Captive Breeding News

Terryz_

• Senior Reefer

comets have been bred long time ago already. they're very cute when young! have the small white patch.

i'm interested in that blue spotted goby fish. can't see clearly

post-15755-1274163261131_thumb.jpg

comets have been bred long time ago already. they're very cute when young! have the small white patch.

i'm interested in that blue spotted goby fish. can't see clearly

Eh... Really din know about that... But how come we dun get small comet in singapore...

The blue spotted goby is the common Yellow Watchman Goby mah.. Not meh?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Eh... Really din know about that... But how come we dun get small comet in singapore...

The blue spotted goby is the common Yellow Watchman Goby mah.. Not meh?

yah comets have been bred long ago. in fact i saw a picture with hundreds of baby comets in a tank before. trying to find but lost the photo haha!

dunno why no captive bred comets appear in sg.

oh it's a watchman? haha can't see properly

• Senior Reefer

Since we're in a baby mood. Some baby angels to perk everyone up. let's hope they start breeding them again! i wish we get a chance to see some of the more common captive bred angels here. like bandit and colini.

post-15755-12741769921665_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741769965932_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770016269_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1274177004916_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770107706_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770154313_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770211517_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1274177027486_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770324045_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770384076_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12741770443876_thumb.jpg

Since we're in a baby mood. Some baby angels to perk everyone up. let's hope they start breeding them again! i wish we get a chance to see some of the more common captive bred angels here. like bandit and colini.

It is unlikely they will be back to breeding Centropyge.... Was actually looking forward to their Debelius, Respledent and Hybrid...

Din know they bred bandit too?

Member of:

• SRC Member

Baby r definitely cute but pls note coz I understand some LS r not recommend to get them if too young.

Some fishes may stable & can be brought back home during very young stage but some r highly not recommend as they required to achieve certain size or age in order to be in captivity.(esp for beginner)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Baby r definitely cute but pls note coz I understand some LS r not recommend to get them if too young.

Some fishes may stable & can be brought back home during very young stage but some r highly not recommend as they required to achieve certain size or age in order to be in captivity.(esp for beginner)

Those are wild caught Juveniles not captive bred... Becos wild caught they are very delicate and does not take handling and shipping very easily...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

these dwarf angels are bred from eggs and are extremely hardy and all eat prepared food.

don't worry, there are some reefers here experienced enough to handle veery delicate livestock. like terryz and i :P :P hehe lols.

jokes aside, i do agree that some livestock are very perishable when young. thanks for the reminder :)

just a side note.

All baby fishes that are TANK BRED are super hardy because they have been feeding on prepared food since baby and are extremely adapted to captive life, having lived their entire life in a glass box and not in the wild. so never hesitate to support captive breeding and buy captive bred fishes. or tank raised, for that matter, where baby fishes are captured from the wild and trained, acclimated to captive life to sellable size

• Senior Reefer

My my... aren't they cute! :wub:

If they are reef safe, I would have set up a reef tank full of dwarf angels...

yes baby fishes are all super cute. baby mandarins are heck cute too!

some of the angels are more reefsafe such as flame etc. but not 100%

and dont get the idea that captive bred from egg, spend whole life in a glass box = reefsafe coz they've never seen a single coral in their life. this is wrong!! :( my captive bred maculosus angel made a bee line for corals straight away! LOL! :(

these dwarf angels are bred from eggs and are extremely hardy and all eat prepared food.

don't worry, there are some reefers here experienced enough to handle veery delicate livestock. like terryz and i :P :P hehe lols.

jokes aside, i do agree that some livestock are very perishable when young. thanks for the reminder :)

just a side note.

All baby fishes that are TANK BRED are super hardy because they have been feeding on prepared food since baby and are extremely adapted to captive life, having lived their entire life in a glass box and not in the wild. so never hesitate to support captive breeding and buy captive bred fishes. or tank raised, for that matter, where baby fishes are captured from the wild and trained, acclimated to captive life to sellable size

Aiyo, Dun quote my name ler.. Will paiseh one.. :paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh: I wouldnt say i can handle very delicate livestock very well, i have my fair part of losses too..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Aiyo, Dun quote my name ler.. Will paiseh one.. :paiseh: :paiseh: :paiseh: I wouldnt say i can handle very delicate livestock very well, i have my fair part of losses too..

haha who say!

• SRC Member

just a side note.

Steady lo...Haha... Didn't know technology today can make wildlife this way...

really unbelieveable when mentioned feeding on prepared food since baby and r EXTREMELY ADAPTED TO CAPTIVE LIFE. :welldone:

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!