6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Tested water on sunday and discovered low KH of about 7 and monitored Ph swing from 7.8-8.1 during a 24hr period.

Started dosing reef buffer to bring up Ph to about 8.2 during the day and 8.0 at nite and Alk is at 12 now.

Also adjusted Magnesium from 1170 to 1250 now. Ca is at 450.

Is a Ph swing of about 0.2 ok?

• Sponsor

hey bro! realised your true percula is out in the main tank! congrats! Thought tat fellow is going to stuck at your overflow for good!

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

As of today , Zeovit has been running in my FR for 2 days. Have done the daily shakedown of the reactor to free up the detritus and mulm from the ZEOliths...The mulm is supposed to feed the SPS or sumthing to that extend.

Considering my Water Vol of about 800L, I am using 50% (1L of ZEOvit)of whats recommended for the first month or so and will ramp up to 2 L of zeovit after 6 weeks or so.. dosing of the 'additives' are also at 50% (4drops/4drops/4ml) of whats recommended for my tank volume.

No visible changes to the system yet but I guess the system is still building up its capability.

Will update the progress as and when I see some changes to the tank conditions.

• SRC Member

Terryansimon, Data is courtesy of my IKS. Attached it to an old unused laptop and it will upload the captured data wirelessly to a webserver so I can see the values in almost real-time if I need to. Very cool! I am such a computer geek.. hehehe :)

• SRC Member
Terryansimon, Data is courtesy of my IKS. Attached it to an old unused laptop and it will upload the captured data wirelessly to a webserver so I can see the values in almost real-time if I need to. Very cool! I am such a computer geek.. hehehe :)

wow... maybe you can charge a small fee to setup for us.. hehe... :lol:

wah liew...like that can set up for me also leh....ha...ha

• SRC Member

Just an update on the observation of the Reef Tank condition during week 3 of ZEOvit. Have stop dosing all additives for the past 2 days as per the ZEOvit guide.

Came home to much clearer water which seems to brighten up the lights punching thru the 2+ ft of water. It looks like a healthier tank condition overall and continue to observe for changes...

Finally my water condition is improving from longkang quality and hopefully moving towards Fiji waters. *crossing fingers*