FuEl's 5 gallon pico reef

FuEl

Livestocks.

img4420s.jpg

2 x Leander plumosus shrimp.

2 x Dicordipinna griessingeri gobies.

These will be held in my other tanks first while I let this pico tank settle down.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

The gobies are really tiny! Never try bonsai scaping? :eyebrow:

Heard from CF Auntie that Tonga branching liverock are now banned for export. So I had to use normal liverock. Yes the gobies are real tiny, I am not sure if my rics will eat them. The biggest one is 4 inches in diameter. :eyebrow:

Hi Fuel Bro

Keep us update whether your 2 x Dicordipinna griessingeri gobies do fight. Mine are "fighting" all the times. Maybe both same sex.

Mine are "fighting" as well. However this does not mean they are of the same sex. When I was pairing red head gobies the dominant fish will chase the smaller fish. Turns out the bigger fish is the male.

Probably the only way to be certain is to wait for the fish to grow larger. As long as they are not doing much damage I would'nt be too worried.

hi terryz, cf still got some more :)

I see, see if can tombang a trip in this weekend..

CF. Open eyes big big sure can see one. :eyebrow:

Oh... LOL... Rarely look at shrimps... Haha... They are so uncommon in LFS... But are they feeding?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Mine are "fighting" as well. However this does not mean they are of the same sex. When I was pairing red head gobies the dominant fish will chase the smaller fish. Turns out the bigger fish is the male.

Probably the only way to be certain is to wait for the fish to grow larger. As long as they are not doing much damage I would'nt be too worried.

Hmm...I've never seen any of mine "fight", of show any form of interaction before - and that includes groups of 4-6.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

Hmm...I've never seen any of mine "fight", of show any form of interaction before - and that includes groups of 4-6.

Mine seem to be displaying to one another? Maybe it's time to get more. :upsidedown:

If the water flow from the additional hang-on filter does not seem to be sufficient, I may consider a Vortech MP10 as a normal powerhead in the tank will heat up the water. I will be hunting for a hang-on filter which can be modified to connect to a surface skimmer to remove oil film from the water surface.

bro fuel,

actually any surface skimmer will work with a hang on filter. From what I've found during the time when I was setting up my 1ft cube, there are various brands of surface skimmers in the market and most of them are catered to work with any form of pipings your HOB or external filter offers. I remember a brand including extra rubber pipes for you to fit the surface skimmer on any unfit HOB pipe! :D So no fret, should work out quite well for you (:

Anyway surface skimmer has one limitation. the floater will jam when coralline encrusts on its inside. that's all

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Got my second hang-on filter today, comes with a surface skimmer. Only cost me $7 from Colourful aquarium (at balestier). :eyebrow:

img4430v.jpg

I should be shot, I now have SPS in my tank. :rolleyes:

img4428b.jpg

Got my second hang-on filter today, comes with a surface skimmer. Only cost me $7 from Colourful aquarium (at balestier). :eyebrow:

img4430v.jpg

I should be shot, I now have SPS in my tank. :rolleyes:

img4428b.jpg

Good idea. I need to help my friend set up a low budget tank.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!