Weekly Update - 4th Jan 10 to 10th Jan 10

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Samsies.... I was the one who bought up the blue zoas.. :rolleyes: Glad you managed to get some red Gonios for yourself though....

Oh! So you're Craftsman! The one with the nice tank in the balcony of your masionette right? Heheh I noticed you parking behind me and as a result, one step ahead of me because you were nearer to the entrance of GO ... Nice corals you picked, for a moment I thought you were gonna pick the Red Gonio I wanted when we were next to each other.

Ok enough of the :off: ... Say hi when we bump into each other next time!

That's because it's still cheaper to get from SG and ship back to Thailand/ Malaysia than to order themselves as they will not be able to fulfill the min. quota for them to ship to their country.

I see ... thanks for the explanation!

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

Oh! So you're Craftsman! The one with the nice tank in the balcony of your masionette right? Heheh I noticed you parking behind me and as a result, one step ahead of me because you were nearer to the entrance of GO ... Nice corals you picked, for a moment I thought you were gonna pick the Red Gonio I wanted when we were next to each other.

Ok enough of the :off: ... Say hi when we bump into each other next time!

Yup :look: Yeah.. got some pretty decent stuff... very happy!! :whistle For sure, next time will say hi

• SRC Member

:bow: WAH...another potential Tycoon in the making... :eyebrow:

Yes. :eyebrow:

Nah I was there closer to 7pm. They were in the midst of unpacking the goodies at that point in time, but I dare say at least 3/4 of the corals were already unpacked and placed in the displays by then. And yes I was one of them who managed to get 1 out of the 4 Red Gonios before they were snapped up by the uncles haha. Heng ah. Mine was the piece with subtle blue tips on the tentacles. Lovely! Was aiming for a Red Gonio for a while already ...

True. Hobbyists like us often have to compete with foreign reefers, rich towkay uncle types as well as other LFSes / farms on shipment day. So have to move fast and move early! Haha ^_^ Heard from Iwarna auntie once that a LFS staff came by to take 100 Hawaiian YTs the moment they unpacked. But I've never seen the fabled Thai reefers before leh, are they PRs here or working professionals in Sg?

Well, most of the good and rarer stuff were gone by the time I left at 7.30pm. I believe the Red Gonios were all snapped up by Mr Richard Woon, another reefer and myself. But there were still very nicely multi-colored Blastos, Brains and Pratas, and Acans remaining when I left. The nice deep blue Zoas I was also considering were snapped up in my moment of deliberation heheh so ...

Should still have a few good stuff left. Good shipment, this. :wub:

:bow: WAH...another potential Tycoon in the making... :eyebrow:

Me? No way lor. I only got what I originally aimed for - a Red Gonio. That's all.

The hallmark of a tycoon is when you're able to just pop down to any LFS on shipment day, and point to a few expensive Aussie corals or rare LS without hesitation and complete your shopping under 6 minutes. Haha.

Ok enough of the :off: liao later kena scolded by Admins.

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• SRC Member
Yes. :eyebrow:

Nah I was there closer to 7pm. They were in the midst of unpacking the goodies at that point in time, but I dare say at least 3/4 of the corals were already unpacked and placed in the displays by then. And yes I was one of them who managed to get 1 out of the 4 Red Gonios before they were snapped up by the uncles haha. Heng ah. Mine was the piece with subtle blue tips on the tentacles. Lovely! Was aiming for a Red Gonio for a while already ...

True. Hobbyists like us often have to compete with foreign reefers, rich towkay uncle types as well as other LFSes / farms on shipment day. So have to move fast and move early! Haha ^_^ Heard from Iwarna auntie once that a LFS staff came by to take 100 Hawaiian YTs the moment they unpacked. But I've never seen the fabled Thai reefers before leh, are they PRs here or working professionals in Sg?

Well, most of the good and rarer stuff were gone by the time I left at 7.30pm. I believe the Red Gonios were all snapped up by Mr Richard Woon, another reefer and myself. But there were still very nicely multi-colored Blastos, Brains and Pratas, and Acans remaining when I left. The nice deep blue Zoas I was also considering were snapped up in my moment of deliberation heheh so ...

Should still have a few good stuff left. Good shipment, this. :wub:

Nah, when I went today, the last red gonio was still available...cost more than 2 blue notes if i remember correctly :eyebrow:

The rare stuff are always snapped up very quickly but they are really expensive. Someone bought a $300+ red prata today. Again not me... :whistle

Still have some quite nice zoas when I left though... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Should be between 8 to 10 red notes depending on size and type I suppose.

Actually between 8 to 15 red notes... :whistle

Think now left those between 8 to 10 red notes... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
^_^ Saw a couple alert & active 2.5+ inch sizes over at the friendly CF ;)

Hi bro kueytoc,

Thanks for the info. Actually looking for a bigger one around 4inch. Nevertheless will find time to drop by CF to see too.

:thanks:

Hi bro kueytoc,

Thanks for the info. Actually looking for a bigger one around 4inch. Nevertheless will find time to drop by CF to see too.

:thanks:

Smaller one is easy to train them to feed on pellet, flake etc. But it is more expensive than a bigger one.

• SRC Member

hey guys, dont bother dropping by LCK201 this week, they have all the old stock.. and the display tank all empty, only at the quarantine tank inside have the remaining fishes.

but still got many

1. peppermint shrimp

2. very small and cute yellow tangs

3. blood shirmp

4. few cleaner shrimp

5. 2 AT (small) <-- i think

6) fox face

etc

but next week got shipment.. cheers

• SRC Member

kitzo still have australian acans and scoly

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Smaller one is easy to train them to feed on pellet, flake etc. But it is more expensive than a bigger one.

Hi Bro Orsony,

Thanks for yr advice. Will look at the small ones too in my search.

:rolleyes:

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

WTS - Rocks, water Drum and Macro algae reactor

2. 0

***+256779892164 Bring back my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend #USA CANADA SPAIN MEXICO NEWYORK UK MANCHESTER

3. 0

$% +256779892164 EFFECTIVE AND APPROVED LOVE SPELLS THAT WORK IMMEDIATELY GET BACK MY HUSBAND/WIFE/BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND IN 72HRS MAMA HADIJA IN USA UK SINGAPORE CHINA JAPAN THAILAND

4. 0

#Quick love-spells-in-Alaska- #USA-+256779892164-return-a-lost-amar Reconciliation✅