Binosage's Nano 2.0

albinosage

• SRC Member

Yup Jacky you are right about the noise reduction. Only thing is that the silence is canceled out by my use of filter sock, so there's no sponge or wool to reduce the sound when it hits the sump haha.

Siang, Dr Evil dropped by my place last night with the BM skimmer... we opened up the carton together and admired the skimmer until we found the body cracked from shipping -_- . I'll get a replacement in a few days.

And yah, hahaha my scape always very skinny with minimal rocks one...

your rockscape is Zen style...

nice of dr evil to come by yr place to help u install....i will be ordering BM from him...model NAC66 running on 2 pumps...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Hahahaha, maybe you didn't know cos you are so used to large tanks that nano tanks are too small for your eyes to notice lol. :D

dun say that lah, i started from small also. smaller than urs. 10gallon only. ^_^

but i really like ur set up. wahla wahla

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Did a rescape yesterday, as always it is an hour or two arranging the rocks and many hours more cleaning up :blink:

First, pics of the Bubble Magus cone skimmer which was delivered by Kevin last Saturday!

post-15730-12722530095043_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530123774_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530136171_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722530070439_thumb.jpg post-15730-12722532257528_thumb.jpg

Still a lot of micro bubbles right now, hopefully they will disappear after the skimmer breaks in. Second last pic shows skimmate 10 hours after switching on.

Overall, the skimmer is very well built and solid. The subtle cosmetic finishing like notches and numbers for tuning the water level, rubber seal at the neck of the collection cup and the embossed logo on the cover really leaves a very good impression. Performance wise, will have to wait for it to actually pull skimmate before I pass judgement.

Video of the skimmer in operation, for those of you with bubble fetish (Sorry for low quality of the vid. I shot in HD, but only have Windows Movie Maker in the office computer)... Skip to the 45 second mark to see the amount of micro bubbles in the sump:

Specs from BM website: Bubble Magus Protein Skimmer BM-NAC3.5

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

wow really a lot of microbubbles....

hope it gets better with the run in and cotton filter in the sump.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Ur micro bubbles very tok kong... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

New tank pic, including the custom built chiller housing:

post-15730-12722547122227_thumb.jpg

Pic of the overflow compartment:

post-15730-12722547272049_thumb.jpg

Laser cut acrylic cover for the overflow:

post-15730-12722547244058_thumb.jpg

Maxspect 60W LED clipped onto the tank (I'm glad I kept this light fixture, it looks very minimalist and sleek on the tank :P ):

post-15730-12722547196889_thumb.jpg

Yellow tang, bought under peer pressure from cedricang :pirate: :

post-15730-12722547435531_thumb.jpg

FTS!!!

post-15730-12722547023015_thumb.jpg

Any comments on the scape? I love the large flat live rock (14"!!!), I can't think of any other way to use it. Quite cool as a "shelf" for my frags as it is right now lol.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

did u place yr skimmer with the return pump?

The return pump is in a different compartment, on the right. The skimmer is in the same compartment as the chiller pump (cold water goes to last compartment). Any problems that might arise from that? Seems okay to me so far.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

New tank pic, including the custom built chiller housing:

post-15730-12722547122227_thumb.jpg

Pic of the overflow compartment:

post-15730-12722547272049_thumb.jpg

Laser cut acrylic cover for the overflow:

post-15730-12722547244058_thumb.jpg

Maxspect 60W LED clipped onto the tank (I'm glad I kept this light fixture, it looks very minimalist and sleek on the tank :P ):

post-15730-12722547196889_thumb.jpg

FTS!!!

Any comments on the scape? I love the large flat live rock (14"!!!), I can't think of any other way to use it. Quite cool as a "shelf" for my frags as it is right now lol.

looks good :D

l7304smr.jpg

FTS!!!

Always better to get stable fishes from reefers. I have no regret getting mine from Norman.

The FTS looks great. Very nice!

Coralline algae lah! noob :eyebrow:

lol.....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

looks good :D

Thank youse many many :D

I like the scape! :) like u said, lots of room to place frags.

Yea, the maxspect's really sleek and powderful :whistle

Hahaha yah man, organic frag rack. I'm just placing all small zoa frags there and let them grow on their own.

Always better to get stable fishes from reefers. I have no regret getting mine from Norman.

The FTS looks great. Very nice!

Hahaha yah, that's the <2" inch YT I bought from SL after we had chicken rice that day. Cedric kept poisoning me with the benefits of keeping a small YT.... eat algae lah, cute lah, colour very bright la, eyes very nice lah... and I caved <_<

Why does it still look so small.. LOL...

The scaping is very minimalist...

What looks small? Anyway I'm not very happy with the scape yet, the large rock protrudes too much to the front, and the bottom half is now very dark when I take photos LOL! I think I will end up like Jacky, do 10 rescapes a year :eyebrow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

splendid :) nice!

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

What looks small? Anyway I'm not very happy with the scape yet, the large rock protrudes too much to the front, and the bottom half is now very dark when I take photos LOL! I think I will end up like Jacky, do 10 rescapes a year :eyebrow:

Haha... The tank lor...

Perfectionist... :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

splendid :) nice!

Thank you!

Haha... The tank lor...

1.5ft cube mah, what were you expecting haha... Maybe my gf's mom will put a flower pot on the empty space when I get back tonight, can take a pic for you to see the scale haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey