GeX magical water??

arcanehacker

• SRC Member

Ok.. I've been out of the seen for way too long.. I stumbled across pics and vids on the GeX brand product which actually made saltwater and freshwater fishes live together.. apparently it was in Aquarama 2009 too..

cruel or not I don't know. Anyone knows how they did it? Wouldn't the half past 6 water salinity kill of either species or even all species?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Ok.. I've been out of the seen for way too long.. I stumbled across pics and vids on the GeX brand product which actually made saltwater and freshwater fishes live together.. apparently it was in Aquarama 2009 too..

cruel or not I don't know. Anyone knows how they did it? Wouldn't the half past 6 water salinity kill of either species or even all species?

I believe it is brackish water...where the salinity is around 1.05 to 1.010. Most fresh water fishes do and can survive in brackish water.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

anyway they did kill alot of clowns on the day of the exhibition , but probably because they never acclimatise properly , you dont even need magical water if you want to do it, just need to hypo your marine fishes to 1.010 over a 5 day period, and hyper your fresh water fishes , then do the usual acclimatisation into the ready cycled tank of 1.010 , but seriously its not good long term for the fishes and i think its butt ugly combining the 2 types of fishes

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
has something to do with oxygen nano bubbles..i think..

Oxygen nano bubbles?

Anyway I don't know about hyper-salinity on freshwater fish.. esp on goldfishes.. :eyeblur: .. I know mollies can be done because I've kept 1 for more than a yr in a marine tank. But goldfish? They are pretty sensitive and requires heavy air bubbling.. bubbling in a marine tank is kinda stupid looking..

Maybe I'm just not a freshwater fish person.. I've never successfully kept any freshwater fishes.. hehe.. yeah, not even supposedly easy neon tetras and guppies.. <_<.. they die off usually in a week or 2..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• 11 years later...

http://www.kordon.com/kordon/news/wonder-water

This is like Wonder Water and Marine Magic in the 1960s.

It contained a mixture of sucrose instead of salts to raise the salinity. Marine and most freshwater fish did not get along, and it was discontinued after a few years. There was no salt in the mix.