SRC BBQ Gathering on 28th May 2010

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Thanks to SRC, Larry for organizing this gathering.

My family enjoyed the food and company especially my 2 kids who managed to have some time to mingle with Iskay and some bros after they have recovered from the long walk (Daddy park at the wrong car park :thumbdown:).

For me, I only manages to mingle after I completed filling up the stomach of my family (including myself). It was great to meet Binosage, Stevenkoh and Qiang for the very first time and to catch up with Cedric, Desi & Ketchup, Dr Evil, Seet, Aquarium Artist, RedDevil, Lemon, Weisheng, Belle, FuEl etc.

Overall the event is :welldone: .

Thanks again Larry. :ThanxSmiley:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hey it was great meeting you guys too! :friends:

Thanks Larry for making this event a success.

Also, thank you Lemon for the Sony™ lemon custard tart, Desi for making the tiramisu instead of charcoal muffins, Gouldian for stationing himself at the BBQ pit with cooking duties despite the humid weather and other reefers who brought drinks and makan.

It was nice meeting you guys :yahoo:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Yeah thanks larry for organising.. leslie and I love the cheese taiwan sausages!!!

gouldian great job on the BBQing of the chicken wings... not that chao tah and hot and crispy.. yummmm next time I know who to call to BBQ

Lemon, the lemon tart would be aawweesome if it had the merengue on top but nvm, next time make again ok? smile.gif but I like sour stuff so without the merengue is still ok by my standards! tongue.gif

I finally meet ducados, stevenkoh and Iskay! tongue.gif Btw, where's the pic when Cedric and leslie had their butt burning due to the BBQ behind...hee hee hee.

And bino, I will always make tiramisu... as long as you guys don't get sick of it... LOL Don't worry, the chacoal muffins are for my own personal consumption.. I will not inflict unnecessary digestive issues for the rest of the populace! friends.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Yeah thanks larry for organising.. leslie and I love the cheese taiwan sausages!!!

gouldian great job on the BBQing of the chicken wings... not that chao tah and hot and crispy.. yummmm next time I know who to call to BBQ

Lemon, the lemon tart would be aawweesome if it had the merengue on top but nvm, next time make again ok? smile.gif but I like sour stuff so without the merengue is still ok by my standards! tongue.gif

I finally meet ducados, stevenkoh and Iskay! tongue.gif Btw, where's the pic when Cedric and leslie had their butt burning due to the BBQ behind...hee hee hee.

And bino, I will always make tiramisu... as long as you guys don't get sick of it... LOL Don't worry, the chacoal muffins are for my own personal consumption.. I will not inflict unnecessary digestive issues for the rest of the populace! friends.gif

When have kids around, naturally will ensure that food will be cooked and at the same time not Chao Tar. :eyebrow: Anyway, BBQ is therapeutic for me. :yahoo:

By the way, I finally manages to try your tiramisu :score:

Hey Lemon, your tart is your own DIY project? It was good too.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

ya it indeed so nice to meet up with all of u the first time. Though happen to meet at some LFS before :groupwavereversed:

Too bad my baby girl didn't come along

maybe sooner or later we'll held something like this again??

Think best of all next time Larry organise with contribution as well, cause everything don't come cheap.

I don't mind for this

• SRC Supporter

I am glad that everyone enjoy the foods and the Beers / Wine and drinks, and it was nice meeting all of you guys there as well. Thanks to steven for coming so early and helping out on starting the fire, we will not have the chance of chao Tar BBQ without him LOL.. welldone.gif

Too bad that reefer like law, jacky, reaper78 and others that couldn't turn up on that day, maybe we should another SRC outing next time groupwavereversed.gif ...

Thanks to some of our sponsors and friends that take time off to join us in the BBQ as well :)

• SRC Supporter

I am glad that everyone enjoy the foods and the Beers / Wine and drinks, and it was nice meeting all of you guys there as well. Thanks to steven for coming so early and helping out on starting the fire, we will not have the chance of chao Tar BBQ without him LOL.. welldone.gif

Too bad that reefer like law, jacky, reaper78 and others that couldn't turn up on that day, maybe we should another SRC outing next time groupwavereversed.gif ...

Thanks to some of our sponsors and friends that take time off to join us in the BBQ as well smile.gif

Not forgetting our camera man Weisheng for helping out to be our professional photographer on that day.. Still awaiting for your group photo here.. friends.gif

• SRC Member

Nice to meet everyone and many thanks to Larry for organizing - Free drinks, eats and even have sweets to bring home!ThanxSmiley.gif & welldone.gif

It was fun to play with Artemas and Zachary.yahoo.gif Thanks to Joseph for cooking chicken strips and wings for me.

Too bad Desi didn't bring any of her corals for me to touch....chair.gif

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Paiseh... sorry guys. I had to play host for a family gathering.

Looking forward to next SRC outing!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

yes lemon tart was my own DIY.

not very popular so next time will do other flavours :P

Wow! You are talented! Btw, my son's (Artemas) birthday is mid of the month (hint, hint). :ThanxSmiley:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

Thanks for the photos Weisheng! ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of: