Formula to calculate your Monthly electrical bill ?

• SRC Supporter

Wondering how much energy your aquarium is consuming each month ? This is the Fomula to calculate ;

For eg. Product A has Power Consumption of 10 Watts

Product A Power Consumption : 10 Watts/1000 = 0.01kWh

0.01kWh X No. of hours used per day X No. of days used in a month = (Value)kWh

Amount to be paid per month = (Value)kWh X Tariff rate

Current New tariff rate from SP Services with effective from 01st July is 19.28 cents/KWh

• SRC Member

Good thread, Harlequin Mania!

Next time you buy an equipment, should not only check the price but also check how much electricity it consumes.

I recently realized that my Reef Octopus skimmer works equally well with a 16 W feeder pump than bigger 38W pump i used earlier.

Which means not only was i wasting power but also adding heat to my tank :whistle

So next time i must do better research before buy equipments

• SRC Supporter

Yes.. that's right, looking into the power consumption of the equipment is the key factor when i look for equipment especially in a Hot topical country like in Singapore.

It is better to do some study before setting up, if not you will find yourself facing a high monthly electrical bills which may cause you to give up the hobby especially when electrical fees started to go way high !

Having a good ,reputable and energy effective equipment is thus very important. :)

As always, Cheap is not always Good, and Good is not alays Cheap especially in having a energy effective equipment..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think a lot of us dont know this BUT its important to make sure that all our electrical switches should be turned off when we are not using the appliances as even though its not in use, if the switch is on and the indicator lights are on we are still burning electricity. ESPECIALLY your cable TV boxes. These suck more electricity then your ACs when its not in use but the switch is in the on position. My two cents worth!

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

I think a lot of us dont know this BUT its important to make sure that all our electrical switches should be turned off when we are not using the appliances as even though its not in use, if the switch is on and the indicator lights are on we are still burning electricity. ESPECIALLY your cable TV boxes. These suck more electricity then your ACs when its not in use but the switch is in the on position. My two cents worth!

What about the timmer used for lights?

When the lights are off, will there be consumation of electicity as well?

What about the timmer used for lights?

When the lights are off, will there be consumation of electicity as well?

Of course not.

• 8 months later...

I have been saving on electric consumption recently and also i have been tryong to minimize my use to be able to do my part and save the earth icne there are already a lot of issues on global waring and stuff like that recently. I do hope that i will be able to save up on my electrical usage that is why i also take note of my electrical consumption by being able to compute my monthly bll, this way i can keep track of my expenses as well.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You can use electricity tariff calculator @ below link:

note* new tariff from 1July2013 25.95 cents per kWh. Please add the new rate accordingly..

http://www.gemsurfs.com/calculator.html#tips3

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...