clownfish galore

ambystoma82

from reef central...

i believe the babies r born already? cus e pics is posted in 2006...

These clownfish in the pic are allardi. If you put allardi, fuscocaudatus, chrysogaster side by side the difference is quite obvious. The only difficulty is when they are juvenile fish. Most clownfish juveniles look similar, with minute differences, just like juvenile angelfish.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

nakedclown.jpg

Saw some at LCK. Too expensive for me though very tempted to get a pair.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Supporter
These clownfish in the pic are allardi. If you put allardi, fuscocaudatus, chrysogaster side by side the difference is quite obvious.

Lol.. to the trained eye only. the rest would call them expensive clarkiis. :upsidedown:

if u realli find them nice... hmm then dun b too bother abt what they called...

end up they might just b e same thing bcus same batch of nemo babies sometimes got weird variations... =(

Amphiprion chrysogaster = Mauritian Clownfish

i think stick to one name else like alot of names later...

actualli all e clowns here is different colours n shape lehz..

dun let e names confuse u.. they r at least better than ID corals...

the juvenille n adult sometimes vary quite abit in colour also...

post-2836-1250851672_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes:

the expensive mcc ??

Amphiprion Mccullochi

still waiting for e babies...?

I still don't see the attraction of A. Mccullochi.. Haha...

Although there have been alot of commotion of shipment coming to Singapore..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Years Back... Very very long ago...

Haha i guess as much. After J&J i've not seen latz anymore. Dunno why other LFS always bring in so few varieties in their Australia Shipment. Always the same few scribbled, personifer, scott's, female lineatus and laboutei. Where are the latz, akindynos, chelmon marginalis, muelleri, coradion altevelis, hooded wrasse, rainfordi, pictilis, conspic etc etc!

• SRC Member

if im not wrong, desmond was the last one to bring in the latz and it was quite a good price if i didnt remember wrongly.

ya i missed j&j, the boss jansen is a nice chap and the fishes he bring in are out of norm. after him i rarely see any chaoti wrasse

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Haha i guess as much. After J&J i've not seen latz anymore. Dunno why other LFS always bring in so few varieties in their Australia Shipment. Always the same few scribbled, personifer, scott's, female lineatus and laboutei. Where are the latz, akindynos, chelmon marginalis, muelleri, coradion altevelis, hooded wrasse, rainfordi, pictilis, conspic etc etc!

Bro, sometimes it is the demand here and demand in other countries...

Reefers here will not spend hundreds to buy latz or thousands on conspics which is different from Japan, HK and US... And some of the fishes you listed are very risky as they dun have good captivity records.. Scribbles and Personifer are nice too if they come in Small specimens..

Member of:

• SRC Member
nakedclown.jpg

Saw some at LCK. Too expensive for me though very tempted to get a pair.

Everyone do yourself a favour and remember to add the word "fish" when you google image search for "nak*d clown fish" :shock:

OMG my eyes... the horror.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Everyone do yourself a favour and remember to add the word "fish" when you google image search for "nak*d clown fish" :shock:

HAHAHAHA OMG lmao i can imagine. i wanna go search nak$d clowns for fun and see what u see.

btw digiman, chelon marginalis is HOT!!!!! one of my fav. i saw a copper band in CF today that had a slightly discoloured orange bar and i was so excited becoz i tot it was the marginalis =(

• Senior Reefer

i went to see it too... i need eye transplant

Haha i've searched it, v unhealthy for the underaged. Lemon pls erase your memory!

Bro, sometimes it is the demand here and demand in other countries...

Reefers here will not spend hundreds to buy latz or thousands on conspics which is different from Japan, HK and US... And some of the fishes you listed are very risky as they dun have good captivity records.. Scribbles and Personifer are nice too if they come in Small specimens..

Yes i know we're a v small market compared to jp and hk. Jux like gem tangs. Not many pple are willing to spend so much money on a tang. Jux wondering how many gems are left at ML.

Anyway the fishes i've listed except for rainfordi and conspic, others are actually quite easy and hardy and not overly expensive, our LFS jux dun order these fish and in fact most of them dun even know there are these fishes becos most pple when u ask them abt aussie fishes they will only giv 2 answers: Scribbled and Personifer lo, the rest are jux not popular and are v hard to sell if brought in.

Yes i know we're a v small market compared to jp and hk. Jux like gem tangs. Not many pple are willing to spend so much money on a tang. Jux wondering how many gems are left at ML.

Anyway the fishes i've listed except for rainfordi and conspic, others are actually quite easy and hardy and not overly expensive, our LFS jux dun order these fish and in fact most of them dun even know there are these fishes becos most pple when u ask them abt aussie fishes they will only giv 2 answers: Scribbled and Personifer lo, the rest are jux not popular and are v hard to sell if brought in.

They are very hard to sell... Like the butterflies, many ppl will have trouble feeding them... Rainfordi is nice but they are just impossible to keep alive...

Member of:

• SRC Member
They are very hard to sell... Like the butterflies, many ppl will have trouble feeding them... Rainfordi is nice but they are just impossible to keep alive...

i remember desmond brought those butterfly in before but he ask me to give up the idea of keeping them as soon as he told me he have those, as its impossible to keep it alive.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg