comy's newbie tank

comycus

haha not yet, I just placed the corals where ever they don't topple on the rocks right now...

Just a teaser on Mt Fuji. Any of you recognise the rock? :eyebrow:

post-16489-1258382237_thumb.jpg

there are actually 2 rocks i the photo. The big one, with a plate like looking rock on top. I got both of them :) fyi, this guy's tank is 2.5ft tall while mine is only 2ft :P And this was in his corner which took up about 1/3+ his width which was 3ft wide. So... like I said... Mount Fuji! With lots of holes to for fishes to hide in and corals to put.

Exciting stuff!

nice piece of rock!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
haha not yet, I just placed the corals where ever they don't topple on the rocks right now...

Just a teaser on Mt Fuji. Any of you recognise the rock? :eyebrow:

post-16489-1258382237_thumb.jpg

there are actually 2 rocks i the photo. The big one, with a plate like looking rock on top. I got both of them :) fyi, this guy's tank is 2.5ft tall while mine is only 2ft :P And this was in his corner which took up about 1/3+ his width which was 3ft wide. So... like I said... Mount Fuji! With lots of holes to for fishes to hide in and corals to put.

Exciting stuff!

Is that one piece of rock or multiple pieces of rock glued together??? So u are saying the one on the left with the big rock is ONE rock???

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

This rock is so amazing... I can choose to put it in any way I like without needing any support, and every position offers a myriad of choices! Can't wait to put it in my tank... Hope the fishes like their house 'upgrade'. Real estate's pretty precious in my 3ft. Hopefully they find their territory w/o much chasing ard.

• SRC Member
Is that one piece of rock or multiple pieces of rock glued together??? So u are saying the one on the left with the big rock is ONE rock???

hahaa yup! ONE BIG ROCK! MOUNT FUJI!

lol shiok rite? they are not glued together... inside the rock also have tunnels and all... friggin amazing.

• SRC Member

Damm...I must find a huge rock that looks like Mt Everest next time...Then that one rock for my 3x2x2 will be enough... :P One rock...50kg... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Haha But one piece will limit scaping... Still need bridge n all tt :)

No wat...One piece 50kg rite? then I use chain saw to cut ridges, bridges lor...Use power drill to drill caves lor...Otherwise just take 50kg of different size live rocks and glue them together to form a Mt Everest... joined to a Mt Fuji by a suspension bridge...:eyebrow:

I think my 3ft tank too small for 2 mountains... :eyeblur: Maybe Chris can do it then I can see the effect... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Peter, must remember to start your tank thread hor.

`We will support you :)

No lah...won't start my tank thread yet... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• Senior Reefer
yupz... tt's the worrying part... I guess I will try to reduce flow and see what happens.

if conditions are not right, complete skeleton bail out is possible. this is very unique for this monotypic genus. cataphyllia. If im not wrong, its the only LPS that can completely pull away from their skeleton and float away, (skeleton-less), and grow a new one elsewhere. in captivity, never nearly do they survive without a skeleton, and this occurance is super rare too. there is one elegance at iwarna that is doing a complete skeleton bail out. 50% there liao. saw it two days ago.

more commonly is they will just start receeding away from the skeleton base and die.

more reasons why this is my favourite LPS haha

• SRC Member
if conditions are not right, complete skeleton bail out is possible. this is very unique for this monotypic genus. cataphyllia. If im not wrong, its the only LPS that can completely pull away from their skeleton and float away, (skeleton-less), and grow a new one elsewhere. in captivity, never nearly do they survive without a skeleton, and this occurance is super rare too. there is one elegance at iwarna that is doing a complete skeleton bail out. 50% there liao. saw it two days ago.

more commonly is they will just start receeding away from the skeleton base and die.

more reasons why this is my favourite LPS haha

did u tell iwarna abt this? haha...wonder wat will they comment

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
NICE!!! where u got this baby from?

Thx to bro nuclearfibre! The tentacles are not at their longest actually. It grows about double the size when lights are out. I should try to snap a shot with my living room lights on to see it in its true beauty :)

I'm looking for pure white rhizo. Anyone has can let go to me? :heh:

• SRC Member

Hmmm...I don't have pure white rhizo leh...Anyway, 2 of my rhizos have some flesh receding liao. Maybe because my goby keeps dumping sand into these 2 rhizos. And it dumps sand into them until filled to the brim...every night :evil:

Now should I sell off these two??? Damm...these are my 2 largest rhizos and when open, the tentacles are really long... :ph34r:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Hmmm...I don't have pure white rhizo leh...Anyway, 2 of my rhizos have some flesh receding liao. Maybe because my goby keeps dumping sand into these 2 rhizos. And it dumps sand into them until filled to the brim...every night :evil:

Now should I sell off these two??? Damm...these are my 2 largest rhizos and when open, the tentacles are really long... :ph34r:

don't sell lah. pass them to me!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

put them higher up? Rhizos don't mind light... Minie's under direct lightings, not affected at all, still opens up during feeding time. In fact, think I've finally trained it to open up the whole day. The tentacles seem to be searching for food all the time.

• SRC Member
don't sell lah. pass them to me!

Cannot lah...cost me more than 2 blue notes when i bought them previously... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
put them higher up? Rhizos don't mind light... Minie's under direct lightings, not affected at all, still opens up during feeding time. In fact, think I've finally trained it to open up the whole day. The tentacles seem to be searching for food all the time.

Got space constraints lah. If I put up will have to shift some of my corals down and they may sting each other to death as they will be placed very close to one another on the sand bed... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: