Weekly Update - 11th Jan to 17th Jan 2010

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ya. not much stock at LCK , most of the tank empty... they said the stock will be in next two week.....

any update on Pasir Ris Farm ?? OG ?? RB....

Got OG got alot of new woman clothes on display now LOL.

ok ok joke aside pasir ris also quite nothing much

Yup. Nothing much over at CF, LCK201 and Henry's. Maybe clearing space and expecting shipment soon.

I did spot a few of these Wrasses (they are Wrasses aren't they?) over at CF this afternoon:

IMG_0058.jpg

Anyone to ID for me?

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• SRC Member

:rolleyes:Royal Pencil Wrasse aka Pseudojuloides severnsi

This cave dwelling wrasse is a relatively new addition to the aquarium hobby. It can be found all over tropical Pacific waters and is one of the most spectacularly colored wrasses in the family. Multiple specimens can be kept together in larger, 200+ gallon tanks. Otherwise, one male per tank. The male is pictured above. Females are very rare to see in the hobby since most pencil wrasses females look very similar.

Yup. Nothing much over at CF, LCK201 and Henry's. Maybe clearing space and expecting shipment soon.

I did spot a few of these Wrasses (they are Wrasses aren't they?) over at CF this afternoon:

IMG_0058.jpg

Anyone to ID for me?

• Senior Reefer

the royal pencil wrasse is a beautiful addition to any reef tank, but its timid and difficult to acclimate due to shyness. needs a sand bed to sleep in. can be bolder and very fierce (self experience), when given time.

the females are a uniform brown/orange.

CF has a new batch of mccosker's flasher wrasse too.

• SRC Member
Hi!

I'm new here so I don't know what the acronym all u guy said stand for?

Anyone can help?

That would be great if u can give me the address too.

:D

hi En_Thai,

welcome.

more info on address and shop name can be found here. http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=52

LCK = Lim Chu Kang 201

CF = Coralfarm

ML = Marinelife

GO = Golden Octopus

etc etc.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
the royal pencil wrasse is a beautiful addition to any reef tank, but its timid and difficult to acclimate due to shyness. needs a sand bed to sleep in. can be bolder and very fierce (self experience), when given time.

the females are a uniform brown/orange.

CF has a new batch of mccosker's flasher wrasse too.

Sometimes Henry brings them in. I kept one before and it adds colour to your tank. The only problem is that its easily spooked and will end up jumping out of your tank sooner or later. Thats how mine died in the end <_<

• Senior Reefer
Sometimes Henry brings them in. I kept one before and it adds colour to your tank. The only problem is that its easily spooked and will end up jumping out of your tank sooner or later. Thats how mine died in the end <_<

it jumps even when i walk pass. a hood is definately a must

• SRC Member

• Senior Reefer
:evil: Well I was hoping that mine will commit a suicidal acrobatic jump as its body coloration faded into dark greyish tone. Heh Heh ;)

mine still very very colourful AFTER FEW MONTHS! lol

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
:evil: Well I was hoping that mine will commit a suicidal acrobatic jump as its body coloration faded into dark greyish tone. Heh Heh ;)

My retained the colour. But it does change colour when it is scared or just wake up. Will be a dull greyish kind of colour. Maybe your specimen is always scared or harassed by other fishes...