LFS Update and Shipments - 04 MAY to 10 MAY 09

Hi bros, does those fish shops at pasir ris eg. ahbeng,irwana etc accept NETS? Or pure cash payments only?

Iwarna accept Cash, net, Visa n Master :eyebrow: but I'm not sure about Ah beng :whistle !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Anyone spotted small sized algae blennies?

small size ones hard to get. I got mine (1.7 inches) at Pacific Marine 2 weeks ago.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

when new shipment comes, you can find small size one but will be gone in no time......hot ...lol. remember seeing one small one at t95 but gone by now...will keep a lookout or ok if i buy and you come and buy from me....wahahaha. got profit margin...wahahaha...but this arrangement always carry risk of fish dying......

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Bro, u r quite Pro leh. AT of course Achilles Tang. Your Atlantic tang not sure are you referring to Atlantic Achilles tang or Atlantic Blue tang.

BTW how is your super ex fishes? Show some picture leh cos dun get a chance to see the fishes. I trust a lot of people waiting for your pic too.

Tks. Cos i din know US shipment will hav AT also, normally tot is hawaii only, so was wondering if u're referring to AAT.

This is a [email=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrAFH7SgNN0]vid i posted some days ago. Tank still undergoing copper treatment so hard to transfer all the fishes in. Anyway no super ex la, super ex ones are coming at end of the month.

• SRC Member
when new shipment comes, you can find small size one but will be gone in no time......hot ...lol. remember seeing one small one at t95 but gone by now...will keep a lookout or ok if i buy and you come and buy from me....wahahaha. got profit margin...wahahaha...but this arrangement always carry risk of fish dying......

Bro, are you referring to my post? If yes, I have no problems buying from you! Do let me know if you spotted any small ones. TIA! :bow:

ok. will hunt for you. just back from farm...think cf got some...er...yr small is how small....lol

Bro, are you referring to my post? If yes, I have no problems buying from you! Do let me know if you spotted any small ones. TIA! :bow:

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

:eyeblur: More GEMs galore !!!

:yeah:CF...has several cute, active & reef-safe nano-sized Female BELLUS Angel aka Genicanthus bellus (1 inch - 2 inch), Rosy Scale Fairy Wrasse aka Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis & hear this !...one & only seldom seen 1-inch size Mustard Guttatus Tang aka Acanthurus guttatus. :heh:;)

Mustard Guttatus Tang Description

The Mustard Guttatus Tang comes in an oval to circular shape with an attractive grayish coloured body. The grey coloured stripe at the front portion of its body adds to its beauty. This is brilliantly complimented with white spots, usually found on the back half. As The Mustard Guttatus Tang grows in course of time, the more prominent stripes and spots of the young fish fades away.

Though The Mustard Guttatus Tang is a very common fish, it’s rarely seen. :fear: This is mainly due to their strange habitat behaviour.Hence not much information is available about this species. They hide under shallow reefs to protect themselves from predators. The Mustard Guttatus Tang is venomous and so not fit for human consumption. Incase of any ingestion of its flesh immediate medication is needed.

The Mustard Guttatus Tang is a very active hardy fish which requires lot of space and water. Like any other member of the Tang family these are great community loving salt water fish. Hence, it is observed that The Mustard Guttatus Tang swims about shoals. But in a small tank owing to their aggressive nature are violent towards not only with other species but also fish of same family and sex .For this reason they are also known as "Fish with a flick-knifeâ€. Since the major reason of dispute is territory space it is always advisable to provide a large aquarium. The Mustard Guttatus Tang should always be kept in quarantine for at least a couple of weeks to protect them against any infection, when introduced in a tank When frightened, strained or attacked by predators these fish extend their sharp blade like spines on their tail outwards. So be careful while handling this fish.

Maximum Size: It can grow up to a maximum size of about 12 inches.

General Size Specifications: A small sized Mustard Guttatus Tang fish usually comes in the size of 1 to 2 inches, medium variety 3 to 4 inches and the larger ones ranging from 5 to 6 inches.

Minimum Tank Size: The Mustard Guttatus Tang usually prefers to have a tank of not less than 100 gallons with lot of space to hide and swim.

Habitat: Range: Mexico Indo-West Pacific: oceanic islands in the western Indian Ocean to the Hawaiian, Marquesan, and Tuamotu Islands, north to the Ryukyu Islands, south to New Caledonia and Rapa

Feeding and Diet: The Mustard Guttatus Tang fish is basically a herbivore and likes to feed on Dried Seaweed (best), marine algae mysid shrimp, Spirulina, Romaine Lettuce (blanched), fresh seaweed, and other meaty treats.

post-2609-1241864672.jpg

post-2609-1241864681.jpg

• Moderators

Zoas spotted at Ah Beng and Irwana.

Mainly the normal eagles eyes and some Green/yellow/red eagle-eyes. Also some pink zoas as well.

These are smiliar to those Irwana brought in previously.

Never ask price so please don't ask me. :paiseh:

Tom

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: Didn't ask cos' moi dreamy eyes fell in luv with the sexy pinky-red Rosy Scale Fairy Wrasse aka Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis. :eyebrow: Shhhh. ;)

bro the way you describe very funny leh. did you grab any of the gems? how much is Mustard Guttatus Tang going for?

Any update from AM katong?

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon