Tanggy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I share your sentiment chris, i'm combatting itch in my tank too. Damn @#$$%% but no options left but to try other medications besides marine cure, no offence to your previous post but have heard many stories so far:) Maybe trying octazin if i know where to find it.

• SRC Member
Hi jsoon,

all recovered except my 4" volitan:( still got some on him. I fed him garlic soaked market prawn every two days of feeder fish.

Damn sian man, thinking of trying Octazin.

Tried Octazin in my reef tank but doesn't help...even though Water Life wrote to me that this is most popular product compare to Myxazin...but in term of values, myxazin more value for money....

• SRC Member
Hi jsoon,

all recovered except my 4" volitan:( still got some on him. I fed him garlic soaked market prawn every two days of feeder fish.

Damn sian man, thinking of trying Octazin.

Is Octazin really effective? I am interested to get an effect medication as a precaution next time if I am getting more fish.

I can't find it. U know which LFS selling? I also heard about Myxazin.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

Let me share this with u fellow reefers,

some are gona reprimand me while others will be surprised:)

I was expecting my yellow tang to turn hostile while i added a purple tang into my 3.5footer yesterday. But instead, it was my volitan that started this violent behaviour and to my surprise, my yellow tang actually turned to shield my purple tang from being bitten for half and hour or so!!! I couldn't believe what i saw and so is my g/f.

Woke up this morning and saw the two of them feeding of the nori seaweed that i prepared, feeling very happy i left for work:)

I guess they might just be too juvenile to behave territorial. Will monitor them and keep u guys posted, well, if there are any violent activities in my tank:)

• SRC Member
Tanggy,

How do the 2 tangs (yellow and PBT) "accomodate" each other ? Mine fight like mad for territories even though I use the mirror method...

Think a lot of reefers will not like this. Okay. one tang was my and the other was from a friends tank. he was complaining that his tang too agressive and gave me. I put in my tank and my YT hoot the new comer for 2 days. Look so poor thing. But think he was trying to show whos boss. I took both out and put them in my sump with no teritiry to fight over. Now the only occasionally brush each other when they come too close. The YT has since fully recovered from the bruises.

Now they tolerate each other. My powder blue seem like cant be bother with their dispute. But now they are all together. Happy ending. All the Tangs now in my sump cos I wanna add acouple more tangs first. Since I rescape the tank so they no long have teritory. Will put them all back in when I introduce the new tangs.

hey tanggy, hope you stop getting any tangs. IMO a 3 feet is way too small for a PBT and whats more that you already have a few YT. Tangs are big schooling fish therefore they need lots of space to swim ard and a 3 footer can never be enough to house a one lets say a few. IMO you shoukld should cut down the amount of tangs you have instead of getting a few more. There are alot more other fishes which are more suitable for your reef. BTW I have kept a PBT and YT before, both doing very well but i knew that for their good, I have to pass them to other reefer who have bigger tank.

Hope you don't find me naggy but i definately don't encourage you to egt more tangs in fact i encourage you to get a few away. :lol::lol::lol:

CHEERS D_A

• Sponsor

Hi Angry,

u mean ur yellow tang shielded your purple tang from others? My 1.5 inch yellow tang also tried to shield my 2 inch purple tang when i introduced the purple tang into my tank.... but then the YT started to hit the PT with its tail and tried to corner the PT into one area.... I had to catch the PT to my quarrantine tank.... later i caught my YT and then put both into my tank with the lights off... The YT was blurred initially but then hit and bite the PT again.... i was so angry and caught the YT and put it into the quarrantine tank... now i wait for a few days before i put back the YT.... can't risk my 30 bucks PT to die with YT attacking it.... i'm puzzled that a smaller YT can attack a bigger PT....

• SRC Member
Hope you don't find me naggy but i definately don't encourage you to egt more tangs in fact i encourage you to get a few away.   

No prob DA man. I know you meant well for the Tangs. But I already have plans for either a 5ft or a 6ft for next year. So they hopefully will only have to tolerate the space for a few months.

Plus currently my tangs are around 2.5 inches, 2 YT and 1PB. They seems quite happy. Was thinking of adding another one. Maybe a Powder brown or Purple Tang. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Angry, you are welcome if you are willing to make the trip to Sengkang. Coolwater and his friend came just now to have a look liaoz. ;););)

But now the tank only got 2 cardinal and 2 cleaner shrimp inside. The tangs are in the sump together with the Maroon Clown. :o:o:o

I finally caught the Yellow Belly damsel when I was redoing the rockwork and it is in my spare tank together with the coral banded shrimp (murderer of my True Black Percula!!), a hermint and a lobster(dont know what its called red+pink+purple color one. Kill one of my cardinal). :angry::angry::angry: