My humble 2 feet tank - 2 weeks old

RAV-65

Hi all,

started my new hobby 2 weeks ago after my friend gifted me a tank... now its about 2 weeks plus old... attached are pics... please let me know if you find anything that i may have done wrongly or could have done better... Thanxs! :thanks:

Vincent Ho

post-34-1071170762.jpg

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hi again!!

got this Ricodea Florida today at ML, very happy coz I think its pretty unique... the rico hasn't really recovered yet... as told by Henry... after it has been bleached... :)

Wat do u guys think?

Vincent Ho

post-34-1071170890.jpg

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Try not to get anemones...esp in a tank onli about 2 weeks old...anemones should only be tried in a mature tank with nitrates below 10ppm.

Also...avoid cauliflowers to the right as they are almost impossible to sustain over long periods of time. Stick to mushrooms for now. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Hallo guys,

wow, didn't know there are so much things i have to do and not to do. I got the tank about 2 weeks plus ago from a friend, it used to be a pretty matured tank and when he wanted to give everything away, we transported the tank to my place with the tank still half loaded with the saltwater and sand and all....

I thought it was okay to add in LS coz the water seems very clear and there's no smell... there's abit of problem with no2 but the ammonia seems fine..... ph at 8.1-8.2, still trying to raise it slowly.... salinity at 1.023.... no2 reading is 0,5mg/L according to the test kit reading... anyone can tell me wat to do to bring down the no2? no3 seems to be 50mg/L if i haven't read the testkit results wrongly....

The anemone seems to be okay for now, fishes are eating....

Anyone got more advise for me? Would appreciate it...

Vincent Ho :thanks:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I'm currently using a simple overflow filter, the tank measurments is about 20"x12"x12".... dat excludes the overflow system part, got lights dat i think is T5, fans blowing at the water to bring down the temp to about 26-27, a simple skimmer.... sorry if i cant provide too much info, coz i still dun really know very much all the equipment... i must say i started everything pretty hastily....

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

terryansimon,

got it... will try to rely on the testkits, but somethings the readings like quite hard to tell apart, so far the real problems seems to be the nitrates and ammonia... the rest pretty okay....

Thanxs! :thanks:

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

slow and steady does it...... dun stock up too fast...... about 2 to 3 pcs of corals and 1 to 2 LS per wk will do fine...... but wait till ur tank cycle finish or else beware tank crash!!!! :)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
Hi again!!

got this Ricodea Florida today at ML, very happy coz I think its pretty unique... the rico hasn't really recovered yet... as told by Henry... after it has been bleached... :)

Wat do u guys think?

Vincent Ho

here's the mutant !!!

post-34-1071299890.jpg