SPS SOS :)

• SRC Member

yeah, NSW probably will give you much problems.

saltmix is prefered.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer
tEc' date='07 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1273164206' post='907697']

for sps, i think better to use salt mix for ur water change. what i notice is nsw usually low on kh, ca and mg...not very ideal for sps...

yeah, NSW probably will give you much problems.

saltmix is prefered.

thanks bros. ok, will consider using salt mix for water changes. But for my virgin drop of saltwater, will just use NSW. too bloody ex to fill up a 183gallon tank + sump with salt mix.

ah yes flow. hmm. I have my tunze 6055, 6045 and 6025 from my old tank, along with the two returns generated by the 1264. this probably wont be enough so will have to end up getting more wavemakers lor...

U can mod 6025 to 6045 and 6045 to 6065. That should increase the total amt of flow by a little.

A bit surprised u are back to the hobby so fast. Seems like a longer break is too much to endure for an avid young reefer. But this time pls remember to stock slowly, patience is the key to success. Anyway I gave up SPS long ago. Too much effort and time. Anyway look forward to your new tank, i love cube tank, well square tank to be exact for your case.

• Senior Reefer

U can mod 6025 to 6045 and 6045 to 6065. That should increase the total amt of flow by a little.

A bit surprised u are back to the hobby so fast. Seems like a longer break is too much to endure for an avid young reefer. But this time pls remember to stock slowly, patience is the key to success. Anyway I gave up SPS long ago. Too much effort and time. Anyway look forward to your new tank, i love cube tank, well square tank to be exact for your case.

realise i don't have much time to enjoy before i have my FYP and NS... :(

will mod the tunzes like those in your thread!

• Senior Reefer

Must have stable parameters.

Stability = Growth.

thanks bro reefaholic! will take things slow and let the tank mature and stabalise first as i go along :)

Why not go for a wavebox. Polyps movement from wavebox is something you can nv get when you are using streams :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

Why not go for a wavebox. Polyps movement from wavebox is something you can nv get when you are using streams :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

i just sold my nano wavebox lol. will need to get a bigger one soon for the new tank.

Why not go for a wavebox. Polyps movement from wavebox is something you can nv get when you are using streams eyebrow.gifeyebrow.gifeyebrow.gif

+1...

Even ever tried MP40W for 6mnths and now wave box. Discovered both equally good, but preferred wavebox as it give me satisfaction. Soon you will know why though it quite bulky.

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

Yikes! who is going to be taking care of your tank while you're doing NS??

2nd that. No need to use those expensive brand as well.

NSW might introduce certain strain of bacteria that can wipeout the sps.

REALLY?!

Woah so fierce ah bro! Hmm, like that really need to consider using NSW for long term man! :S

Thanks for the good point! Appreciate. Learnt something today! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

REALLY?!

Woah so fierce ah bro! Hmm, like that really need to consider using NSW for long term man! :S

Thanks for the good point! Appreciate. Learnt something today! :)

Where got fierce.. lazy only... But always monitoring the tank parameters to ensure all are ok...

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED