Binosage's Nano 2.0

albinosage

• SRC Member

The tank arrived last Saturday! First pics of DElighting's pet project below:

post-15730-12716434383817_thumb.jpg post-15730-12716434465328_thumb.jpg

Ignore the rock scaping, I just threw everything in and stacked up, too tired to do anything else till next week :/

My thoughts on the tank? A lot of thought went into the design and planning of it and Dr Evil was very kind to accommodate my many requests like door hinge of the opposite side of the cabinet, and a wooden laminate (long story, my gf's mom asked for it, but end up not liking it and said I should have gone with black or white - which was what I wanted originally! :cry2:).

It's no secret that the look is heavily influenced by the Elos Mini, but there are a lot of minor improvements to the tank design, mainly the sump and overflow box, which is made from laser-cut acrylic. The size and volume is slightly larger too, at 18x18x18" compared to Elos' 17x17x16" (20 gallon). But of course the best part of all is the 3 sided crystal glass display (compared to Elos's 1 side)!

post-15730-12716434496418_thumb.jpg post-15730-12716434520574_thumb.jpg post-15730-12716434353824_thumb.jpg

Frankly, I had my doubts at first that the key Elos features like the ultra thin silicon on the braceless tank and the overflow box can be successfully replicated and would be happy to settle for thicker silicon to compensate for the braceless design, and maybe a simple overflow box. but when the tank arrived, I was totally blown away! The workmanship is ultra clean and precise, comparable or even better than Elos, and the cabinet is solid and sturdy. :shock:

Long story short, I'm a happy camper. Couldn't be more satisfied by the tank. WIll post more pics once the corals "un-stress" themselves as I did a direct transfer of live rocks and filter media from the old tank to the new one.

post-15730-12716434432632_thumb.jpg

Oh yah my only complaint is that Dr Evil promised to give me a shocking pink background, but I only got black Omaya sticker hahahaha :upsidedown:

My old tank thread here:

JBJ 24G Nanocube

• Like 1

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Finally here.

looks very nice bro!

you must be very happy.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

overall looks awesome....

if u can remove those frag plugs will be nicer...there r epoxy sold in home fix that is meant for aquarium use which u can stick yr sps directly on the rocks...looks more natural...anyway...once yr sps grows the plugs may not be obvious anymore...

l7304smr.jpg

so what skimmer will you be using?

Also you are using the rubber hose in your sump. Any chance that they might get bent and choke?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

eh.. your photo taking skills 5ucks... lol.. why so purple one??? hahahaha

+1

• SRC Member

Thanks for the compliments, but I don't deserve it cos I only bought it, not design it hahaha, the hard work goes to Dr Evil and the worker from Iwarna who delivered and help set it up.

Haha the rock scape is not final, I just threw everything in and don't want to stress the corals further by moving the rocks around. Will have a rescape after everything settles down.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

SWEETTTT!!!!

eh.. your photo taking skills 5ucks... lol.. why so purple one??? hahahaha

Lazy to switch white balance when shooting inside and outside the tank lah! Hahaha, and I was drunk while snapping pics too :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Lol... i'm sure you like my post.. hahaha...

yeah. now I know how to type A55. lol.....

• SRC Member

Thanks kanegan! Anyway come to think of it yah, I only had the 24G for 1 year plus hahaha. Prior to that I was playing around with my office 4ft and 12G tank before getting onto SRC to find out why there's so much algae growth :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

saw a mini magus skimmer just came in today at iwarna. is that yours? *grin* :) it looks so cool and nice! great tank by the way bino :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Hmm... maybe we can look forward to a lelong sale for this new tank next year then! :eyebrow:

Not using a a skimmer in this one?

Hahaha no more changes bro, very satisfied with this tank. I think I can get several good years of viewing pleasure out of this.

It is pretty nice... The cabinet looks out of place.. :upsidedown::peace:

You using Black Sand too?

Yup black sand, a mix of Iwarna volcanic live sand, Nature's ocean and Caribsea... Note to others who want to use different sand: The texture of the sand is completely different and is not as nice as using just one single type :(

Anyway you still wanna rub it in ah regarding the cabinet hahahaha. It is nice on its own la, but I must first satisfy the wants of the family... Gf's mom wants a matching chiller cabinet now, says she wants to put flower vase on it -_-

Nice ... Looks very neat and clean bro :)

Thanks!

saw a mini magus skimmer just came in today at iwarna. is that yours? *grin* :) it looks so cool and nice! great tank by the way bino :)

Wow you are really a honorary resident at Iwarna sia... How did you know that's mine?

skimmer specially indent for Bino...Mini Cone skimmer. Cool ah...

Woohoo! It's here! Thanks! Looking forward to it!

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Anyway you still wanna rub it in ah regarding the cabinet hahahaha. It is nice on its own la, but I must first satisfy the wants of the family... Gf's mom wants a matching chiller cabinet now, says she wants to put flower vase on it sleep.gif

next thing you will hear is... "wha that day i saw this lionfish very nice so you go buy one put in your tank ok?"

lol..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

let me introduce them the fu man chu lionfish at ah beng. i m sure they will like it, hehehezz.. :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

Yup black sand, a mix of Iwarna volcanic live sand, Nature's ocean and Caribsea... Note to others who want to use different sand: The texture of the sand is completely different and is not as nice as using just one single type :(

Anyway you still wanna rub it in ah regarding the cabinet hahahaha. It is nice on its own la, but I must first satisfy the wants of the family... Gf's mom wants a matching chiller cabinet now, says she wants to put flower vase on it -_-

Haha, I am mixing Nature's Ocean and CaribSea for my new tank...

Flower on top of the chiller cabinet? The water will be quite warm bah...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp