1ft cube mania

gerrard_boon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice tank there, may I know how spec for your tank? Also have a 1 ft cube but am new to marine browsing around to see if there is anyway to improve my tank. Thanks

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

well.....my tank is 1ft.....running a hob filter with a iceprobe mounted and a small amount of np pellets and occasionally some pura complete to clear the water. a k-nano to create waves and a 18w PL light at the moment(going to change to PAR 38 LED veri veri soon!) topping up of distilled water everyday and water change(NSW) of 20 to 50%(depend on mood...haha) everyweek. U can also use kimkim's and fuel's tank thread as reference as they have abt the same size tank as us.......

well.....my tank is 1ft.....running a hob filter with a iceprobe mounted and a small amount of np pellets and occasionally some pura complete to clear the water. a k-nano to create waves and a 18w PL light at the moment(going to change to PAR 38 LED veri veri soon!) topping up of distilled water everyday and water change(NSW) of 20 to 50%(depend on mood...haha) everyweek. U can also use kimkim's and fuel's tank thread as reference as they have abt the same size tank as us.......

Nice setup... do you mind pm me how much u bought the iceprobe (keen in getting as my family grumbling about the fan noise, is the iceprobe noisy?) Right now, trying topup method with my pet bottle to see if that is viable. I will reference on kimkim's and fuel's thread too. Many thanks

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, finally finished my exams and back with some updates..damm ...had a major mishap recently..tried to epoxy some new liverock in my tank but the powder produced by the epoxy killed my royal gramma and 2 shrimp . spotlight was only survivor and luckily most of the corals still surviving. had to do a 100% water change coz i was so afraid the tank would crash!! well enough of my stories...let the pics roll....

FTS...new rockscape..

post-5442-12754013348628_thumb.jpg

very nice yumas... purple, green, pink, orange.... thumbsup.gif

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Thanks for sharing, care to share more of your tank specs?

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

sure..relatively simple setup i have.... currently using a 24watt white blue PL tube(useless lighting....my zoas forever stretching...PAR 38 where r u!!!)a iceprobe mounted on a hob filter to keep the temp stable.....(dun get the temp controller for those guys interested....the lowest temp i can get is abt 28.5) a koralia nano as a wavemaker and not using skimmer...weekly change of NSW 30 to 50%(depend on mood) and using small amt of NP pellet to keep nitrate and phosphate down(find it quite effective...i dun test for nitrate nor phosphate....but i dun see any significant growth of algae...)

got some new stuff and a some freebies from a nice soon to be ex-reefer today, hopefully he will will take away the "ex" from his reefing status so i can return the favour by returning some frags to him..

my yellow wrasse went missing after i add the new zoas in the tank...mia for a few hrs already..abit worried now...dun noe whether already rip or juz hiding only..any one encounter this b4?

green zoas(the zoas are not fully opened up but those that opened ..can already see the stunning greens)

post-5442-12757489150178_thumb.jpg

sorry for the lousy photos...(lousy camera phone on a lousy photographer=very lousy pics...

i think thats a monti???

eagle eye with xenia...dun noe wat the ex-owner treat the eagle eye one....all veri veri stunning...!)

post-5442-12757490275281_thumb.jpg

another zoa.....fantastic colour for all his zoas...

post-5442-12757491439031_thumb.jpg

i got quite a few pieces of this zoa....most likely gonna sell away 1 or 2 piece..

i'm also helping the ex-reefer to clear away his remaining stock..got a sea cucumber,hermit and a pink anthia selling for great price(dun noe if it is the Lyretail or not.,)..those interested ...feel free to pm me..

nice FTS gerrard. very well filled up.

When's your new light coming?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!