1 ft cube , wat wavemaker to use

gerrard_boon

• SRC Member

hi guys,

i juz set up a 1ft tank, need a additional pump as a wavemaker as current hob(300litre/hr) not strong enough. any recommendation???

anyway Mp10 out of my budget at the moment. thanks

you could try adding another 300l/hr wavemaker..

i dont think there's another wavemaker with flowrate lower than the hydor nano (900l/hr)

alternatively if u feel that if the flowrate is too strong,

you can always direct the flow towards the glass to "reduce" the flowrate..

but like what jacky said,

shouldnt be a problem...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

My Tunze reefpack return pump is 900lph. definitely not strong even for a 1ft cube.

and I believe the K nano has a wider flow. So absolutely no cause for concern.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

My Tunze reefpack return pump is 900lph. definitely not strong even for a 1ft cube.

and I believe the K nano has a wider flow. So absolutely no cause for concern.

Is the 900l/h based on full media? maybe not. yeah seems like the output is not as strong. k nano should be ok, better than the tunze nano. just to share, the mod that I had to do in my tunze nano to prevent sandstorms was to insert an additional plastic mesh between the output nozzle and the mesh cover, helping to reduce the output.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

K-nano should be okay.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Take care now that you have an anemone, becuase if the wavemaker is too strong then the anemone will start moving around, then suddenly one morning you wake up and see you tank like a blended "mikshake" with the anemone being sucked into the wavemaker and then blended to bits. Of course your livestock will mostly go up lorry and then you have to restart again.

Please protect your wavemaker against accidently sucking in of the anemone. On websites, there will be several suggestions, please read through and consider before you regret.

thanks for the help guys. going to get one k nano. will upload photos to share when i have the time.

Looking forward to it, Gerard!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!