My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

Got 40" LED fixture out in the market?

Or you're looking at lumenaqua or ecolamps? eyebrow.gif

Maybe she import in AI.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Or you're looking at lumenaqua or ecolamps? :eyebrow:

Ok I just saw the eco lamp pricing.

40 inch KR2 = 2.9k.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

but Jacky,

what's the difference between the K1 and K2? haha

You know? (:

it has been almost 9 months since my last research on EcoLamps leh...

KR1 is the model for LPS

KR2 is the model for SPS

So I guess the PAR is higher but my last understanding is that they are both using 1W LED.

Maybe Kueytoc can share more. I am sure he has done some research on these liao.

• SRC Member

If i'm not wrong kr1 uses only 1W leds while KR2 uses 3W leds.

Manufacturer claims KR1 is 150W MH equivalent and is good for LPS at least up to 2ft. For 250W MH equivalent, KR2 will allow SPS good up to 2ft tank.

yup you could be right Comy.

Anyway, next time Desi can give us a full review liao :)

okie have to give a big big huggz to our BO King!

After a long wait, they are finally here!

I purchase 6l of resin and 3 cartridges for my Crystal Pro.

Here's how the cartridge looks with the bottom opened.

It has 2 sponges inside. One of them seemed to be a thicker piece than the other.

What I did is that I inverted the cartridge, opened the bottom lid, take out the 2 sponges. Place the thicker sponge inside and push it all the way in. really pack it up with the resin. After you have fill it up, take the cartridge and tap it against the floor, the resin will loosen and level will drop, fill it up again and repeat till not much space is left. Place the thinner sponge in and screw tight the bottom lid.

Have u fix yr led?...I can feel my tiredness now after carrying 4 bags of new....haha

have not collected from Comy leh.....

when you remove the used crystal pro cartridge, you will find a white rubber gasket.

I suspect I will still need this to prevent water leak.

So I kept it and placed it on the new cartridge after I have refilled the empty cartridge.

you need to use a bit of force to fit it into the hole.

a comparison of the original Crystal Pro cartridge and the new one by BO King :)

Have u fix yr led?...I can feel my tiredness now after carrying 4 bags of new....haha

Yeah... cannot imagine... did you drive today?

okie... going offline to test my crystal pro :)

hope there's no leakages...

WC night.

• SRC Member

okie... going offline to test my crystal pro :)

hope there's no leakages...

WC night.

So fast wc liao... :eyebrow:

Thairun got the resin just now and he has already tested the resin already... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

So fast wc liao... :eyebrow:

Thairun got the resin just now and he has already tested the resin already... :whistle

I had to play with my baby and my girl leh, then have to bring them to bed........

now then free lor....

• SRC Member

I had to play with my baby and my girl leh, then have to bring them to bed........

now then free lor....

hahahahaha... :eyebrow:

5 hr WC this time... :whistle

But i don't think u need the white gasket. Maybe you test with and without the gasket and see if there is any difference. :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

choy hahaha.....

hmm just took the TDS reading.

Immediately ZERO !

:) AWESOME man

keke $$ well spent.

Hope it last more than the 2 months that crystal pro withstood.

The white gasket... hmmm ... its not leaking now so I think I will just leave it lah.

Maybe ask Karl to try without the gasket.... haha....

• SRC Member

choy hahaha.....

hmm just took the TDS reading.

Immediately ZERO !

:) AWESOME man

keke $$ well spent.

Hope it last more than the 2 months that crystal pro withstood.

The white gasket... hmmm ... its not leaking now so I think I will just leave it lah.

Maybe ask Karl to try without the gasket.... haha....

Ya, Thairun also smsed me the same thing. He was using the DI resin he bought from Polyart at C328 and he said it was probably a China brand (chinese packaging) and it lasted him a few days only before the TDS reading went from 0 to 50++.

I have a feeling the 6L u got will last u 6 months minimum...if it lasts as long as the Crystal Pro...:eyebrow:

I'm waiting for my colour changing DI resin sample. Hope my supplier can get me some free samples for testing and evaluation... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Ya, Thairun also smsed me the same thing. He was using the DI resin he bought from Polyart at C328 and he said it was probably a China brand (chinese packaging) and it lasted him a few days only before the TDS reading went from 0 to 50++.

I have a feeling the 6L u got will last u 6 months minimum...if it lasts as long as the Crystal Pro...:eyebrow:

I'm waiting for my colour changing DI resin sample. Hope my supplier can get me some free samples for testing and evaluation... :eyebrow:

more than 6 months lah Peter.

I am expecting at least 8 months.

colour changing or not.. hmm... not so critical if I have the TDS meter right?

stock up my Top up water liao.... wooohooo.... 15 litres....

can last 1 month.

• SRC Member

more than 6 months lah Peter.

I am expecting at least 8 months.

colour changing or not.. hmm... not so critical if I have the TDS meter right?

Colour changing is not critical if you monitor your output water TDS reading. Normally people would use first cartridge with normal DI resin and the second cartridge colour changing. In this case, they do not need to test the TDS reading all the time but test only when the colour of the second cartridge changes colour.

There are also other people who do not have TDS meters or do not wish to monitor the TDS reading. In this case using colour changing resin is easier for them since they just need to change the resin when the cartridge totally changes colour. :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Colour changing is not critical if you monitor your output water TDS reading. Normally people would use first cartridge with normal DI resin and the second cartridge colour changing. In this case, they do not need to test the TDS reading all the time but test only when the colour of the second cartridge changes colour.

There are also other people who do not have TDS meters or do not wish to monitor the TDS reading. In this case using colour changing resin is easier for them since they just need to change the resin when the cartridge totally changes colour. :eyebrow:

yeah thats what I thought and it make sense....

my tap water TDS was at 85 ppm tonight. not too bad.