comy's newbie tank

comycus

• Senior Reefer
EXQUISITE WRASSE!!!

lol totally made my night when I saw my exquisite flaring up for 5min... What a beauty! (Pardon my lousy shots.. totally too excited to keep my hand steady while tracking the fish!)

post-16489-1256569459_thumb.jpgpost-16489-1256569473_thumb.jpg

booo hiss!!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

do you have leopard wrasse?

i love the leopard brintz

i wonder got zeBRA brintz fish or not. i love zeBRA brintz, it goes well with jeanzzzz

and it sure make your tank... you know? boomz~~

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
do you have leopard wrasse?

i love the leopard brintz

i wonder got zeBRA brintz fish or not. i love zeBRA brintz, it goes well with jeanzzzz

and it sure make your tank... you know? boomz~~

rofl! man... she's really still the talk of the town. Was chatting with my friends over the weekend. Were wondering... From the way she talks, she couldn't have won due to her brains, and err... she dosen't exactly exude beauty... so what happened to the pageant!!??

HELLO what ex owner never take care!

hahaa jkjk la... the frag was given in v. good condition... more frags pls! ^_^

• SRC Member
EXQUISITE WRASSE!!!

lol totally made my night when I saw my exquisite flaring up for 5min... What a beauty! (Pardon my lousy shots.. totally too excited to keep my hand steady while tracking the fish!)

TRULY EXQUISITE!!!

moi moi can't wait to lay my hands on one of these

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Vanuatu Exquisite !!!

we don't see such nice specimens that often... I must say the colours on my african exquisite is already quite uncommon :)

oops better put tm beside exquisite everytime we use it, otherwise mod will come hunt us down... haaa

• SRC Member
EXQUISITE WRASSE!!!

post-16489-1256569459_thumb.jpgpost-16489-1256569473_thumb.jpg

Beautiful and expensive fish :) Good that u have success with them.

i do not seems to have luck with wrasses. Never been able to keep wrasses alive before. Either MIA or landed on the floor and given up already. haha

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
Beautiful and expensive fish :) Good that u have success with them.

i do not seems to have luck with wrasses. Never been able to keep wrasses alive before. Either MIA or landed on the floor and given up already. haha

eh? Exquisite not tt expensive bro. Was quite surprised that it turned out to be very affordable, compared to other wrasses out there. Hmmm maybe mine are still ok coz I don't have that many aggressive fishes in my tank. My newest addition, blotchy, also chased away when the exquisite started flashing last night.

A v. good tip I learnt here on introducing wrasse is to keep them inside betta box first to get them feeding on pellets. Once you are comfortable, introduce them at night when lights are out to explore their new surroundings. Better chances of reduced aggression between fishes this way.

• SRC Member
eh? Exquisite not tt expensive bro. Was quite surprised that it turned out to be very affordable, compared to other wrasses out there. Hmmm maybe mine are still ok coz I don't have that many aggressive fishes in my tank. My newest addition, blotchy, also chased away when the exquisite started flashing last night.

A v. good tip I learnt here on introducing wrasse is to keep them inside betta box first to get them feeding on pellets. Once you are comfortable, introduce them at night when lights are out to explore their new surroundings. Better chances of reduced aggression between fishes this way.

maybe my tank height plays a part as it might be too shallow. Bought those cheap ones from CF which are less than 1 red notes but none survive even after a few attempt.

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
maybe my tank height plays a part as it might be too shallow. Bought those cheap ones from CF which are less than 1 red notes but none survive even after a few attempt.

hmmm if you really like wrasses, just custom build a netting? I'm sure light penetration will not be affected coz ure tank really quite shallow :D Keep them in betta box longer so they get used to their new surroundings. Could be something in your room tt's spooking them. I've heard of ppl who keep their wrasse inside betta box for up to 2 months, so shouldn't be a problem.

And give us more updates on your lighthouse tank bro! :whistle

hmmm if you really like wrasses, just custom build a netting? I'm sure light penetration will not be affected coz ure tank really quite shallow :D Keep them in betta box longer so they get used to their new surroundings. Could be something in your room tt's spooking them. I've heard of ppl who keep their wrasse inside betta box for up to 2 months, so shouldn't be a problem.

And give us more updates on your lighthouse tank bro! :whistle

so comy, have your built your net/ cover already?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

hehe :paiseh: haven't built... no signs of aggression in my tank so far. Blotchy only chases my lyretails ard... Might not build it at all coz of light penetration issues.

i c . I am going to get mine done this week.

Just a simple acrylic pane to cover the top - going to keep firefish.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
i c . I am going to get mine done this week.

Just a simple acrylic pane to cover the top - going to keep firefish.

I realise firefish are popular with kids especially. Everytime I'm at LFS and there's a kid, he/she will always be pestering their parents to get them.

Jacky, LFS shopping when? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: Are you doing a full cycling of your tank?

• Senior Reefer

you dont need aggression for them to suicide. sometimes they get too excited, flare, and jump. and thus, ikan bilis :)

in my experience, flashers are the jumpers. fairy not so. however that doesnt mean fairys arent good jumpers too.

• SRC Member
you dont need aggression for them to suicide. sometimes they get too excited, flare, and jump. and thus, ikan bilis :)

in my experience, flashers are the jumpers. fairy not so. however that doesnt mean fairys arent good jumpers too.

<_< when the mod think he needs to build a net then I build lor... he got more :eyebrow: in his tank to protect anyway. heh