Cyclop-eeze

marinakid

think no one carries them any more but iwarna may at time has them...once in the blue moon, i got mine from them.....just keep a lookout but be prepared to fork out 3 digits for one pack or wait for ppl to share. My understanding is the stock runs out fast. Hope this help.

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

get frozen ones, better.

dried ones, be it flakes or not, always float into overflow even after prolong soaking.

perhaps we could stress more to LFS to bring in more when theres better demand.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

What do you guys usually use cyclop-eeze for? I find it pretty effective to get fishes to feed. However, it may cause algae bloom if not fed in controlled amounts.

I DIYed a small feeder "perimeter" with egg crate to keep the food within the area till its all taken up by the fishes, so it doesn't flow to the filter immediately.

• SRC Member

What do you guys usually use cyclop-eeze for? I find it pretty effective to get fishes to feed. However, it may cause algae bloom if not fed in controlled amounts.

I DIYed a small feeder "perimeter" with egg crate to keep the food within the area till its all taken up by the fishes, so it doesn't flow to the filter immediately.

hi "eugene",

i feed it to fish thats more picky but i seldom use it. and for corals as well. my supersun in the past respond very well to it.

and yes, they are very nutritious which mean its bad for the water! and if u realise, ur skimmer will stop skimming for a while after feeding them as they are very oil rich.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

hi "eugene",

i feed it to fish thats more picky but i seldom use it. and for corals as well. my supersun in the past respond very well to it.

and yes, they are very nutritious which mean its bad for the water! and if u realise, ur skimmer will stop skimming for a while after feeding them as they are very oil rich.

Yea, pretty much the same for me. The fishes literally go crazy when cyclop-eeze goes into the tank.

• SRC Member

I agree with a few bros that posted earlier on the dry cyclop-eeze going bad even before much is used. I usually transfer the whole can into a air-tight container to make it last longer. So far so good.

yeah thats the bad thing about it, i use a air tight container and put it in frige. only once in a while take some from it to pamper the fish.

and if someone is into camera and has a dry cabinet. can consider putting those food in too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

not easy to get frozen cyclop nowsday due to the price increase, many LFS is not willing to carry stocks for it.. Been searching around for it, even AM stop selling the frozen cyclop now.

hear lfs bringing in......to be confirmed.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Supporter

btw just wondering if anyone knows how long cyclopeeze can last in the freezer?

As far as i know there is no expire date for it :P I use to have one pack from irwanna which i use for 2 years !shocked.gif

Hi, All,

Dry cyclope always float, many don't like it. however, i used my "chicken Essence" bottle to scope tank water, put 1 spoon of cyclope into it. keep in my fridge fromafter > 6 hour all cyclope settled on the ground, then start feeding, please try out, very good result.

thks for sharing.

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Supporter

Hi, All,

Dry cyclope always float, many don't like it. however, i used my "chicken Essence" bottle to scope tank water, put 1 spoon of cyclope into it. keep in my fridge fromafter > 6 hour all cyclope settled on the ground, then start feeding, please try out, very good result.

Great info indeed.. eyebrow.gif