comy's newbie tank

comycus

• SRC Member

ah hah !! you bought the replica rocks!! btw, if those are indeed replica rocks, actually once you put then in your tank of water, it's best not to move it out anymore.. cause the water in there gets trapped and these types of rocks are good for people like me who do not rescape at all.. once put in , don't take out!!! :P so take note hor.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

nice nice ... so now is time to chiong for ls liau right keke ...

btw how is your PBT doing ? hope is ok now ...

yeah how is your PBT

PBT is flaring and chasing his own image atm. :angry2: Full of white spots... feel so guilty everytime I see him. But hyper active and still feeding as crazy. I hope he shrugs it off like a fighter. Remind me not to get any fishes until his ich disappears for at least 2 weeks!

ah hah !! you bought the replica rocks!! btw, if those are indeed replica rocks, actually once you put then in your tank of water, it's best not to move it out anymore.. cause the water in there gets trapped and these types of rocks are good for people like me who do not rescape at all.. once put in , don't take out!!! :P so take note hor.

Lol the replica rocks are meant to serve as overhangs for me... so most likely don't need to worry about water movement. I will only rescape when PBT gets well. And hopefully can find a nice feeding copperband as well to add in after the rescape!

• SRC Member

Lol bro I don't have the skills to DIY la... Placed the order for a customised overflow box to Ian from I-aquatics. As far as I'm concerned, the overflow box looks slick and is performing up to standard. :)

Heh... I must have missed that part... :P

so.. when its good for me to drop by ur plc for coffee? :P

Looooong time not access this website. Let's have coffee together!!

Holland V also nice place to meet up!! Your yuma is open in my tank that you gave me when you give up 6 feet tank.

Thanks so much!!

Koji

• Senior Reefer

Holland V also nice place to meet up!! Your yuma is open in my tank that you gave me when you give up 6 feet tank.

Thanks so much!!

Koji

we must meet up for coffee again. it's been very long since we last met!

• SRC Member

Comy... i think for your tank size, don't put so many replica rocks... you know what happened to Jacky's tank previously right? Better to play safe :)

Yeah, will keep tt in mind. Mine got no holes for fishes to hide in! :yahoo:

Thanks so much!!

Koji

Wow! Koji, v. long never see you on forum :cheers: soon!

comycus! SUMPLESS NO MORE! lol

hahaa I can't change my title lei...

• SRC Member

WOw nice batfish... Comy.. pity it ain't yours .. hahahaha well so all your back breaking time to rescape that tank has turned out for the better yeah..... Comy.. HOW IS your PBT!!!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

WOw nice batfish... Comy.. pity it ain't yours .. hahahaha well so all your back breaking time to rescape that tank has turned out for the better yeah..... Comy.. HOW IS your PBT!!!

his PBT is doing great and so is my carpet anemone... :chair::chair:

l7304smr.jpg

Koji, your juv batfish taken from my iphone. Beauty! and it's feeding from your hand somemore!

post-16489-12742329040674_thumb.jpg

post-16489-12742328946313_thumb.jpg

post-16489-12742328839988_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the lousy quality photos...

Thanks for your cute photos of my juv batfish!! Every day eat mysis from my finger.

So tame and nice looking. I thank you for your big help to rescape my tank too.

Otherwise I cannot get new fish before the rescape and catch aggressive fish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

After going 99% FOWLR for the last 4 months and a whole roller coaster ride of my life later, finally got my act together to rebuilding my reef tank. Tank parameters are almost back to normal too :)

First up was the upgrade of my tank. Changed my lights to LED and added a sump. Allowed my fish inhabitants to settle down from the stress.

Phase 2 of my upgrade is almost complete! Added 2 artificial LR bought from GO couple of weeks back that have been cycling in my bucket. Thx to Nigel for specially delievering the beautiful tonga branch to my house too! New scape is to provide more top swimming space. Hope to purchase a small school of bartletts in future, so creating more space for them.

Here are some hastily taken pics of my rescape tonight. Sand and detritus have not settled down, so the waters are still abit murky.

post-16489-12755786652374_thumb.jpg

post-16489-12755786423031_thumb.jpg

post-16489-12755786855646_thumb.jpg

Can you spot the 2 pieces of artificial LR? I like to call one the 'tower' while the other is the 'hand'. :superman:

• SRC Member

The clowns are getting v. aggressive. the bigger one kept attacking my hand when I was rescaping just now! I think it's safe to say I shouldn't add anymore clowns... :( so sad! I was half thinking of adding black clowns...

Lol exquisite with yellow belly means what? :poster_oops: Mine's already pretty alpha male? still flashing every night... Thinking of selling it actually.

• Senior Reefer

The clowns are getting v. aggressive. the bigger one kept attacking my hand when I was rescaping just now! I think it's safe to say I shouldn't add anymore clowns... :( so sad! I was half thinking of adding black clowns...

Lol exquisite with yellow belly means what? :poster_oops: Mine's already pretty alpha male? still flashing every night... Thinking of selling it actually.

nah. that's not alpha. you should see grencloud's old african exquisite. i swear it's so dam alpha it made my hair stand everytime he mentions it. guess what my reaction was when i saw it... in real life and in video.

keep it longer and it's entire belly will turn a solid yellow, and so will the tail. the tail will turn solid yellow and will get deeply forked. like an AT. and when he flashes, you will go insane and probably get thrown into an asylum.

• SRC Member

aahhh nicely done comy.. I understand now why your hands are itchy!! Much better scape than your previous one.. AHHAHAHAHAH GOT MOre space for CORALS LIOW... GO SHOPPING!!!!!! HAAHHAHA let me poison you more! LOL

I think for your tank 3 anthias would be enough. :) Or if you want to push the envelope a little.. 6! :)

At least your powder blue is doing well and surviving.. I likey!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

OMG.. your tank really empty.... time to chiong.....groupwavereversed.gif

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Can you believe it has been this way for almost 4 months??? Sigh... I need to resist the temptation!!! :cry2:

Actually was thinking of 5 bartlett + my 2 lyretails... Is that overkill? lol

Hope my pbt gets his colours back. As you can see, not as deep as I before. And hopefully my comet settles down in the nice big cave so I can view him even when he's hiding...

Lemon: I see how long more I can tahan this obnoxious exquisite then :P

• SRC Member

re-arrange your tonga rocks on top....instead of lying them flat..u can let the 2 tonga rest horizontally like a triangular shape...that will break the "flat" looking scape on top...eventually u can stick your sps or slot those branching LPS there....just my suggestion...u're the bozz

i like your powder blue man....n your fat exquisite wrasse... :thumbsup:

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

grats on new sump and restart comy...

the amount of free space you have is worrying! haha

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

Lets all poison comycus... any new shipments to poison him even more to buy stuff to fill up all THOSE EMPTY CORAL REAL ESTATE!!!! how much PSF! :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi