poomoon's acrylic cube

poomoon

• SRC Member
1000G ?

No LAH...Where got space to put 1000G tank and if I put it I think my floor will collapse... :eyebrow:

Tank will still remain as it is 3x2x2 but will be doing something.... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
No LAH...Where got space to put 1000G tank and if I put it I think my floor will collapse... :eyebrow:

Tank will still remain as it is 3x2x2 but will be doing something.... :whistle

ur office area there with the glass wall ... Hmm that would be nice and big :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
ur office area there with the glass wall ... Hmm that would be nice and big :eyebrow:

No, maintaining my tank as it is... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

hey bros, quite busy this past week due to visitors ...

need advise, for past few days, noticed my green yumas seemed to be nt opening up, looks like they shrunk (the 2 bigger ones). though the babies seems to be growing. and with these 2 big ones, i always see their mouths open somehow, and throwing up. :unsure:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
hey bros, quite busy this past week due to visitors ...

need advise, for past few days, noticed my green yumas seemed to be nt opening up, looks like they shrunk (the 2 bigger ones). though the babies seems to be growing. and with these 2 big ones, i always see their mouths open somehow, and throwing up. :unsure:

When did you see them shrinking and not opening up? Did you target feed them? How are your water parameters?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

When did you see them shrinking and not opening up? Did you target feed them? How are your water parameters?

Dr Tee is here :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Dr Tee is here :)

LOL...I'm the Yuma killer... :eyebrow::whistle:rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

hi bro, really busy past couple of weeks.

anyway, thanks for the advise.

yes that was after target feeding ... started to throw up a lot. one thing i noticed later is brown powdery algae started to accumulate on my walls. also saw my BTang starting to have ich.

checked params, nitrates at 25ppm, rest are nil.

started removing them off the walls, and for now did about 25% WC with remaining NSW. also put in biohome plus.

so far yuma seems slowly recovering (now that they're not fully open, good time to frag ? :unsure: )

BT still lively and eating a lot, though ich became quite bad with dots covering most parts. As of last night, observed that dots almost gone :paiseh:

all the rest of inhabitants seems ok. still continue to monitor first.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
hi bro, really busy past couple of weeks.

anyway, thanks for the advise.

yes that was after target feeding ... started to throw up a lot. one thing i noticed later is brown powdery algae started to accumulate on my walls. also saw my BTang starting to have ich.

checked params, nitrates at 25ppm, rest are nil.

started removing them off the walls, and for now did about 25% WC with remaining NSW. also put in biohome plus.

so far yuma seems slowly recovering (now that they're not fully open, good time to frag ? :unsure: )

BT still lively and eating a lot, though ich became quite bad with dots covering most parts. As of last night, observed that dots almost gone :paiseh:

all the rest of inhabitants seems ok. still continue to monitor first.

You actually do not need to target feed Yumas. Overfeed them and if they cannot digest then whatever they throw up will dirty the tank especially for a nano tank. That's why you will see your nitrates go up to a high level.

In the meantime to reduce your nitrates, do weekly water changes or get AZ NO3 or get Prodibio Bioclean. Biohome will probably need ard 4-6 weeks before it becomes effective in removing nitrates from your water.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
You actually do not need to target feed Yumas. Overfeed them and if they cannot digest then whatever they throw up will dirty the tank especially for a nano tank. That's why you will see your nitrates go up to a high level.

In the meantime to reduce your nitrates, do weekly water changes or get AZ NO3 or get Prodibio Bioclean. Biohome will probably need ard 4-6 weeks before it becomes effective in removing nitrates from your water.

Thanks bro. Yeah, i actually just tried to target feed them twice in a span of 2 weeks, and after the 2nd time, that's what happened, so I couldn't say it was overfed.

Yeah, went to RD (nearest of course) but they ran out of AZNO3. So will probably try to get this weekend when got time.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
Thanks bro. Yeah, i actually just tried to target feed them twice in a span of 2 weeks, and after the 2nd time, that's what happened, so I couldn't say it was overfed.

Yeah, went to RD (nearest of course) but they ran out of AZNO3. So will probably try to get this weekend when got time.

C328 has it. Otherwise can order from fresh n marine... :whistle

GO also has a Nitrate remover from The Coral Shop. Not sure how effective it is but it's $70+ for a large bottle.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List: