Basic photography notes for Newbie

Harlequinmania

Nice. If you come across any tips on WB settings for photos under LED lighting, pls post them up too :P

I find myself having to do a custom WB setting and then still have to do a WB bracketing to get the right WB.

BTW, You got your DSLR already Larry?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Nice. If you come across any tips on WB settings for photos under LED lighting, pls post them up too :P

I find myself having to do a custom WB setting and then still have to do a WB bracketing to get the right WB.

BTW, You got your DSLR already Larry?

Ya, just got myself a Sony Alpha 500 last month.. Got poison by my friend whom help me take my reef previously , didnt realize earlier that the picture taken from a DSLR can make a such great different :P

Ya, just got myself a Sony Aplha 500 last month.. Got posion by my friend whom help me take my reef previously , didnt realize eariler that the picture taken from a DSLR can make a such great different :P

nice I like Sony LCD display rotary features. very handy especially when u take top down shots of the tank :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

I heard a fresh water forum might be having a Aquarium Photography workshop soon, maybe next month.

I know they have quite a few good photographer for Aquarium. I could share if they confirmed but, will it be appropriate to post it here if there is one?

Regards,

Macrobutt

how to get the WB accurate under BLUE LED lighting. put a white cardboard into the tank then take readings from there, will this work? Currently using a Canon G9

tried already. so do not accurately reflect the true colours.

I think the whole pic turn yellowish after that.

tried already. so do not accurately reflect the true colours.

I think the whole pic turn yellowish after that.

You should use 70% grey card actually. They will turn out pretty well.

However, I still recommend using external flash, or multiple external flash if possible.

Regards,

Macrobutt

• SRC Supporter

Hi,

prehapes you can PM to me and let me know the event if there is one ?

thanks

I heard a fresh water forum might be having a Aquarium Photography workshop soon, maybe next month.

I know they have quite a few good photographer for Aquarium. I could share if they confirmed but, will it be appropriate to post it here if there is one?