Culturing Tigger Pods

Terryz_

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to maintain water quality... my attempt to culture them failed coz water quality deteriorated. A linked refugium to the main tank would be better than a stand alone like what I tried.

your tub of pods wiped?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Have to maintain water quality... my attempt to culture them failed coz water quality deteriorated. A linked refugium to the main tank would be better than a stand alone like what I tried.

thanks for the advice will do partial WC.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Hmm. Will take note of this...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

seems like the instruction from the web did not state clearly in terms on water condition?

then again,if we can have our own tigger pods it wil be something special.

Ya, they didnt really mention water condition other than the fact that New Seawater must be used..

Member of:

• SRC Member
Ya, they didnt really mention water condition other than the fact that New Seawater must be used..

Just for reference, I followed the instructions of culturing in a standalone container to the dot. If any bros are successful in cultivating them, pls do share your setup with us :)

• SRC Member
Just for reference, I followed the instructions of culturing in a standalone container to the dot. If any bros are successful in cultivating them, pls do share your setup with us :)

If I remember correctly, I did read about culturing pods in RC previously. Quite a number of people there have sucessfully cultivated pods in stand alone containers.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Yeah, hope to see if there are any reefers are succesful...

Member of:

If I remember correctly, I did read about culturing pods in RC previously. Quite a number of people there have sucessfully cultivated pods in stand alone containers.

Haven go to RC and check it.. Will do it later.. LOL...

Member of:

• SRC Member
Sure, will update once i get my hands on a few bottle of tigger pods... I heard out of stock everywhere...

I heard Aquamart may be bringing in 60 bottles of DT live pods this month but I have not been able to get a firm confirmation from them yet.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I heard Aquamart may be bringing in 60 bottles of DT live pods this month but I have not been able to get a firm confirmation from them yet.

Peter..... keep me posted hor......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
Peter..... keep me posted hor......

Will let you know if they confirm that they are bringing in the DT Copepods... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

I get loads of pods daily from siphoning the algae detritus from my fibreglass tub. :eyebrow:

I literally have thousands of copepods, most of which end up being flushed. If anyone wishes to separate the algae detritus from the copepods you are more than welcome. :upsidedown:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I get loads of pods daily from siphoning the algae detritus from my fibreglass tub. :eyebrow:

I literally have thousands of copepods, most of which end up being flushed. If anyone wishes to separate the algae detritus from the copepods you are more than welcome. :upsidedown:

too bad you stay on the opposite end of the island.

Else I will go and perform the "chimpanzee flea plucking exercise" at your place regularly

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

But you live so far... Takes me 1 hour to go down... LOL..

Member of:

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

But you live so far... Takes me 1 hour to go down... LOL..

sama sama.

Terryz, you stay in the west too?

I'll be giving away some of my "miracle gunk". It's skimmate coloured water but it does'nt stink. Filled with hundreds or even thousands of copepods smaller than the size of baby brine shrimp. You just need to decant it to get the copepods. Who's interested?

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/