Flaring Naoki wrasse

• SRC Member

very nice but not at its climax yet. when fully excited, you will see the head turn white and so will some of the dorsal fin. a very nice fish.

Thanks wrasse guru.haha, he's my first fairy wrasse.like waited so damn long. this is the fist time since i got him that he does this,now i know why u guys get so excited when u see wrasses flashing. damn ive been missing out on the action.

• Senior Reefer

Thanks wrasse guru.haha, he's my first fairy wrasse.like waited so damn long. this is the fist time since i got him that he does this,now i know why u guys get so excited when u see wrasses flashing. damn ive been missing out on the action.

not a wrasse guru lah. hehe. just very passionate about this genus.

naokoaes used to be very rare, but recently seeing alot of them. there are a handful at henry's and coral farm now.

they belong to the social wrasse complex, thus the elongated first spine in the dorsal fin.

yes you will be even more excited when you see this little guy flash to its max. each fairy wrasse flash differently, that's what makes them so special! collect them all to see them flash hehe.

• SRC Member

lol gratz on your beautiful purchase! :) Yupz, really get a :yeah: kick when your wrasses start flashing for the first time

Thanks for sharing. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

Are fairy wrasses notorious for jumping? Lost one when it jumped into another compartment.

yes. fairy and flasher wrasses are very famous for jumping. one of the leading cause of death in most aquariums is because of jumping from an uncovered tank.

yes. fairy and flasher wrasses are very famous for jumping. one of the leading cause of death in most aquariums is because of jumping from an uncovered tank.

that is why I cannot keep wrasses :(

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• 2 weeks later...