poomoon's acrylic cube

poomoon

Haha, i would want to upgrade to a bigger one (and obviously she does too), that time will come, maybe in a year or so. Sure will do.

Thanks. How's your skimmer doing ? Still got the microbubbles ? How often do you have to attend to the cup ? and also how's the noise, silent ?

Yes there are still bubbles leaking but not as much. The troublesome thing is that I need to change the cotton in the skimmer pack every now and then.

My bioload is not heavy. I empty whenever I feel that the dirty collection is an eyesore.... so that is like every other day.

but my best bet would be that you would prob need to empty it every 3 - 4 days.

No it is not silent. beside my light, the skimmer is the next noisiest eqpt. It produces a lot of hissing sound. quite noisy.

I am a noise sensitive person though.

Question: What lights will you be using?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
have you though of using artificial rocks?

I saw some at jireh today and they really look nice.

The one I saw really a cave scape with plenty of platform for corals.

if you want real live rocks, then choose those with nice shape and texture.

try not to get flat ones.

what you would like to have is to have "seamless" integration when you place one on top of the other.

So image if you put a flat piece of rock to bridge over 2 porous rock, it would look very artificial.

Your tank is rather narrow, so you might want to consider doing just a simple pyramid scape.

prob something like what Henry has in his ELOS display tank.

Sorry for being long winded. you might have process these thoughts before already :P

I am just throwing thoughts and thinking aloud.

The sinsei has spoken again... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
have you though of using artificial rocks?

I saw some at jireh today and they really look nice.

The one I saw really a cave scape with plenty of platform for corals.

if you want real live rocks, then choose those with nice shape and texture.

try not to get flat ones.

what you would like to have is to have "seamless" integration when you place one on top of the other.

So image if you put a flat piece of rock to bridge over 2 porous rock, it would look very artificial.

Your tank is rather narrow, so you might want to consider doing just a simple pyramid scape.

prob something like what Henry has in his ELOS display tank.

Sorry for being long winded. you might have process these thoughts before already :P

I am just throwing thoughts and thinking aloud.

Thanks for the inputs. Yup have considered that, depending on what i would end up with,

of course having it look very natural is best. Thinking of having an almost flat ledge somewhere

in the middle of the height, not really a lot of caves but like a big space in the middle, but may

be covered by the ledge from light. Also thinking of having a 'mushroom' wall :eyebrow:

aahh ... just thinking about it, full of ideas on my mind, i should have a 1000 gallon tank ! haha.

i keep on drawing already to try the concept at least.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
Yes there are still bubbles leaking but not as much. The troublesome thing is that I need to change the cotton in the skimmer pack every now and then.

My bioload is not heavy. I empty whenever I feel that the dirty collection is an eyesore.... so that is like every other day.

but my best bet would be that you would prob need to empty it every 3 - 4 days.

No it is not silent. beside my light, the skimmer is the next noisiest eqpt. It produces a lot of hissing sound. quite noisy.

I am a noise sensitive person though.

Question: What lights will you be using?

I guess 3-4 days is still ok for me. But the noise, well since it is in my GF's room, then she may complain haha. Well,

we'll see how it is when it gets here.

Lights, definitely LEDs :eyebrow: Sensei ....

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Thanks for the inputs. Yup have considered that, depending on what i would end up with,

of course having it look very natural is best. Thinking of having an almost flat ledge somewhere

in the middle of the height, not really a lot of caves but like a big space in the middle, but may

be covered by the ledge from light. Also thinking of having a 'mushroom' wall :eyebrow:

aahh ... just thinking about it, full of ideas on my mind, i should have a 1000 gallon tank ! haha.

i keep on drawing already to try the concept at least.

sounds cool!

I am trying to get a mushie corner, a zoas corner and an SPS area.

but really damn hard to keep this diverse grp in the same tank.

very very slim chance of success.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
sounds cool!

I am trying to get a mushie corner, a zoas corner and an SPS area.

but really damn hard to keep this diverse grp in the same tank.

very very slim chance of success.

I think u alaready have a mushie corner rite??? And a Xenia, Star Polyp, Super Sun corner... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I think u alaready have a mushie corner rite??? And a Xenia, Star Polyp, Super Sun corner... :eyebrow:

my mushrooms, I will further frag some of them, probably break up the rock, just want to have about 5 polyps per species.

no need for one whole rock. Want to collect more varieties.

Sun enough already.

• SRC Member
my mushrooms, I will further frag some of them, probably break up the rock, just want to have about 5 polyps per species.

Sun enough already.

Pass me some after you have broken the rocks... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Pass me some after you have broken the rocks... :eyebrow:

Paiseh selling those.

Each rock will still have 10 polyps or more.

• SRC Member

Whew, ok cabinet's in. Time to go back and rest first. Just reailized that other than my GF room's pink wallm the other parts are color 'coraline' haha no joke. I'll try to show the pic maybe tomorrow :lol:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Haha bro Jacky, how many corners does your tank have ... :upsidedown:

only mushie on the left. suns on the right.

trying to put SPS on the peak of the scape.

• SRC Member
Whew, ok cabinet's in. Time to go back and rest first. Just reailized that other than my GF room's pink wallm the other parts are color 'coraline' haha no joke. I'll try to show the pic maybe tomorrow :lol:

Just dun get pink lights... lol

Looking forward to your pics today!

• SRC Member
Just dun get pink lights... lol

Looking forward to your pics today!

Haha, actually multi-colored LED lights that turn green, blue, red ...

Here's a pic ... see all the coraline growth on the wall ? :eyebrow:

Sorry, not a quality pic, just a quick snap from iphone last night. The tank doesn't even seem to be symmetrical haha. It's just the pic.

post-17191-1259113454_thumb.jpg

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Sun enough already.

Give me those fraq you don't want.I also collecting

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Sorry, not a quality pic, just a quick snap from iphone last night. The tank doesn't even seem to be symmetrical haha. It's just the pic.

Do you need oyama sticker?

I have some leftover.

• SRC Member

remember to put styrofoam at the bottom of the tank to balance out! Don't think I see any at the bottom now.

• SRC Member
remember to put styrofoam at the bottom of the tank to balance out! Don't think I see any at the bottom now.

Thanks Bro Comy. Yup, already got styrofoam base. Haven't put anything yet, as you see still lazy to remove the wrapping also.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Thanks bro, you got pink ? Haha joke.

She doesn't seem to like to put ... I have a black one, so still convincing her :thanks:

Just ask her if she wants to see wires dangling behind the tank.

So you have 2 tunze wire, a wave maker wire, you might also have monitor probes. == > at least 3 - 4 wires.

Algae will also grow at the back where it is visible but inaccessible to clean.

You can put 1st and if really doesn't like it, you can remove it easily.

If you did not put it and want to stick it later, it will be more troublesome and will be more challenging to stick it nicely with water in the tank and limited access at the back.

You should have let her choose the lavenda colour for the oyama Jun ... haha

• SRC Member

So you have 2 tunze wire, a wave maker wire, you might also have monitor probes. == > at least 3 - 4 wires.

If you did not put it and want to stick it later, it will be more troublesome and will be more challenging to stick it nicely with water in the tank and limited access at the back.

lol.. totally agree...

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Thanks Bro Comy. Yup, already got styrofoam base. Haven't put anything yet, as you see still lazy to remove the wrapping also.

with opened tank, it is very impt to make sure the tank is level before pouring in the water.

(get a bubble leveller to check if you don't have one)

Else you can see the water level uneven after you have filled it up with water.

One side of he tank with higher level and the other side lower.

It is very obvious and quite an eyesore.

• SRC Member

Haha, thanks. EXACTLY what i told her last night. NOT pressuring her, I took over her account here already. At least she's very keen in keeping a tank in her room and very interested in the hobby, so for now good. ALTHOUGH, when i ordered the reefpack, and she asked how much, after i told her she just said tsk tsk ... starting already ? Anyway, most likely will be putting on the black sticker. :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean