1.5 ft Nano Cube

• SRC Member

Previously, i started a topic title Elos Mini Reef but later decided to remove it bec CO changed her mind.

However, recently she seems to be ok for me to start reef again, so "mai tu liao" (in english is without hesitation)quickly look for tank. I did not go for Elos after getting contact from Binosage. Support local tank manufacturer so to speak......

Hopefully Razali can deliver the tank much earlier.

Will definitely post some pic and exchange ideas to keep this hobby interesting.....

• SRC Supporter

Previously, i started a topic title Elos Mini Reef but later decided to remove it bec CO changed her mind.

However, recently she seems to be ok for me to start reef again, so "mai tu liao" (in english is without hesitation)quickly look for tank. I did not go for Elos after getting contact from Binosage. Support local tank manufacturer so to speak......

Hopefully Razali can deliver the tank much earlier.

Will definitely post some pic and exchange ideas to keep this hobby interesting.....

Congrats bro in convincing your CO!!!! Haha... I still have to wait for at least another year or more.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

as you can see, I have changed the skimmer from bubble magus to red sea prizm. The purpose is to free up one compartment in the sump for refugim which I have added miracle mud into it.

thanks yellowtang/ mike for his free micro algae but I still do not have time to collect from him......pai say.....

that's all for now. a simple brief update.

post-194-12758214481195_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758214758545_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758215005825_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758215191873_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758216457415_thumb.jpg

post-194-1275821680839_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758217018186_thumb.jpg

post-194-12758217238005_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

ok here is my nano reef specification:

tank size: 1.5 by 1.5 ft with sump. About 24 gallon

chiller: mini artica 1/15 hp. temp set at 26 deg C. It takes about 30 mins to lower 1 deg C (is it normal?)

skimmer: redsea hang on prizm (capacity for 40 gallon)

sump: 4 compartment altogether (1st compartment - active carbon and bio home. 2nd compartment - bio pellet. 3rd compartment - refugim with 1.5 inch miracle mud. last compartment - live rock and return pump)

light - G2 110W LED light

main tank - plan to keep ric, clam, anemone, button, true clown x 2, black cap x 1, yellow head jaw fish x 2.

any comments?

as you can see, I have changed the skimmer from bubble magus to red sea prizm. The purpose is to free up one compartment in the sump for refugim which I have added miracle mud into it.

hmmm..... not sure what is the performance level of the BM skimmer.... but the prizm skimmer is definitely a mediocre skimmer.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

i didnt really compare redsea prizm with BM skimmer. The key reaosn why the swap is to free up my 3rd compartment for a complete refugim. so went back to hang on type redsea prizm which i had used it before. definitely the redsea prizm can do its job, else i wouldnt use it again. :ThanxSmiley:

i didnt really compare redsea prizm with BM skimmer. The key reaosn why the swap is to free up my 3rd compartment for a complete refugim. so went back to hang on type redsea prizm which i had used it before. definitely the redsea prizm can do its job, else i wouldnt use it again. :ThanxSmiley:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Since you have good experience with RedSea den I guess you will feel assured with it..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

i'm using those aluminium foil that we used it during BBQ....wrap the sotong with chilli and throw it inside the fire to cook type....aka those that off the shelf in NTUC. The purpose is to minimise heat exchange to the environment as my chiller is within the cabinet.

Bro whats that aluminium foil thing that you wrap around your chiller in and out pipes? Is that a thermal wrap or something?

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

some photo.

Wow! Yummy Yum Yum :thumbsup:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg