Any medicine or vitamic for our coral???

goodman123

• SRC Member

Bro, your question is too vague la. Different corals have different requirements. It is hard to answer that, but I'll bite:

The health of your corals depend largely on good water parameters, good lighting and good flow. If you don't settle that first, any amount of additives will not help.

Medicine is not used in the tank for coral health, but what I can think of for now is coral dips like Coral RX, Furan 2 or similar products that are used to remove parasites from corals. As for vitamins, I've had some success with vitamin C (ascorbic acid) dosing, corals seem to recover their colours faster and appear healthy.

Before you start dosing all kinds of funny additives, it is more important for you to maintain stable water parameters. Your tank is less than a month old and you've just started this hobby, so no point thinking so far ahead - the fun in the hobby comes from hands on learning. Don't run before you learn to walk ;)

• Like 1

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

"its me again"...haha...actually u can combine all yr questions into one post...

we can only give u vague recommendations....

so far, a few good brands of additives u can look out for...like brightwell, prodibo, caribsea, marc weiss, etc...u can check out www.reefdepot.com.sg or AM website...

my advice for nano reefers...keep yr tank as simple as possible n try not to dose so much additives...frankly, all u need is to use good quality saltmix and change yr water regularly...yr corals and fishes will be healthy and colourful...

u can check out www.nano-reef.com...

rmb to say thank you...will ask u out for LFS gathering one of these days n u pay for the lunch ok?...haha...

• Like 1
l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

my advice for nano reefers...keep yr tank as simple as possible n try not to dose so much additives...frankly, all u need is to use good quality saltmix and change yr water regularly...yr corals and fishes will be healthy and colourful...

I cannot agree enough with this statement! :D

For nano tanks, weekly water change of 10 to 20% with a good salt mix should be sufficient to replace all the depleted elements. It's not a lot of effort, just 1 bucket of water a week.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

im someone who believe in amino and vitamin dosing. all living things need amino and vitamin, only depends on how much is required. some living organism can produce their very own amino and vitamin, whereas others only able to obtain it by consuming other organisms.

kent marine got a range of vitamins for u to choose.

and zeovit's amino acid is good. theres 2 kind of amino from zeovit, one is just aminoacid and the other aminoacid LPS. it was said that LPS's ones has a better effect towards LPS.

and no need to apologise, if got qns, just shoot.

• Like 1

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||