Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer

:pinch: WAH !...putting expen$ive fish to 'test' ya water. :eyebrow:

this fish will go into my holding tub with saltwater and liverocks :)

is this safe with LPS?

this is a mitratus butterflyfish (chaetodon mitratus), which belongs to the deepwater tinkeri butterfly complex.

they are supposed to be safe with LPS as they live in deep water but to be honest, none of the claims are true. they end up picking on LPS anyway. but not as dangerous as other butterflies. these are more tolerable and you can close 1 eye.

• Senior Reefer

quite awhile.. do direct your wavemakers to the bottom of the tank so that there's no residue

thanks. by quite awhile you mean a few hours right?

i need to guage the time so i can know when to wash my sand and get ready to put in.

yes blowing the bottom with a few wavemakers now.

if you want to be safe, leave it for 2 days. Also bro, give the tank some water agitation to allow dissolved gases to exchange. This helps in reaching the ionic balance in the water faster (:

anyway where did you get your butterfly? Reborn?

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

How about having an open house after you finish cycling your tank ? I think many of us here will be very interested to see your new tank, and in return maybe anyone that come will bring a frag for your new tank LOL ? :P

• SRC Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look out for rock hard muffin!!!

oh you guys know me too well......... RAY... you're gonna GET IT!!!!Sad to say my german at one point better than my chinese... sadly..

anyway.... Lemon, I see your purchase.. I KNEW you'd get something... HSHAHAA leslie was saying. you have allot of pent up demand... sure chiong like crazy all the shipments.. :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

if you want to be safe, leave it for 2 days. Also bro, give the tank some water agitation to allow dissolved gases to exchange. This helps in reaching the ionic balance in the water faster (:

anyway where did you get your butterfly? Reborn?

well... it's been almost 6 hours since i poured the entire bucket of oceanic salt in. the tank is STILL cloudy and there's alot of undissolved "residue". hmm... i'll wait 1 or 2 days and see how it clears up. if die die the undissolved residues don't clear up, any idea what i should do? siphon them out? lol

yes the butterfly from reborn. it's very stressed... just bought him straight out from shipment. so will leave him alone in the dark for 1-2 days.

How about having an open house after you finish cycling your tank ? I think many of us here will be very interested to see your new tank, and in return maybe anyone that come will bring a frag for your new tank LOL ? :P

sure. open house once my tank finish cycling. problem is who wanna come see a bare tank! :eyebrow:

oh you guys know me too well......... RAY... you're gonna GET IT!!!!Sad to say my german at one point better than my chinese... sadly..

anyway.... Lemon, I see your purchase.. I KNEW you'd get something... HSHAHAA leslie was saying. you have allot of pent up demand... sure chiong like crazy all the shipments.. :P

hahaha well. i've been super duper patient liao... i missed 5 lineatus shipments, 2 mitratus shipments, countless of rhomboid shipments........

it's amazing i lasted so long.

inside my holding tub. hopefully don't die in my 1 star hotel :friends:

V cute and small looking mitratus. But where u gg to keep it?? In the toyogo box again? Your tank will prob be another month b4 it's ready, will the butterfly last long enough in the toyogo?

• Senior Reefer

Wait for a day... Use wool to trap the ppt... Will work..

ok. will wait till tomorrow. now late liao i dun wan get wet and do tank stuff.

V cute and small looking mitratus. But where u gg to keep it?? In the toyogo box again? Your tank will prob be another month b4 it's ready, will the butterfly last long enough in the toyogo?

yep in my toyogo box.

yes can keep in there why not. haha. the sponge filters are inoculated with nitrifying bacteria for over a month now, as they have been in saltwater tanks since beginning. there's a piece of cured liverock in there and a wavemaker for circulation. just do regular water changes to keep the parameters. i have 2 sailfin blennies in there that have been in holding tub for 1 month liao :)

it's nothing much, very simple, but with proper maintenance. it will last in there.

unless of course it dies from some other problem... like leak, or fish's health, etc. then... :( too bad lor.

I c w proper filtration system den is ok. I'm jux afraid your little toyogo box will be filled w more and more fishes until overcrowding!

How are the colini and golden?

Ya.. With proper filtration it should be okay.. I am running mine with normal equipment also.. No problems... :thumbsup:

As for that two angel, will leave it to him to answer..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I c w proper filtration system den is ok. I'm jux afraid your little toyogo box will be filled w more and more fishes until overcrowding!

How are the colini and golden?

no lah. i'm very selective with my fish now. you saw my stocklist. 70% of the fish are unobtainable via normal shipments. must wait for the exclusive ones.

sigh. dam sian day. all my colinis and golden are dead. i dunno if it's a suprise, or a stunner. i kinda knew it was coming, just didn't wanna face the reality :(

colini died from feeding strike.

golden died nicely on the bottom with no apparent damage what-so ever.

used my virgin test kits bought yesterday to test the water, everything is in check. except nitrates which is abit high, but not high enough to cause death.

verdict? give up on these 2 for now. lemonlemon the mass murderer. can't sleep tonight with this title hanging on my head

no lah. i'm very selective with my fish now. you saw my stocklist. 70% of the fish are unobtainable via normal shipments. must wait for the exclusive ones.

sigh. dam sian day. all my colinis and golden are dead. i dunno if it's a suprise, or a stunner. i kinda knew it was coming, just didn't wanna face the reality :(

used my virgin test kits bought yesterday to test the water, everything is in check. except nitrates which is abit high, but not high enough to cause death.

verdict? give up on these 2 for now. lemonlemon the mass murderer. can't sleep tonight with this title hanging on my head

Death is inevitable for Golden and Colini.. You might get a few death before getting the correct one...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

U're not a murderer as the fishes are prob cyanide caught or overstressed thru shipping and bad handling process so in whoever hands will not survive. Talking about murder, think terryz should be convicted!