Binosage's Nano 2.0

albinosage

• SRC Member

Hahaha yah, that's the <2" inch YT I bought from SL after we had chicken rice that day. Cedric kept poisoning me with the benefits of keeping a small YT.... eat algae lah, cute lah, colour very bright la, eyes very nice lah... and I caved dry.gif

Lol... hahaha.. who wunt cave to such cute YT?!!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Did a rescape yesterday, as always it is an hour or two arranging the rocks and many hours more cleaning up :blink:

First, pics of the Bubble Magus cone skimmer which was delivered by Kevin last Saturday!

post-15730-12722530095043_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530123774_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530136171_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530070439_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722532257528_thumb.jpg

Still a lot of micro bubbles right now, hopefully they will disappear after the skimmer breaks in. Second last pic shows skimmate 10 hours after switching on.

Overall, the skimmer is very well built and solid. The subtle cosmetic finishing like notches and numbers for tuning the water level, rubber seal at the neck of the collection cup and the embossed logo on the cover really leaves a very good impression. Performance wise, will have to wait for it to actually pull skimmate before I pass judgement.

Video of the skimmer in operation, for those of you with bubble fetish (Sorry for low quality of the vid. I shot in HD, but only have Windows Movie Maker in the office computer)... Skip to the 45 second mark to see the amount of micro bubbles in the sump:

Specs from BM website: Bubble Magus Protein Skimmer BM-NAC3.5

WOW!

nice skimmer! hahaha keep us updated with its performance eh!

2 thumbs for DE to bring this range of product in! woohoo! :D

Anyway who's kevin? hahaha

nice tank bino! keep it up! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Anyway who's kevin? hahaha

The other guy from DE Lightings...

If Razali is Dr Evil then I suppose his partner is:

RobertWagner3.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

bino the pics are great the tank setup is GREAt, the zoos ARE NICE... the YT is so cute.. LOL hahaahahah very nice, small and cute and neat setup.. I LIKEY!!!!!!!!

Eh,... u know hor... you should have bought the remaining Candy basslet @ RB.. AHAHAHAHAH it's PERFECT for a nano tank.. :)

LOL

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

hi bino, seriously a very cool neat clean tank by Dr. evil! :) hmm is the purple hue from the LED?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

hi bino, seriously a very cool neat clean tank by Dr. evil! :) hmm is the purple hue from the LED?

nope. Bino has coraline algae growing on his camera lens.

Too much strontium.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Lol... depends on where the coraline are from?!

white coraline??? yikes.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Eh,... u know hor... you should have bought the remaining Candy basslet @ RB.. AHAHAHAHAH it's PERFECT for a nano tank.. :)

In a brief moment of insanity last night, I did think of that! LOL! Clarity prevails haha.

It is a combination of a lot of factors. But mainly it's reflected light from my coralline rocks. Check out the pics of corals in the earlier post on rocks without coralline, they look normal.

The Maxspect LED on its own has a slight purple hue, and I find that the camera is sensitive to the blue LEDs which can be invisible to the naked eye. Example below, the 2 pics are shot at the same setting a few seconds apart, only difference is that I shifted the camera 3cm to the left to get the pink zoa, and picked up the blue and screwed up the second picture.

post-15730-12722684614293_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722684649531_thumb.jpg

Pay no attention to Ray and Jacky, they are lost in their own inside joke :eyebrow:.

nice, simple, and mean set-up you got there bino ! :eyebrow:

Thank you! This tank will be my new toy for quite a while... I've neglected my other hobbies ever since I started planning for this lol.

nope. Bino has coraline algae growing on his camera lens.

Too much strontium.

You didn't know? Purple-up is a highly recommended lens cleaner :upsidedown:

Lol... depends on where the coraline are from?!

I dunno what to interpret from this... is it some PG13 joke? Damn, Ah Siang's influence is too strong...

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

It is a combination of a lot of factors. But mainly it's reflected light from my coralline rocks. Check out the pics of corals in the earlier post on rocks without coralline, they look normal.

The Maxspect LED on its own has a slight purple hue, and I find that the camera is sensitive to the blue LEDs which can be invisible to the naked eye. Example below, the 2 pics are shot at the same setting a few seconds apart, only difference is that I shifted the camera 3cm to the left to get the pink zoa, and picked up the blue and screwed up the second picture.

3 words lah.... your WB setting!

• SRC Member

3 words lah.... your WB setting!

Haha, no way man, I tried all custom WB settings one by one from 5000+K till 10,000K, that is the closest I get to what my eyes see. Dunno about your 110W cos it is in a mixed array, but my 60W actually casts blue splotches of light in the middle. I've shot Peace's tank with no such problem with custom WB.

And what are these other hobbies :eyebrow:

DVD and books, scale modeling :paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Haha, no way man, I tried all custom WB settings one by one from 5000+K till 10,000K, that is the closest I get to what my eyes see. Dunno about your 110W cos it is in a mixed array, but my 60W actually casts blue splotches of light in the middle. I've shot Peace's tank with no such problem with custom WB.

no.... 5k to 10k is not custom WB setting.

It is preset WB setting.

Custom WB setting, you need to take use set WB using a particular photo.

If I can find that photo of mine that I use, will send ot you.

Just import to your card and use that to custom set your WB.

*Another method is to take RAW photo and process it till it matches your actual tank then use that to set WB.

• SRC Member

Huh are you kidding me or is this for real? I always recognise the setting of kelvins from 2.5k to 10k as range of WB, I usually shoot, check the LCD, then turn up a notch and shoot again until I get the right one. For serious, my sensor reads different WB settings from different parts of the tank. There is not 1 single setting I can preset. :blink:

Usually I don't use the videographer's method of using a white card to set the WB, cos that is quite unreliable IMO. I never had such problems before using the LEDs.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Huh are you kidding me or is this for real? I always recognise the setting of kelvins from 2.5k to 10k as range of WB, I usually shoot, check the LCD, then turn up a notch and shoot again until I get the right one. For serious, my sensor reads different WB settings from different parts of the tank. There is not 1 single setting I can preset. :blink:

Usually I don't use the videographer's method of using a white card to set the WB, cos that is quite unreliable IMO. I never had such problems before using the LEDs.

your lighting is prob in the region of 20k not 10k.

k k dun argue.

let me try to look for the photo. you try and let me know if it is better.

Okay okay thanks! PM me the pics la, I might be missing something here, blur liao :blink:

Cannot find.... I gotta try again to capture a WB photo.

ok try this photo

after you set balance with this photo, it tends to be a bit more green.

On you camera, just increase the blue colour setting by about 70%.

The other guy from DE Lightings...

If Razali is Dr Evil then I suppose his partner is:

RobertWagner3.jpg

oh! haha dr. octopus? is that that guy? hahaha :P

ohh there are candy basslets at RB? omg how much are they for?! :(

and nice zoas bino! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

Okay thanks, if this works, it changes everything! A photographer even told me that my only choice (when shooting under blue light only) is to stack orange filter to compensate :rolleyes:

But seriously, the recent pictures are as close as possible to what the tank looks like already. It is purplish IRL.

Will sms you later if I fail :upsidedown:.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey