Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

:off:

my brown doggy died today :( i'm so sad. i woke up to find my mum crying and then i saw his dead body in my balcony. don't know how he died..

brought him back home many years ago when he was a stray puppy. i guess it was his time... strange. he was so healthy a few days ago. then stopped feeding and died.

bb cookie. R.I.P

Bro sad to heard of it.... :rip: for the doggy...

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• Senior Reefer

bro,condolence.. try to cheer up, part and parcel of life... :rip: for the cute doggy... :friends:

Bro sad to heard of it.... :rip: for the doggy...

thanks bro. very sad too...

• SRC Member

Sorry for your lost. friends.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

hey bro, my deepest condolence to you...

know exactly the feeling of losing a dog..

its indeed painful after he gave you so many years of joy and happiness..

may he :rip:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

:off:

my brown doggy died today :( i'm so sad. i woke up to find my mum crying and then i saw his dead body in my balcony. don't know how he died..

brought him back home many years ago when he was a stray puppy. i guess it was his time... strange. he was so healthy a few days ago. then stopped feeding and died.

bb cookie. R.I.P

Normally if it is old age, they will stop feeding and died peacefully in its sleep... So I guess it is good as you wun have to see him leave...

My Condolences, I know how you feel when I lost any of my pets...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

he's an old dog to begin with, and recently he has been very sick. hospitalised for a few weeks. he was living in my grand mother's farm in LCK. then he kept getting sick so after he was discharged, we brought him back to my house to live with us.

that's why the photos you see, he looks quite thin with patchy fur. as most of his fur had dropped from the medications.

after that he was apparently quite healthy... only 2 days ago he stopped feeding. today we wanted to bring him to the vet but he had already died :(

here's a pic when he was in his healthier days..

post-15755-12783087283712_thumb.jpg

he's an old dog to begin with, and recently he has been very sick. hospitalised for a few weeks. he was living in my grand mother's farm in LCK. then he kept getting sick so after he was discharged, we brought him back to my house to live with us.

that's why the photos you see, he looks quite thin with patchy fur. as most of his fur had dropped from the medications.

after that he was apparently quite healthy... only 2 days ago he stopped feeding. today we wanted to bring him to the vet but he had already died :(

here's a pic when he was in his healthier days..

One thing I learnt... Never delay seeing the vet if you see your pet is not doing well... I waited for weekend and my chin never made it pass friday when I discover it is not feeding on wednesday...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

One thing I learnt... Never delay seeing the vet if you see your pet is not doing well... I waited for weekend and my chin never made it pass friday when I discover it is not feeding on wednesday...

he was not feeling very well on saturday :( didn't eat much but we decided to observe 1 more day first. afterall, he has been to the vet repeatedly for the past few months coz of skin condition and some other things... took a toll on him.

then on sunday he still wasn't feeding. but the vet was not open. he ate a little in the night and drank some water. the next day (today), died liao... he died lying on his side with his 4 legs outstretched. does not look like he went away in peace. probably passed away in the middle of the night because at around 2am he was still alive.

still so sad when i think of him... everytime he went to the vet he will recieve jabs and regular check up. still dunno why this happened. :(

he was not feeling very well on saturday :( didn't eat much but we decided to observe 1 more day first. afterall, he has been to the vet repeatedly for the past few months coz of skin condition and some other things... took a toll on him.

then on sunday he still wasn't feeding. but the vet was not open. he ate a little in the night and drank some water. the next day (today), died liao... he died lying on his side with his 4 legs outstretched. does not look like he went away in peace. probably passed away in the middle of the night because at around 2am he was still alive.

still so sad when i think of him... everytime he went to the vet he will recieve jabs and regular check up. still dunno why this happened. :(

First few day, you will feel this way... Will be better in a few weeks... Cheer up.. :friends: :friends:

Member of:

• SRC Member

cheer up bro, this is part of life. all living things will have to go someday. till date i lost 5 dogs. some due to old age, some due to sickness. end of day, as long as when he/she was alive, n u guys had a happy time together, it good enuff to have sweet memories. sometimes letting them go is a gd thing actually. stop them from suffering. dogs r very much like humans actually, when they hit a certain age, they will get all kinds of sickness. i actually put a few of mine to slp as vet say it more kind to do that.

• SRC Member

i'm sorry to hear about that.

so sad... i understand how you feel. :rip:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer
tEc' date='05 July 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1278321556' post='926271']

cheer up bro, this is part of life. all living things will have to go someday. till date i lost 5 dogs. some due to old age, some due to sickness. end of day, as long as when he/she was alive, n u guys had a happy time together, it good enuff to have sweet memories. sometimes letting them go is a gd thing actually. stop them from suffering. dogs r very much like humans actually, when they hit a certain age, they will get all kinds of sickness. i actually put a few of mine to slp as vet say it more kind to do that.

must be very hard to watch 5 of your precious doggies go. and must be even harder to watch them go from sickness. my only regret is that i did not spend my last few hours with him.

he's always been very loyal but i've never had much of a chance to play with him because he lived in a different house. anyway he's gone now to a better place, and i have to move on also. no use thinking about him and getting sad.

back to reefing. :)

majestic angelfish settled down very well already. fantastic size, colours and behaviour. feeding on all my sponge and tunicates! haha.

• Senior Reefer

i'm sorry to hear about that.

so sad... i understand how you feel. :rip:

dogs love their owners unconditionally. i know how you feel. precious loves you as much as you loved her.

i've seen lots of dogs being forcefully dragged away from their owners before. strays that belong to people were dragged by their necks till they bleed by AVA. painful to see. never thought i will lose my own dog and feel the same way.

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear about cookie :(

Adopted strays in Singapore are the sweetest and most loyal dogs you can ever own. You will still miss him, but it won't hurt as much in the weeks to come :rip:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Sometimes sudden death is better. At least the animal did'nt suffer much. My cat was battling cancer for some time, one day he just vomitted out his dinner and went into hiding. The next day he appeared to be very weak, behind my sump. Could'nt even move the tail. Few hours later, no response. I had to pull his dead body out by his tail between the sump tank and the wall. At least you did'nt have to handle your dead pet that way.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

sigh the pictures are so cute of cookie.. haiz.... well.. we all have fond memories of our pets... hugz.. I know all my hamsters who have gone up there to the big sunflower seed in the sky will give your cookie a warm welcome.. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

take it as a form of liberation for your doggie bro! know how it feels like, had a dog passing away during x'mas some years back and I was not able to be with my dog then, really sad, but ur doggie will be in dog heaven now with endless snacks to eat and countless dogs to play with~ flowers.gif

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

thanks everybody for the kind words. am feeling so much better now. i love cookie alot but i feel so guilty for not visiting him often at my other house. only do so every weekend.

he's lucky though. if we did not rescue him from the streets, he would have been dead years ago by AVA. at least he lived happily (so i hope)

• Senior Reefer

Remember my pair of monster clowns? well i finally got them back.

they've grown so big now.

here's the 1st clown. pic shows the pattern on both sides of the body.

post-15755-12783399033818_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12783399093635_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

then here they are swimming...

impossible to take a sharp photo without using flash. swim too fast and wiggly....

unfortunately, they did not cooperate to show their side with the nice pattern. only 1 of them did.

post-15755-12783400053798_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

I tot they have the white patch on both side... Seems like only 1 side only..

no ah. all along 1 side only lol.

the other side is more normal.

from my old tank 1.