LaW's 250G

LaW

• SRC Member

Law the picture of the ladies carrying those huge basket...are they real or just 1:10 model size? If they are human my goodness those are bloody heavy basket of tea leaves i assume!!!

I think i need to be a Chiropractor and fix their backs!

Hi Jeremy,

yeah they may seem carrying huge basket of tea leaves. and yes, they are real fleshy meaty ladies.

DSC_0818.JPG

but look closer! cropped for you. The basket is empty and create a fake impression that its filled with greens from far! I was fooled as well. :lol: If its that heavy, think you can really be a Physiotherapist there. If they face problems on nervous system related to back problem, then be a Chiropractor. Think you can earn some fair amount of money there. ^_^

DSC_0814.JPG

This is a story about the culture of Lijiang or similar.

It's about girls are the one doing the work to support the family... where as the man...

Sleep and play and drink at the bottom of the inclined grounds. Hmmm... sound like a great place for man huh? hehe. There's a clan/tribe there that they is no marriage, and the guy can lay their tadpole juniors around with any women if they agree. somehow like stray dogs. ahem ahem... the lady then give birth to "her" kid and she then bears the responsibilities in bringing them up. Quite some chance that the kid wont know who their father is. The "father" can then carry on straying around and spread his loves and seeds. Sound really interesting!!! especially for man. :lol: Lijiang is good place for man :thumbsup:

DSC_0821.JPG

you can see how big is the stage and how many people involved in this show. this is just a portion of the performers, i bet the normal is easily about triple the amount of here.

DSC_0875.JPG

• Like 1

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

was bored, complied some nice pictures i felt nice.

DSC_0862.JPGDSC_0865a.jpgDSC_0864.JPGDSC_0795_picnik.jpgDSC_0859_picnik1.jpgCSC_0139%20ediyed.JPG

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

nice tank , nice fish

Hi luchaolc,

thank you. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Lol... I too thought those were just tiny models! Wah... Li Jiang seems like a paradise for males... :yeah:

yes it is. :thumbsup:

• SRC Member

so jealous of your zoas shots!! kidding. nice shots and good husbandry.

Thank you for the kind words Jeremy. :peace:

• SRC Member

Law, not only do you have nice corals and stuff, you have a great personality too. you made efforts to reply to all comments, enquiries etc... what a great lad !

cheers

Hi yellowtang,

thank you so much for the compliments. you make my day. ^_^

:peace:

• SRC Member

nice tank bro... mind sharin a photo of ur very rare wrasse....

hi naz,

thank you for the kind words. the new additions are still adapting. still in observation and my prevention protocol so i wont release it that soon. will post pic if i got a chance. :peace:

• SRC Member

hi naz,

thank you for the kind words. the new additions are still adapting. still in observation and my prevention protocol so i wont release it that soon. will post pic if i got a chance. :peace:

cool bro... wil be waitin... :)

• SRC Member

cool bro... wil be waitin... :)

hope they are all well enough to stay healthy to end your wait. :lol:

U got a nice zoa collection bro..Where do u get em ?

Hi lilo,

thank you, I got them by chance in LFS in Singapore or by trade with some wonderful reefers around.

• SRC Member

Random picture on my interesting event:

2 days back, had an interesting morning. was really honored to be invited to a private stable for a horse riding experience on once racing horses.

DSC_1005.JPG

the place was not fully built yet but the track was ready enough for a run.

DSC_0976.JPG

this is the horse showering after i lost control over it and dumped me into the sand to have a bite on dust while it sprints away, it left me with an swollen knee and limbing even till now. it was actually taking a walk with me on it but when it saw my friend's horse sprinting, it try to catch up and after a moment, i lost my balance and had a taste of their sands. i was told its typical racing horse character and, of course, my lousy riding skill. :paiseh:

DSC_0005.JPG

i was lucky to have little injuries but it was fun, and shall return to learn to control this fella again. guess i found myself another hobby. :wub:

DSC_0977.JPG

• SRC Member

random pic:

was really surprised to see this efficiency after I off my skimmer for 3 days of praziquental treatment.

a minute after on:

DSC_0900.JPG

a few minutes after a minute:

DSC_0905.JPG

shortly after a few minutes after a minute:

DSC_0908.JPG

authentic bubble tea, any one wants some? :lol: i will reward you with one polyp of hawaii dragon eye or a frag of purple queen. your pick. :lol:

just kidding :P

• SRC Member

Asked Garyj to mod my Kent marine Maxxima and he was really helpful to install some cool features for me.

Just a note for reefer who thinks RO/DI is a waste of water resource. While it is true that it creates waste water but a twist of thoughts will make you comes out with some idea of recycling the water. Luckily, my washing machine is nearby, I drain the waste water into the washing machine for use. And also a portion for watering the plant.

If you are using just DI unit, its further waste of money. This is because, water are very cheap, i believe it cost just a couple of dollars for 1000liters, imagine the "waste of water" VS "DI resin", which are more expensive? The DI resin of course.

If you believe its a waste of natural resources of using RO/DI due to it wasting water and use just DI resin, think again. How much energy (in terms of fossil fuel, effort and time) is needed to manufacture "water" vs "DI resin"? I believe water takes lesser energy to process when compared with manufacturing DI resin. So... Think again. :)

Changed to a 100GPD RO Membrane:

DSC_0888.JPG

Changed to new medium including the very well known carbon block (I never used it before but heard of its name):

DSC_0896.JPG

He helped to mount my booster pump directly on to the RO/DI stand, installed a flushing device and a flow restrictor to prevent too much waste of water:

DSC_0895.JPG

Added an addition pressure switch to prevent my booster pump from runing dry. was very thoughtful of him. :thumbsup:

DSC_0893.JPG

My RO/DI unit looks so much neater now after he helped me with the "pipe management":

DSC_0892.JPG

• SRC Member

A picture that I initially didn't want to post due to it being badly taken.

but hack, here is it as i got nothing much to show other than boring equipment pictures.

cropped and ruined badly by my shaky hand. Taken top shot to show stronger color, it wasn't as strong if taken from the side.

Purple Queen.

DSC_0868a.jpg

A picture that I initially didn't want to post due to it being badly taken.

but hack, here is it as i got nothing much to show other than boring equipment pictures.

cropped and ruined badly by my shaky hand. Taken top shot to show stronger color, it wasn't as strong if taken from the side.

Purple Queen.

DSC_0868a.jpg

"Mine How Lian". I will come to your house and steal your gem. Better start to get a job as to sustain your new interest too. Hehehehe.......

• SRC Member

"Mine How Lian". I will come to your house and steal your gem. Better start to get a job as to sustain your new interest too. Hehehehe.......

like that also being regarded as hao lian? :argue:

so discouraging for the my spirit of sharing :chair:

and new interest need no money, horse is my friend's, not mine. :lol:

a horse is like managing a good car with installment, i wont have that kind of money yet. :kiss:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bro, it is definitely more enjoyable viewing your tank in-person. Amazing reef... Thanks for the tip on fish treatment too! :thumbsup:

Thank you Eugene, it was really really nice knowing you. Hope you felt the same.

How are the frags?

Let me know if the frags are not doing too well, will replace you if thats the case and I will deliver to you.

Will let you know when the Devil's Armor is better and do let me know when your frags are ready as well.

Thank you for visiting my friend, take care. :friends:

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Thank you Eugene, it was really really nice knowing you. Hope you felt the same.

How are the frags?

Let me know if the frags are not doing too well, will replace you if thats the case and I will deliver to you.

Will let you know when the Devil's Armor is better and do let me know when your frags are ready as well.

Thank you for visiting my friend, take care. :friends:

Wanted to press reply, end up given you an ups in rep! Hahaha...

Frags are doing fine except for AOIs. Still looking a little stressed, hope they pull through.

I'll let you know once my frags are ready.

Glad to have met you in-person. Cheers! :friends: