OMG: Nubi infestation

neokn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my precious shrimps leh. Get wrasse will get they eaten up too.

Don't worry it won't yellow wrasse will rather acttack nudi than shrimp are ur sexy shrimp those small type??

try to feed them pellet as well they won't attack unless they got nothing to eat

also u can get those small type like 1inch plus in size

yellow wrasse might do the work but they might work in shift timing. If you want almost 24 hours patrol, get six lines but no guarantee it will solved. Maybe u want to get Coral RX to cure them if you dont want to go for fresh water dip. Faster solve this before they lay eggs...and it will be endless battle. It can be gotten from RD. Check with bro peacemaker, think this happened to him before. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
yellow wrasse might do the work but they might work in shift timing. If you want almost 24 hours patrol, get six lines but no guarantee it will solved. Maybe u want to get Coral RX to cure them if you dont want to go for fresh water dip. Faster solve this before they lay eggs...and it will be endless battle. It can be gotten from RD. Check with bro peacemaker, think this happened to him before. All the best.

Thanks. I have a fairy wrasse in the tank but he just eats pellets and food off my hand. He's rather interested in my shrimps too but lucky they got good hidding place thus I afraid if I add more wrasse all my shrimps will be goner.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
Thanks. I have a fairy wrasse in the tank but he just eats pellets and food off my hand. He's rather interested in my shrimps too but lucky they got good hidding place thus I afraid if I add more wrasse all my shrimps will be goner.

nooby question. what is nudi infestation ? nudibranch ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

bro, fairy wrasse unlikely to do the job....green, six line and yellow wrasse seem to do the job but the first 2 are notorious. The yellow wrasse is tame. As mentioned, once they feed on pellet, they might not be that hardworking.....or not work at all.....applies the same to peppermint shrimp.....fairy wrasse is the one that might eye your shrimp....especially when they change their shell....they will be the softest.....and that is the time when they strike....other shrimp likely to learn the lesson and went hiding during that process.....

Bro Poomon, nudi for zoa is considered a pest. Like a snail without shell and can be a chameleon...change colour to adapt to zoa....slowly eat up your lovely zoa....one of the top 4 killers for zoas.....there are big colourful nudi for sales ...however, they feed on sponge, etc.....and usually die off without food. Do a search to understand more or go to zoaid.com to learn more....

subject to correction..please take my advice as reference and confirm with reading ...all the best.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Bro Poomon, nudi for zoa is considered a pest. Like a snail without shell and can be a chameleon...change colour to adapt to zoa....slowly eat up your lovely zoa....one of the top 4 killers for zoas.....there are big colourful nudi for sales ...however, they feed on sponge, etc.....and usually die off without food. Do a search to understand more or go to zoaid.com to learn more....

subject to correction..please take my advice as reference and confirm with reading ...all the best.

thanks for the advise bro solo ... so they're cute but deadly ... won't risk

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

1. Take out yr zoa one by one and dip in FW with lugol's solution.

2. Agreed with Solo77, get a green / yellow wrasse and cross yr fingers to c if they will eliminate those nudis.

3. When yr lights are off, shine yr torch on yr zoas and see how bad yr situation. Usually, they like to roam when the lights r off and probably u can spot the eggs.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

firstly, copperbands don't eat nudis. fairy wrasses will never ever eat nudis too.

secondly, the problem with wrasses such as YW and sixline, is that they might not even do work.

the best approach is both biological and human intervention. biological, get some natural predators such as the above mentioned wrasse.

this might not be enough, so do some work on your part. coral RX is very effective in removing all pests, but the eggs are nightmare... eggs remain unaffected until they hatch and it will certainly be hell trying to rid all eggs from your tank. meanwhile, kill as many nudis as possible.

• SRC Member
As titled.

try this method.

http://www.practicalcoralfarming.com/zoonudis.html

next time, FW dip all ur zoas or dip with coral RX with others coral. prevention is alot more worth than cure.

act fast, you can hardly imagine how fast they can reproduce themselves

all the best neokn

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Bro, wrasses normally are part timer, so best and faster method is to remove the affected colonies. Turn it up-side-down and shake hard under sw in another bucket to remove nudis. This method help to reduce the stress level of the already stressed zoa. For those colonies that cannot be remove, manually catch the nudis 1 an hour after light goes off, but it will be a prolong process depend on how hard working you are.

zoa master out....hehe...bro dersuz, long time no hear from you. Hope things are fine. Good to see all the contribution. Happy reefing.

Bro, wrasses normally are part timer, so best and faster method is to remove the affected colonies. Turn it up-side-down and shake hard under sw in another bucket to remove nudis. This method help to reduce the stress level of the already stressed zoa. For those colonies that cannot be remove, manually catch the nudis 1 an hour after light goes off, but it will be a prolong process depend on how hard working you are.

Algae Scrubbler

The helichores wrasse mentioned by the members here might not even touch the nudis. Only way for me is routine FW dip and picking of the adult at night. If infestation is too bad, just have to dump the whole colonies.

For best method, separate all the zoos into a QT tank, and do the procedures mentioned above till you are comfortable that all nudis are gone then add the zoos back into display tank

• SRC Member
The helichores wrasse mentioned by the members here might not even touch the nudis. Only way for me is routine FW dip and picking of the adult at night. If infestation is too bad, just have to dump the whole colonies.

WOW!!!!! Bro,

You are back. Roger on the advise.

Anyway, I FW dip the few affected ones yesterday and guess what I see that the nudi is lumi. green in colour. Nice but deadly.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

I personally went through rounds of nudi attack.

Tried lugol solution dip, FW dip. They do kill the adult ones, can see them floating around.

Maybe i did not dip with sufficient freq, they always come back every few months.

The FW dip is pretty stressful to the zoas though. Now i give up, let them eat if they want. Stopped buying zoas.

Somehow, i stopped seeing them around, and some of the zoas actually grow back.

End conclusion = give up :pirate: