becareful of buying thing from him

singleisure

Dear friends,

i need to voice something....

I bought 2 nano koralia from senior member Jameshong (forum nick)

and place it away in the store for approx 2 months , I took both out to be use in my new tank..today and

to my surprised both are not working -shaft is not spining just warping

so i message Jameshong .. but he never reply.

so what happen to me "{ you all decide)

why brother Jameshong still sell it to me at $45 for both

• Senior Reefer

bro sorry to hear. but first of all, wrong section. so have moved the thread to kopi tiam for you.

second, maybe you would like to give bro jameshong a benefit of the doubt? maybe he did not know it was spoilt as he kept for 2 months, and he was busy and didnt reply you.

senior reefers should know better than to scam someone. all the best and hope this gets clarified asap.

I kept for two months not him

bro sorry to hear. but first of all, wrong section. so have moved the thread to kopi tiam for you.

second, maybe you would like to give bro jameshong a benefit of the doubt? maybe he did not know it was spoilt as he kept for 2 months, and he was busy and didnt reply you.

senior reefers should know better than to scam someone. all the best and hope this gets clarified asap.

Sad to hear that the 2 WM arent working.

But just some thoughts...Did you check and test the pdts after you bought it hm?

Sometimes, after not working for awhile, the shaft can be stucked or something. You might need to use a small stick to move it slightly when u turned it on...

Just my 2 cents. HTH.

• Senior Reefer

oh sorry didnt read. maybe it was working but after storing for 2 months, it got a bit wonky and can't use? not supporting anyone here but it is a possibility.

Some equipment will have trouble working again if you keep in unused for too long after it has been running for some time. This is very true for pumps like Rio Hyperflow pumps. They can be running perfectly but if you take it out of water and leave it in your storeroom for some time, it can have problems running again should you decide to use it again.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

1) take out the impellar see broken not

2) on the wavemaker, poke the impellar abit to see whether it moves after that.

3) else, soak the pump in vinegar, wait for half a day and wash it clean and try starting up again.

Hello singleisure,

I sold the both pumps to you was already 2 months ago and I did give you 1 week warranty at the point of collection. So how can you tell everyone that I have sold you the defective pump :angry2: ?

Regards to the SMS, Sorry that I missed your sms yesterday nite 22.35 as I have already on bed. For the 45 buck, you called me at midnite 1205 and I have explained to you both pumps have tested before passed to you. I did offer to refund and ask you to return the pump to me for investigation as It's impossible for both pump to breakdown but you REFUSED.

FYI, I have sold many equipment here with clean record so please do not spoilt my reputation.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

One thing to note is that i have a K nano which i took out of my tank and did not use it for 3 months... tried to use it last wk for my salt mix and it doesnt spin too.. Dun think its an issue with the seller but perhapse the buyer can try the methods recommended by the bros here to "kick" start the pumps again??

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Yeah I'm had the same problem as well.. I had 1 KOralia Nano AND a bigger Koralia... I stored both for about 1-2 months before taking it out again to use in my QT Tank as I was using my 2 Tunze Nanos for my bigger tank... and both did not work, I took it apart to check whether I had fixed up the impeller correctly etc and tried to litteraly WHACK it to start but it refused to do so... so perhaps it has to do with the product itself being wonky. Do test test with what our fellow reefers here have suggested.

Cheers

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

It's not unusual for wavemaker to stop spinning after you leave it out of water for a while. Try the methods as suggested.

It's very unlikely for Jameshong, a long time senior here, to cheat you of the pumps for a mere $45 if they are not working in the first place. Further he said that he had given you one week warranty to try out but you didn't. You should have called him to clarify instead of sms-ing which he might not have read. Posting here straightaway before he could explain may not be fair to him. As he had clarified, you had refused for a refund.

I guess this is another case of the seller, did not test the equipment in the presence of the buyer. But den storing in the store for 2 months and not testing it when you reach home is weird. There is a risk if you buy 2nd hand equipments, It is best that you check and test before buying..

And Hydor product might be a bit wonky in the first place.. =X

If a refund is offered, why should you refuse the refund?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Further he said that he had given you one week warranty to try out but you didn't. You should have called him to clarify instead of sms-ing which he might not have read. Posting here straightaway before he could explain may not be fair to him. As he had clarified, you had refused for a refund.

Yeah, and no reply for 1 1/2 hours from sending out an sms is not a sign of MIA or refusal to respond, as was insinuated in the original post. A bit unfair to taint someone's name like that without giving him a chance to explain. Also, buyer should also test the item ASAP and not cry foul 2 months later. If the item was stored for 10 years and didn't work, would the seller still be responsible to him? :eyebrow:

j1EHu.jpg

I guess this is another case of the seller, did not test the equipment in the presence of the buyer.

I'm guessing the buyer requested to deal at a meet up location, not at buyer's place.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
Yeah, and no reply for 1 1/2 hours from sending out an sms is not a sign of MIA or refusal to respond, as was insinuated in the original post. A bit unfair to taint someone's name like that without giving him a chance to explain. Also, buyer should also test the item ASAP and not cry foul 2 months later. If the item was stored for 10 years and didn't work, would the seller still be responsible to him? :eyebrow:

j1EHu.jpg

I'm guessing the buyer requested to deal at a meet up location, not at buyer's place.

rofl i love your pickcher. dam funny i live your antics. must promote you already. rofl

• SRC Member
rofl i love your pickcher. dam funny i live your antics. must promote you already. rofl

Hehe.. don't get me wrong hor, I am not flaming or defending anybody. I'm just stating the obvious facts. I don't even know the seller, who knows maybe one day I will meet bro jameshong and realise that i don't like his face? :upsidedown:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Hi singleleisure

If you buy 2nd hand eqpt from Pasar Malam, the onus is on you to either

1) insist on testing the eqpt before purchase or

2) test the eqpt immediately after you reach home.

If you keep it for 2 months and it does not function, the liability should no longer be with seller.

you will need to bear it.

Hope you learnt something from this experience and that you manage to re-kickstart the K nano soon.

rgds

Jacky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

I thought we have a new "read first" message in pasar malam to educate buyers before any purchase???

How often do we have a seller giving warranty, in this case, 1 week?!?!

Without taking sides, I always make it a point to test any 2nd stuff I buy. Where possible, together with the seller so there's no dispute thereafter.

I would have taken up the refund and let the matter rest. And it's always good to tell the full story here unless it's meant as a smear campaign.

IMHO, this is quite unfair to James, though I dunno him personally.

Hopefully can resolve rationally and do the right thing.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Buying second hand item always carries risk that item cannot perform as intended. If testing was done prior to the transaction, seller and buyer agreed on the condition, i think the seller cannot be held responsible for sold item.

Similarly, if a buyer reserved a fish from someone and later when prompted said will call back to confirm and never get back, do you think the seller should pursuit and broadcast the matter? Does this ring the bell?

Just take it as a pinch of salt and reef on.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Some equipment will have trouble working again if you keep in unused for too long after it has been running for some time. This is very true for pumps like Rio Hyperflow pumps. They can be running perfectly but if you take it out of water and leave it in your storeroom for some time, it can have problems running again should you decide to use it again.

+1

IME

1) take out the impellar see broken not

2) on the wavemaker, poke the impellar abit to see whether it moves after that.

3) else, soak the pump in vinegar, wait for half a day and wash it clean and try starting up again.

+2

IME as I mostly use used items.

Terms & Condition already applied.

Cheers

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

hi bro/sis, before i say this..no offence to anyone ya :bow:

seller advertize to sell a electrical working item..

buyer respond..

its our responsibility as buyer to check n test the item on the point of transaction..

see, test, o.k..deal

case closed..pls dont cry foul when buying things n bring back home the item

without testing, when reach home item is not working

as for me..when i sell something that is a electrical working item..

i always request the buyer to come to my house to test even though he/she had

bought from me things before..they trust me..said no need..but i said it is few hundred dollars

so its best to try it out..why go through all this, is to prevent future dispute

happy buyer = happy me :)

same goes for me, when i buy electrical things..

i would request the seller for appointment viewing n testing

before i paid up n go home..

• SRC Supporter

imo, i believe the seller will not take the risk of selling u the spoil wavemaker if he knows its spoiled.

unless he himself doesnt know its spoiled.

to be fair,lets give him more time to reply u. who knows? maybe his phone isnt with him or his in a flight or something.

then again,we have such cases very often every year. so please check the goods before paying!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Similarly, if a buyer reserved a fish from someone and later when prompted said will call back to confirm and never get back, do you think the seller should pursuit and broadcast the matter? Does this ring the bell?

Just take it as a pinch of salt and reef on.

Who are?????/ :angry2: Got good reputation or not? At least have the courtesy to reply you mah whether want or not.

As from my past experience, I did sell a pump in working condition yet the seller claimed not working and returned it to me. When I received the item and test again. It was in perfect working condition. Then I sold to the next buyer and have no issue.

Lesson learnt - For electrical items, must test in front of end-user. Unless end-user willing to accept no warranty. This is not applicable to reefer who is closed to you. Buyer and seller have their responsibilities when closing a deal.