale model making :P

Yah man! You wouldn't imagine how creative I can get with swear words until you see me carrying half a tank of water and sand, wondering what the hell I was thinking lol.

greek mythology.. i'm a fan.. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Ah... is the resin you speak of reef safe? Frag plug material seems good, but I'm not sure if there's any place that sells this.

I just watched Clash of the Titans. It was simple for me, and not too draggy, so I kinda enjoyed it.

• SRC Member

greek mythology.. i'm a fan.. :eyebrow:

Yah me too.. I guess my childhood fascination was reignited when after watching Battlestar Galactica for the past few weeks, on top of the Clash of the Titans marketing lol.

Ah... is the resin you speak of reef safe? Frag plug material seems good, but I'm not sure if there's any place that sells this.

I just watched Clash of the Titans. It was simple for me, and not too draggy, so I kinda enjoyed it.

Yah so that's where the Greek idea floated from, I forgot the movie is released! My gf wouldn't watch this kind of movies with me, so I stop keeping track of blockbusters for a long time already.. Heard some school kids talking about Medusa on the train today, no wonder...

Cured polyurethane resin is rock hard and plastic like, I doubt it will leach anything into the water if it is unpainted cos the material is inert. Statues made from frag plug looking material like the Easter Island head in your pic is probably cast from plaster. The best would be cement or clay based statues, those are mostly organic.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

my favourite show so far is Troy.. from "The Iliad" by Homer.. :eyebrow: nice, i wanna watch clash of the titans because it looked pretty good, but my gf not in singapore so no one to watch with me haha.. sadded..

anyway off-topic a while, i was thinking of making frag plugs DIY using common cement or clay.. shouldnt have any problems right?

• SRC Member

my favourite show so far is Troy.. from "The Iliad" by Homer.. :eyebrow: nice, i wanna watch clash of the titans because it looked pretty good, but my gf not in singapore so no one to watch with me haha.. sadded..

anyway off-topic a while, i was thinking of making frag plugs DIY using common cement or clay.. shouldnt have any problems right?

Yup, Cedric actually taught me how to make frag discs with cement mix and sand, I was thinking of doing that but will be too much for personal use if I buy a bag of cement mix. Wanna share? :eyebrow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey