Hailea Chiller

Underwater

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

I intend to get a Hailea Chiller 500a for my 4ft due to budget. There are limited info in the net and got two nice bros who were kind enough to share their thoughts with me. As it's not cheap also, before i commit, hope can hear more thoughts/experience from bros and sis here?

And some questions i have:

1. Can this set it be adjusted to have a difference of 2 degrees? e.g. 26-28 degrees

2. Is the compressor really made by Mitsubishi and comes with titanium coil?

3. I know this is subjective but it is noisy like those mini fridges in yr opinion?

4. Heard of internal temp sensor problem with hailea set previously, does this set has this problem too?

Comments on any of the above are much appreciated. Thanks for helping. :)

answer

1.) the set degree is at1 different only

2.) not sure bout the make by who but for sure it titanium coil

3.) for 500a is very quite u don't even notice it on in the day

4.) not the internal thermostat got problem is the regtangular water box is standing upright and the thermostat is at the bottom,

so cold water will be at the bottom that why the box cool faster than the output water

i've fixed up the ext thermostat to have a more accurate temp of the tank

bro, no best pump lar. However, ehiem is reliable. You can use 1262. The flowrate should be 2400L to 3500L, taking into headloss, etc. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

And some questions i have:

1. Can this set it be adjusted to have a difference of 2 degrees? e.g. 26-28 degrees

2. Is the compressor really made by Mitsubishi and comes with titanium coil?

3. I know this is subjective but it is noisy like those mini fridges in yr opinion?

4. Heard of internal temp sensor problem with hailea set previously, does this set has this problem too?

I have had good experiences with Hailea chillers, they do some oem manufacturing for AquaMedic and GEX also.

All models come with titanium coils, but the compressors are usually not Mitsubishi, though they are

of very good quality for that price.

Hailea chillers are about 1/3 or less of the price of the premium brands, Artica, Teco etc, and in my honest opinion

they are great value for money.

I've not had any problems with the internal temp probes, but you need to ensure your flow rate is in the recommended range or slightly higher (otherwise consider an external thermostat for around $80.)

They are most likely very slightly noiser than mini fridges at worst, but not by much, I've ran two 1/10HP Haileas in my bedroom with no problem.

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the info, bros. Think i'll go ahead to get this set. The only doubt should be the set temp.

If this set can only set temp difference of only 1 degree, wonder would the chiller kick start and stop too often. I thought 2 degrees different would be better to delay the on/off and better for the chiller also? Though good thing i can think of is the chiller need not run too long each time.

• SRC Member

Thanks Bro Steven, already pm you. :)

Finally got my hailea chiller, the friendly supplier even installed for me at my place. Indeed, a nice piece of equipment at very good price and rather silent in operation (my tank lightset with build in fan is even noiser).

The only issue i faced was that the chiller sensor temp reading is always a degree lower than my tank temp...wonder why? Pump is 3100 l/hr which should be within the recommended flowrate range of 1200-3000 l/hr.