What is the actual cost of owning a car in Singapore ?

Nalin

• SRC Member
because there are alot of bobo riders who expect cars to give way to them ,

previously i have rode a bike for almost 10 yrs and not 1 road accident. u let those people drive car will also kena accidents

like what bro yongshun told me once bike is human wrap around metal while car is metal wrap human

haha so which one more safe??

hmm I actually think ppl should ride road bikes to work fast light and swee :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

You all forgot...

Traffic fines...parking fines..ERP fines (if you forgot to put cashcard).

Seriously if your taxi is costing you $1000 a month, you should look around and see if you have any friends who have lots of time who have vehicle too. Offer them any amount less than $1000 per month and you will save $ already.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

It's understood that they would have the highest fatalities considering all the circumstances against them. You just have to be careful while riding. On a bike, traffic jams won't affect you (huge time saver), if you wanna go ANYWHERE, you can definitely find parking lots (most bikers would prefer to park free or illegally so just find an ERP / Coupon carpark and lots there are in abundance) and also the much cheaper running cost to own a bike.

The setback I can think of is when it rains BUT get a bike with a box and keep a raincoat in there. 5 mins is all it takes.

Funny thing about drivers are they always complain when the ERP increases or when a new gantry goes up when they are the main contributors to the jams. If you need to transport your parents or buy some huge things(IKEA), then that's the time to take a cab. Total cost would still be cheaper than a car as you won't be doing that all the time.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Just hope people can see an advantage to riding instead of adding to the congestion on the road in a car with ONE(or two) person(s) in it.

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead